Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
I believe some here said this will never happen. >

I believe some here said this will never happen.

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

I believe some here said this will never happen.

Old 12-30-2012, 11:40 AM
Dominant Buck

Default I believe some here said this will never happen.

Obama makes it official. Gun control a priority.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...asures-in-2013
Old 12-30-2012, 11:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

I think we know what section didn't believe it! Told ya so!!
Old 12-30-2012, 12:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd like to hear what they have to say now.....
Old 12-30-2012, 12:24 PM
Super Moderator

I'm curious to hear what Obama supporters think now that Obama is going on the record for what he supports and what he intends to do.

Obama hopes to enact new gun-control measures in 2013
By Meghashyam Mali
12/30/12 09:49 AM ET

President Obama on Sunday said he would make gun control a priority in his new term, pledging to put his “full weight” behind passing new restrictions on firearms in 2013.

“I'm going to be putting forward a package and I'm going to be putting my full weight behind it,” Obama said in an interview aired on NBC’s “Meet the Press.” “I'm going to be making an argument to the American people about why this is important and why we have to do everything we can to make sure that something like what happened at Sandy Hook Elementary does not happen again.”

In the wake of the Dec. 14 mass shooting at a Newtown, Conn., school, the president has launched a White House task force led by Vice President Biden to present proposals in January to help stem gun violence. Obama has said that he would seek a broad approach to the problem addressing the role of violence in entertainment and measures to improve mental healthcare.

But he has also called on Congress to move quickly to reinstate the federal assault weapons ban and a ban on the sale of high-capacity magazines.

Obama on Sunday repeated those calls and said he would meet with lawmakers on both sides of the aisles to see action.

“I've been very clear that an assault-rifle ban, banning these high capacity clips, background checks, that there are a set of issues that I have historically supported and will continue to support,” the president said.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm for gun control if it means keeping both hands on the weapon.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

Well Fast and Furious back fired on him; so this is his perfect opportunity to let his true colors show. This is always been his agenda from day one!
Old 12-30-2012, 03:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

What is really bad are the ones who knew it could/probably would happen, and didn't vote the best chance to beat Obama.

I guess they are just smarter than we are.

C. Davis
Old 12-30-2012, 04:00 PM
Dominant Buck

Buy them right now because soon it will be too late. My bet is they will find a way to negotiate a deal regarding gun control even though they sucked at straightening out our deficit problems.
Old 12-30-2012, 04:45 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

I wish I could get some kind of solace from saying "I told you so". Not surprising that those who, during the election, proclaimed this would never happen aren't posting now. Especially the ones who had such nice things to say to and about me for pointing out their hypocricy.

What is really bad are the ones who knew it could/probably would happen, and didn't vote the best chance to beat Obama.

I guess they are just smarter than we are.
Yeah, but they have pictures and memberships and such. Reckon it will ever sink in that this isn't Bush's fault?
Old 12-31-2012, 05:11 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by LBR View Post
I wish I could get some kind of solace from saying "I told you so". Not surprising that those who, during the election, proclaimed this would never happen aren't posting now. Especially the ones who had such nice things to say to and about me for pointing out their hypocricy.

Yeah, but they have pictures and memberships and such. Reckon it will ever sink in that this isn't Bush's fault?
I don't think they are even sticking their noses out from under those rocks they are hiding under. They hate it when we're right, which is 99% of the time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.