Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Gun/Ammunition Makers Best Friend >

Gun/Ammunition Makers Best Friend

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Gun/Ammunition Makers Best Friend

Old 11-26-2012, 12:31 AM
Fork Horn

Default Gun/Ammunition Makers Best Friend

Deleted Post

Last edited by bmgillum; 01-01-2013 at 12:45 AM. Reason: Deleted Post
Old 11-26-2012, 06:22 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

“I also share your belief that weapons that were designed for soldiers in war theaters don’t belong on our streets,” Obama said in a recent statement regarding gun control. “And so what I’m trying to do is to get a broader conversation about how do we reduce the violence generally. Part of it is seeing if we can get an assault weapons ban reintroduced.”
Nawww....never happen. The resident libs said so. bho will never touch our guns or or 2nd Amendment rights.

Just what is an "assault weapon" anyway? One upon a time a Kentucky Longrifle (flint lock muzzleloader) was considered to be an "assault weapon". If you pick up a stick and hit me with it, did you not just make that stick an "assault weapon"?

Looks like we may be paying for the idiocy of others even sooner than I'd suspected.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm thinking about buying another AR before they ban " ASSAULT WEAPONS"...
Old 11-26-2012, 06:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

“And so what I’m trying to do is to get a broader conversation about how do we reduce the violence generally.
Here is an idea: stop using taxpayer money to buy large quantities of weapons that end-up getting sold to drug cartels.

I'm thinking about buying another AR before they ban " ASSAULT WEAPONS"...
Me to Brewman. An AR and an AK variant but they will be kept as safe queens until my 5 year old daughter is old enough to take ownership of them. By then who knows what the libs will have done regarding gun laws in this country.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:35 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

I guess I am one of those freaks (like Reagan/Bush Sr) who supports taking fully automatic machine guns out of the hands of ordinary citizens.
Typical distraction, nothing to do with the topic. Anyone with any clue knows that these require a special permit to legally own. Lots of money, lots of hoops to jump through, and again, nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Why would anybody need a 30 round clip capacity?
You are right--why would they? As far as that goes, why would anyone need to purchase more than one bullet at a time? You could go to a certified range to get your weapon sighted in, then leave with one bullet. You get to buy another bullet when you check your dead animal or are cleared by the police for killing an invader.

No more arrows by the dozen, no more broadheads by the 6-pack or 3-pack. No more muzzleloader powder by the pound. Bullets, broadheads, powder, primers, etc. all sold individually--pending you have the proper permits and paperwork filled out in triplicate. Single-shot rifles and shotguns only, and you are only allowed to posess one live round at a time. Wow--I feel safer already.

I have NEVER needed more than 2 shots to take out my target.
You just admitted your incompetence. A competent hunter would never need more than one shot. I could never feel safe sharing the woods with you.

I do support citizen access to reasonable hunting and personal protection weapons (rifles, shotguns, handguns)
Who gets to decide what is "reasonable"? Certainly not someone with an admitted mental illness. You should be restricted to blunt objects weighing less than 3 oz. Don't want you to hurt yourself or an innocent bystander. I just think that is reasonable. Don't you?

Ironic that bho hasn't even begun his second term and "gun control" seems to be high up on his agenda (I don't recally him mentioning this in his campaign though--what's up with that?).

Only one of his supporters dares to chime in, and it's an off the wall "defense" of what he's saying. 'Course you can no longer spout off with "he's not going to touch my guns"--got to shift gears and try and make what he's going to do sound "reasonable". Either that, or not speak up at all.

I think it was Fred Bear who was quoted saying something like "If you aren't actively defending hunting, you are actively working against it."
Old 11-26-2012, 07:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by hockeydad View Post
I guess I am one of those freaks (like Reagan/Bush Sr) who supports taking fully automatic machine guns out of the hands of ordinary citizens. I can't think of a single legit purpose for them other than killing large numbers of people quickly.

Why would anybody need a 30 round clip capacity? I wouldn't want to be anywhere in the woods with somebody who carried that kind of weapon. They would have to be incompetent hunters to need something like that. I have NEVER needed more than 2 shots to take out my target. It isn't even legal here in Wisconsin to hunt with that kind of weapon.... too dangerous for other hunters who have the misfortune be in same vicinity.

PS. I also don't support citizen access to tanks, fighter planes, grenades, etc.... I do support citizen access to reasonable hunting
and personal protection weapons (rifles, shotguns, handguns)
A 30 round clip is a lot of fun when your shooting at the range....and lots of 30 clips are good thing to have if society falls apart........

Good post LBR....cant disagree with anything you wrote.....But then again I'm not a liberal.....
Old 11-26-2012, 07:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by RobertSubnet View Post
Here is an idea: stop using taxpayer money to buy large quantities of weapons that end-up getting sold to drug cartels.

Me to Brewman. An AR and an AK variant but they will be kept as safe queens until my 5 year old daughter is old enough to take ownership of them. By then who knows what the libs will have done regarding gun laws in this country.
Love my STAG AR....so does my wife.....now she wants one.....
Old 11-26-2012, 08:05 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

That was the same Fred Bear who avoided service in WWII so he could go hunting safaris while my family was on the front lines in both Germany and Jaqan.
Where did you get that information? Just curious--I didn't find anything with a quick search.

I lost one uncle in WWII to a kamakazie, another survived two German death marches, another almost died during night manuvers training when the jeep driver ran off into a ravine. What does that have to do with the price of rice in China?

Just more diversion and deflection. Guess that's all you have when you can't face the facts.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by hockeydad View Post
I guess I am one of those freaks (like Reagan/Bush Sr) who supports taking fully automatic machine guns out of the hands of ordinary citizens.

It is hard to believe that you have much understanding at all about current basic gun laws with such an uninformed statement. You are a danger to firearms enthusiasts everywhere.

A class 3 permit is required to own a fully automatic weapon, and even then, the weapons allowed are specifically outlined (nothing manufactured since 1986 is allowed, etc.)

It is not impossible to acquire the class 3, but it is not a walk in the park either. Few are truly interested in a class 3 license anyway. Knowledge is your friend, ... get educated hd.

The current concern about a possible assault weapons re-up has nothing to do with automatic weapons ... never has and neither did the 1994 ban. This is just hysterical chaff and idiotic noise from the anti-gun side. Which side are you on? Get informed and then decide.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:13 AM
Typical Buck

I bought my first "ASSAULT WEAPON" as they call it. I picked up a Zastava 7.62x39 and am stocking up, trying to get a large supply of ammo for all my guns, so as when they pass legislation on bans, I'm prepared. I believe BHO will try to tax ammo and outlaw what ever he can, (Types of guns and magazines). We all better watch this snake, he has an agenda. Buy while you can!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.