Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Are assault rifles needful for hunters? >

Are assault rifles needful for hunters?

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Are assault rifles needful for hunters?

Old 12-12-2012, 12:53 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by jeepkid View Post
What's the difference if I want to hunt with one and you don't? Just since you don't they should be banned?

What do you classify as an "assault weapon"? FYI, "assault weapons" have already been banned for years!

Check out the Remington R-15...is that an assault weapon to you?

Also, many states (maybe all) already have laws that you can't HUNT with a weapon that holds more then 5 rounds!

Anywho, none of this even matters since the jerkoff in Oregon STOLE the rifle anyway!!!!
There is no mag. capacity laws for a hunting rifle in Idaho. You can use a 30 rounder or even one of those 100 round beta mags if you want. The only thing with a magazine capacity law is a shotgun used for waterfowl, it cannot have more than 3 rounds.
Old 12-12-2012, 01:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

None of my "assault rifles" have ever killed anyone. i own four AR-15 rifles. One of them is a 1960s Colt that i've had since new. One is a newer Colt. i'll put my Stag Arms model 6L Super Varminter against any sporting rifle in a shooting contest.

Yep, i do have some 30 round "extended" magazines, along with a big bunch of Colt 20 round magazines, some ten round and five round magazines.

i'm waiting for the breathless ultra-liberal, anti-gun and anti-self defense blissninnies to come from the woodwork, jump before the TV cameras and tell us how guns are not needed, cops can protect us, ad nauseum.

So i'm supposed to get rid of my awful "assault rifles" because some out of control scumbag may steal one, go berserk and kill folks. Yep, its the guns fault.
Old 12-12-2012, 02:01 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by hockeydad View Post
As a hunter, I never had the need nor desire for rifles with extended magazines. Why is that when nut jobs blow their fuse, they always go for these rifles with extended magazines? I believe it is because they enable the shooter to kill the most number of victims in the shortest amount of time.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/13/us...ting.html?_r=0
So if i shoot you with a single shot 30 06 thats not an assault? So you would be fine getting shot with a 30 06. ?

What is an assault weapon? And where will you libs stop? Hell, a sharpened stick can be used to assault and kill someone.

Sorry but this is just stupid.
Old 12-12-2012, 02:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

There was a bad automobile wreck here the other day. Two people died. Guess we need to ban automobiles too.

I only have one AR. It is DEADLY accurate ...with a Geissele trigger and Shilen barrel. It's a 6.5 Grendel and will kill critters. It's not going anywhere...regardless what anti-gun zealots would like.
Old 12-12-2012, 02:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Let's see, shooting in CO - jammed magazine. Incident in OR - jammed magazine.

If a mag jams, does it matter if it held 30 or 40 or 100 rounds? Also, I think it's funny that so many antis use phrases & arguments like "no legitimate use" or "no sporting (or hunting) purpose" when discussing assault weapons. Did somebody put them in charge of defining shooting sports? Some of the stages in 3-gun and action pistol courses require long strings of fire.
Old 12-12-2012, 02:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

This is the DPMS LR-308. IT is the very first AR rifle I ever shot. I was lucky enough to shoot the prototype at the DPMS range in St. Cloud, MN. AT their grand opening, after they bought the Del-Tone\Luth range there.

I hated it so much I have been saving the money to buy one.

Last edited by sconnyhunter; 12-12-2012 at 02:42 PM.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I guess my grandson's BB gun is and assault rifle it holds hundreds of BB's.OK maybe a hundred.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Old 12-12-2012, 03:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by SalRanger2 View Post
is it just me or does it seem most ppl believe these AR-15 type guns that citizens can buy are full auto?
What non gun owners and non-hunters know or think is beyond belief!

most people think you can go in any woods any time of year with your full auto machine gun and just shoot everything in site.

they have no clue how much tags cost, or that there is a "season" or a lottery for those tags.

I would bet a "psych" test would probably better sort out crazy killers from a "background check"

either way, they should focus on keeping guns away from the crazies vs. keeping them away from everyone in hopes of keeping them from a crazy.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Small point,the gun was stolen!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.