Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Obama a third term?????? >

Obama a third term??????

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Obama a third term??????

Old 01-07-2013, 09:56 AM
Typical Buck

And Obama got elected / re-elected because of the wonderful job he was doing? It is clear at least to me that the dems could elect a wooden puppet using their embedded 47% base along with the minority vote. The wealthy and upper middle class who live on their own money would be more inclined to vote GOP. The bottom dwellers up to the increasing lower middle class want the socialized plan the Dems push. The elderly is a growing age demographic and any party that talks about decreasing Medicare and Social Security won't be getting their vote. If the GOP wants to win in 16 they will need a superman to step forward and win over the people who have become disenfranchised with the modern day GOP. The bottom has grown and the GOP has at least for the time being lost them.
I agree. After the beatdown the GOP took in the last election, its clear that Hillary (if she decides to run) can win in 2016.

Perhaps the republican candidate will have somebody like Axelrod to help out. They certainly need to do something different in 2016!
Old 01-07-2013, 10:15 AM
Typical Buck

This conversation/thread implies that elections are still relevant.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:17 AM
Fork Horn

Man if that happened we would be screwed as a country.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:46 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by stormyday395 View Post
if the amendment were in place, say 20 year ago, we would probably still have clinton and would not have the nightmare of today
I hope you are showing your age and not ignorance. If Clinton had not ran out of time, in his last term, he would have been removed by impeachment. He was disbarred for perjury, no way he would have had a chance. Besides, he did not leave office with very high marks. Heck he is what gave the GOP the majority . But hey, he is the Demos greatest, sex offender and convicted perjure.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:42 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by chazspot View Post
I agree. After the beatdown the GOP took in the last election, its clear that Hillary (if she decides to run) can win in 2016.

Perhaps the republican candidate will have somebody like Axelrod to help out. They certainly need to do something different in 2016!
I'm not sure I follow your logic. Hillary was behind to Obama in the primary when less money and resources were expended and then suspended her campaign (dropped out) in June of 2008.

When Hillary suspended her campaign, she had approximately 46% of the pledged delegates and estimated super delegates versus Obama's approximately 54%. John Edwards had less than 1% (4.5 delegates) and there were less than 100 delegates uncommitted or unable to be estimated.

Although a primary is certainly not a general election, I think it is fair to say that Hillary did not enjoy the same support as Obama and likely does not enjoy it now (obviously after Benghazi, etc.).

Romney lost to Obama in the general election by 50.6% to 47.8% in 2012. Yes, election turnout was lower in 2012 than 2008 and there is a certain element of apples to oranges comparison in both of our "predictions" but I don't see anything in your quoted "evidence" to suggest that it is clear that Hillary would win in 2016 (it certainly won't be Romney running against her). I think even Hillary would say your prediction is premature.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:49 PM
Typical Buck

I'm not sure I follow your logic. Hillary was behind to Obama in the primary when less money and resources were expended and then suspended her campaign (dropped out) in June of 2008.
I use Hillary just as an example, really. I think she or any other dem will win the 2016 election unless the republicans pave a road to success by making significant changes in their campaign strategy.
Old 01-07-2013, 04:01 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by chazspot View Post
I use Hillary just as an example, really. I think she or any other dem will win the 2016 election unless the republicans pave a road to success by making significant changes in their campaign strategy.
Yeah we need to outdo em with voter fraud.Duh!
Old 01-07-2013, 04:11 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by CalHunter View Post
After reading this and contemplating it a bit, I realized one could substitute Democratic Party for GOP and the sentence makes even more sense.
Thats funny cal, and possibly true, depending of course how you see things. Although, the reality of my statement is of course a true fact, according to polls and media, and neighbors in my parts, also with election results, ect. ect.
Old 01-07-2013, 04:16 PM
Typical Buck

Default I don't think McCain, CI

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander View Post
They don't need Obama in a third term they have Hillary all gussied up to lead in 16 and beyond. GOP will probably blow the dust off McCain or give Romney another try.
But I'll tell you what, I've got a sawbuck that says Lindsey Graham takes a shot at it. I've heard some say he's being more outspoken because he has an election in '14, but I think he's pretty safe being re-elected Senator from S.C. Nope, I think he's going to make a run in '16 for POTUS.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:06 PM
Typical Buck

IMHO Lindsay Graham is another Constitution hating RINO!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.