Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Can someone explain this to me? >

Can someone explain this to me?

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Can someone explain this to me?

Old 01-09-2013, 08:24 AM
Fork Horn

Default Can someone explain this to me?

I'd like to hear why, when House Republicans voted to raise the debt ceiling 19 times under President Bush without spending cuts (adding $4 trillion to the debt), it was no big deal -- but now, raising the debt ceiling is unacceptable and we need to push the country to the brink of default. Debt is "imperiling our children" (Boehner).

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/20...isy/?mobile=nc
Old 01-09-2013, 08:28 AM
Dominant Buck

It wasn't. Wrong then, wrong now
Next question?
Old 01-09-2013, 08:30 AM
Fork Horn

You can't just explain it away that simply.

They were wrong then, but now that they've "seen the light" it is correct to hold the economy hostage and threaten a government shutdown to get their way?
Old 01-09-2013, 08:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by burniegoeasily View Post
It wasn't. Wrong then, wrong now
Next question?
It's not wrong Bernie. Raising the dept ceiling means we agree to pay our bills. It's foolish to believe that spending can be cut when there is so much that needs to be done.

You really should change your focus to something that can benefit as opposed to hurt our country.

ATB
Old 01-09-2013, 08:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by H80Hunter View Post
You can't just explain it away that simply.

They were wrong then, but now that they've "seen the light" it is correct to hold the economy hostage and threaten a government shutdown to get their way?

It's childishness on the part of the legislators. Nothing more.

ATB
Old 01-09-2013, 08:48 AM
Fork Horn

Raising the debt ceiling doesn't authorize any new spending. It just pays for spending the House has already approved.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Raising the debt ceiling just causes more debt......how about cutting spending....that SAVES money......
Old 01-09-2013, 08:55 AM
Fork Horn

Stupid liberals. With the reckless spending!

Old 01-09-2013, 09:43 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Mickey Finn View Post
It's not wrong Bernie. Raising the dept ceiling means we agree to pay our bills. It's foolish to believe that spending can be cut when there is so much that needs to be done.

You really should change your focus to something that can benefit as opposed to hurt our country.

ATB
That makes no sense how is asking to raise our debt ceiling mean we agree to pay our bills. Last time i checked when i had to pay my dept down i had to suck it up and live a life that sucked and still sucks as i build my savings. The only way to pay our debts is to cut what we have spent in waste and put towards our debts we owe. As for raising the debt ceiling back for the bush era we were in a war and needed the money to fund it. But At some point we need to stop our money is becoming so worthless and we are suffering for that look at the economy. Yes if we stop raising the debt ceiling and start cutting spending in wastefull areas then ye could put towards our debts it would be hard at first but i think in the long run it would be helpful. Also i love how we blame the republican or demorcrat at this point im getting sick at both they are not doing their jobs if they were we would not be in this place as we are now. And if i am speaking wrong on how the nation pays it debts let me know that is my understanding.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:52 AM
Banned

both parties support spending when its their party doing the spending,
when other party advocates more spending, then all of a sudden they have to cut the other parties spending.
another problem is basic structure of govt,
reps voting on dollars that go to their home state.
no one wants to cut spending when those dollars are headed back to their state.
take medicare/medicaid
1/3 split, local city/state/fed contribution
why would a city rep vote to cut such spending, when every $1 they contribute they get $2 back?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.