Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Are assault rifles needful for hunters? >

Are assault rifles needful for hunters?

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Are assault rifles needful for hunters?

Old 12-17-2012, 07:52 AM
Dominant Buck

Funny like we should give some kind of credit to a democrat who doesn't understand what the right of the people is regarding the second amendment. Also notice, it's just aimed at taking our rights away and would have in no way prevented what happen last week.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

IMO, the problem is not guns...it is a societal breakdown. Evil exists (always had, always will) but to ban guns is not an effective remedy. Why do you think these coward criminals always seem to target "gun free" places?
Old 12-17-2012, 07:58 AM
Dominant Buck

Like it of not I expect we gun owners will see some changes during the next session of congress. With the scope of what has happened IMO it will be difficult to experience no changes.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:03 AM
Dominant Buck

It shouldn't be that way if we have an open and honest discussion regarding this. The sad thing is that so many people are ending up with trampling on the rights the free people and still no solving the real issue here.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would like the opportunity to walk up to the next person who says something about hunters not needing assault weapons and smack him in the mouth. Where does the word "hunting" appear in the 2nd Amendment? Find me one founding father who mentioned hunting in ANY context in relation to gun rights when the Bill of Rights was being drafted or when any of the state constitutions were being ratified.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Fieldmouse View Post
It shouldn't be that way if we have an open and honest discussion regarding this. The sad thing is that so many people are ending up with trampling on the rights the free people and still no solving the real issue here.
FM, that is because it is easier and less painful to place blame on an inanimate object, guns.
Than to accept responsibility for being a part of the societal brake down that we have witnessed at the hands of the Dems.
In a world where God is removed at all haste and from all possible places.
In a world where morality has become situational at best.
In a world where convenience and the post Viet-Nam generation are in control.
What we have now, is the net result.

Micromanaging troglodytes, with a sense of superiority that is unfounded, and unproven.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by hockeydad View Post
You have the opportunity to keep large magazines legal. Instead of threatening violence against people with an opposing view, you could be writing professional, well-written, dispassionate letters to your elected representatives telling them what you think about this issue. I can guarantee you that there are many thousands of people who oppose large magazines that are signing petitions and writing letters to their representatives as we speak. Your opportunity to make a difference on this issue is right here, right now. You are wasting it with rants on website that will not influence the decision in any way.
I may have to ban myself for saying this, but hockeydad is right.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by hockeydad View Post
You have the opportunity to keep large magazines legal. Instead of threatening violence against people with an opposing view, you could be writing professional, well-written, dispassionate letters to your elected representatives telling them what you think about this issue. I can guarantee you that there are many thousands of people who oppose large magazines that are signing petitions and writing letters to their representatives as we speak. Your opportunity to make a difference on this issue is right here, right now. You are wasting it with rants on website that will not influence the decision in any way.

http://www.upi.com/blog/2012/12/17/G...9151355757992/
http://signon.org/sign/ban-assault-weapons
LOL. Threatening violence? You are a piece of work. And one messageboard poster advising another against posting "rants" on said board has always struck me as a bit funny.

Btw, it has nothing to do with folks with an "opposing" view. Folks are welcome to their opposing views. It's folks who are intentionally trying to mislead people that I have an issue with, something that you seem rather adept at.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:55 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by cr422 View Post
I may have to ban myself for saying this, but hockeydad is right.
Actually, you would better off sending a check to the NRA.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:00 AM
Spike

Very touchy subject no doubt. In light of the tragedy in Conn., something will be done. I can only hope its well thought out and not just a rush to judgement decision.

__________________________________________________ _____________________
"I have busted more hippies' noses than all the narcs in the free world." - Ted Nugent
Chuck Dee - AKA Chris

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.