Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Obama a third term?????? >

Obama a third term??????

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Obama a third term??????

Old 01-07-2013, 05:11 PM
Typical Buck

Default That said....

Originally Posted by WOODTICK49 View Post
IMHO Lindsay Graham is another Constitution hating RINO!!!
sure looks like he's gonna make a run at it to me, the guy can't keep his mug off the tube these days.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:28 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by tight360 View Post
sure looks like he's gonna make a run at it to me, the guy can't keep his mug off the tube these days.
That is a dead give away isn't it.Anytime the propaganda arm of "The Party"starts giving someone a lot of airtime,something is up.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:00 AM
Fork Horn

From the article:

"New York Rep. Serrano, who has pushed similar legislation to every Congress since at least 2001, introduced the bill on January 4."

It's not like he's saying "HEY THIS BARACK GUY IS SO GOOD WE SHOULD JUST SCRAP THAT WHOLE 22ND AMENDMENT THING!!! LOLZ"

Read more: http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/pol...#ixzz2HOsMu5e0
Old 01-08-2013, 08:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Re: the Republicans' chances in 2016, the GOP doesn't need to "reform" so much as it needs to get back to its base. Republicans have put forth "moderate" candidates the past two times and got nowhere. Although I am a Romney fan and feel like he would have been an outstanding president, social conservatives simply weren't going to vote for him. 2008 proved that you can't play the middle and hope to win. 2012 proved that you can't rely on the other guy's anti-vote and hope to win. It still amazes me to think that with all the disgruntlement and anxiety out there after the first four Obama years, Romney would have won if he had simply gotten the same number of votes McCain got in 2008 and he couldn't even do that.

The national pundits like to talk about how the GOP is finished if it doesn't reform to persuade women and minorities to vote for them. They're wrong. The GOP is finished if it doesn't get back to basics. And the idea that you have to have an extreme right-wing conservative candidate to do that is nuts. Ronald Reagan was not an extreme right-winger. He was actually fairly moderate. But he was able to appeal to conservatives. There are some young guys in the party with Reaganesque qualities right now, but if the GOP establishment doesn't get behind them, the Democrats will continue to control the executive branch.

With all that said, one area the GOP is going to have to look at is the Hispanic vote. That voting bloc is now large enough to be a game-changer. The GOP shouldn't change its principles to get the Hispanic vote, but I do believe Republicans need to take a look at how they're communicating on issues like immigration reform.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:08 PM
Dominant Buck

With all that said, one area the GOP is going to have to look at is the Hispanic vote. That voting bloc is now large enough to be a game-changer. The GOP shouldn't change its principles to get the Hispanic vote, but I do believe Republicans need to take a look at how they're communicating on issues like immigration reform.
false, the Hispanic vote is and was a non factor Gris. The media has been telling a lie. I've posted twice since the election a study that went state by state and showed even if vast majorities in several states of the Hispanic vote flipped, it wouldn't have made a difference in the election. They are a nonfactor.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Won't happen