Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
CT School Shooting >

CT School Shooting

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

CT School Shooting

Old 12-15-2012, 07:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Fieldmouse View Post
If there isn't, then the community needs to be asking why they are turning their kids over to this group to raise them.
In a world that makes sense, that is exactly right.

C. Davis
Old 12-15-2012, 09:40 AM
Spike

I don't post on this site very often, but I am a regular reader. I just need to vent a hair so feel free to ignore the post.
For the first time in my life I am almost ashamed to be an american, as far as I can remember this is the most disgusting thing that has happened, except 9/11, but this time these people are americans and that is the only thing I have or will ever have in common with these two people(I refuse to call them men, because they are NOT). I could keep ranting and make this a novel of a post if I really wanted to, but I won't. I just cannot believe that this kind of action is actually possible.
(To clarify things for any that want to dispute or hate on me, I am from and live in WI and I am a proud republican, there is nothing anyone can say or do that is worse than what this shooting is)
Old 12-15-2012, 09:42 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by C. Davis View Post
In our little town, if you are getting your hair cut by a lady...she is called a hair dresser.
Most of the larger barbershops around the Burlington area have female barbers in addition to some men. They cut men's hair not womens. I guess if you want some guy running his hands through your hair CD go for it. In my case I kind of like getting all that attention from a nice looking lady. They do know how to get a big tip. I suppose if you were to get a massause you would want that from a guy too.

I'm been going through different emotions about this whole ordeal. Right now, I am in a angry mood. I don't understand how we have not learned that schools, churches, places that are supposed to be sanctuaries offer the greatest opportunity for a nut to carry out a massacre unopposed.

I don't go to a restaurant, a movie, the store, or even church without having my carry weapon. I have done this for so long now that I feel uncomfortable if I am caught without it. It got me to thinking that declaring a school a zero tolerance, no gun zone is like offering up our children to be devoured by the beast. We saw it happen yesterday. Nobody there had a chance to stop it.

I believe there has to be more than one good guy/gal at a school with a weapon.

C. Davis
And who chooses that good guy or gal? Some districts have armed guards at the only entrance. Would that be a big enough deterrent? That along with improving the overall building security with metal detectors might be an answer.

Old 12-15-2012, 10:40 AM
Little Doe Peep

Cool

I suppose there might be some risk of an accident of sorts if you were to have a few trained and armed teachers. But I'll take my chances with that as opposed to leaving everyone in the school completely helpless while someone with a "personality disorder" goes through the school killing children, and teachers.

Let's get real. Guns are not like water main leaks in the street that just go off without warning.

We never worried about this kind of incident in my high school. The standing joke was that anyone coming in with a gun would have to consider that some of the students might be armed.
Old 12-15-2012, 02:35 PM
Dominant Buck

While it is heartbreaking to see what happened especially to young students....the same thing can be said for any work place. The kids in school are certainly very vulnerable but then again so are others within a workplace. Is the answer to have an anonymous armed person within all work groups? The TSA has something similar with the sky marshals. That within itself probably offers a form of deterrence. Perhaps school districts all over the country will put security as part of their budgets and there will be an armed person of authority within all schools. I would think that is a better solution than arming teachers.
Old 12-15-2012, 03:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

This was one very brave young woman:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1221004
Old 12-15-2012, 06:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander View Post
Perhaps school districts all over the country will put security as part of their budgets and there will be an armed person of authority within all schools. I would think that is a better solution than arming teachers.
What's wrong with giving the teachers the option? They allowed pilots. It makes more sense than using taxpayer money hiring someone with the sole job of looking after the school.
Old 12-15-2012, 06:42 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by BigBuck22 View Post
What's wrong with giving the teachers the option? They allowed pilots. It makes more sense than using taxpayer money hiring someone with the sole job of looking after the school.
Bush allowed some pilots, Obama took it away I believe.
Old 12-16-2012, 04:20 AM
Dominant Buck

I think the pilots are still able to carry. I have a friend who is an American Airlines 767 pilot. He said there was a course they had to go through to qualify and that there were a lot of strings attached for them to carry. He said there are a lot more sky marshals than what most people realize. Pilots are protected behind a locked door but teachers are right in with the students. I don't think there is any comparison between the safety of having a pilot carry and that of a teacher. Kids are curious and from my way of thinking it would be more of a risk that a kid would get their hands on a teacherís gun than the threat of having an armed intruder come into a classroom. Teachers in secondary education are assaulted every day. Adding a gun to the mix doesnít sound like a good plan.
Old 12-16-2012, 07:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander View Post
Most of the larger barbershops around the Burlington area have female barbers in addition to some men. They cut men's hair not womens. I guess if you want some guy running his hands through your hair CD go for it. In my case I kind of like getting all that attention from a nice looking lady. They do know how to get a big tip. I suppose if you were to get a massause you would want that from a guy too.

And who chooses that good guy or gal? Some districts have armed guards at the only entrance. Would that be a big enough deterrent? That along with improving the overall building security with metal detectors might be an answer.
I'm going to have to agree with you on the masseuse part.

Several birthdays ago, my wife had a gift for me she said I've never had. I'm hard to buy for because I have just about everything. She was so eager to give it to me, she couldn't wait any longer for March 29th to come and she gave it to me a couple days early. I opened the card, and it was a fancy certificate stating I had an appointment for a massage.

I wasn't quite sure what to think about that, but I did muster a smile and a thank you. And then I started worrying about it. She sensed my uneasiness, and assured me it would be alright. She knew the lady who would do it, and she told the lady all about me. I finally said I would do it, but she would have to be there with me to chaperone. The last thing I wanted was any misunderstandings.

It was just about the weirdest thing Iv'e ever been through, but I did feel pretty good after. My legs were so relaxed I could hardly stand.

I can't even imagine having some guy named Earl rubbing all over me.

As for who chooses the guy or gal.
I personally believe a concealed carry holder could coordinate with the school district, and have special training for school situations. I believe the guns should not be visible to the students. I think the important thing is for the school to no longer be gun free where ever body are sitting ducks. I don't see much wisdom in posting signs saying "gun free zone." I sure would not put that sign on the front door of my house.

The bad guys need to know they will not be unopposed like the are now.

Now, I am realistic about this. I think that may go over here, but I'm not sure about Connecticut, or anywhere in the north east.

C. Davis

Last edited by C. Davis; 12-16-2012 at 07:14 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.