Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Hypocrites In Our Ranks >

Hypocrites In Our Ranks

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Hypocrites In Our Ranks

Old 11-16-2012, 02:02 PM
Fork Horn

Helps if you study the Heller case to understand what the 2nd Amendment covers:

http://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/07pdf/07-290.pdf

It covers all handguns. It briefly alludes to shotguns, implying that they are covered, although stating that sawed off shotguns are specifically not covered.

It says nothing about any rifles, although it alludes to the issue under shotguns of what kind of weapons a militiaman might be expected to bring with him, incorrectly inferring that a sawed off shotgun would not be practical, which we know from the Viet Nam war is incorrect, which taught us that sawed off shotguns are better than 45ACP's.

At any rate there have been no interpretive rulings by the USSC regarding automatic or semiautomatic combat guns. You can check all the other USSC rulings here:

http://www.constitution.org/2ll/bard...eme_cases.html

These are all facts.

You need to know this, if you want to sound smart, around gun enthusiasts. That' a lot of reading. If you can read, you should start soon, and work your way through the list.

Ergo there is no constitutional law yet on combat type guns.

Last edited by Shoobee; 11-16-2012 at 02:04 PM.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:06 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Catus Magnus View Post
gezzzzz
that got set into motion by the 1934 firearms act, and furthered by 1968 Gun Control Act, abetted by GB banning imported 'assault weapons', Clinton banning Chinese ammo & 'assault weapons' he didn't like... all did more gun-grabbin' than Obama. I think Obama learned a lesson from Clinton's gun-grabbin' efforts, which lost him the house in 1994, and the Dems the presidency in 2000... the lesson being, don't start to gun-grabbin' unless you want to go to war with huge, committed chunk of the electorate. At lease among white guys. In connection to that... take a chick shooting, invite a black guy to to hunting. We need more of both.

That's not to say Obama doesn't want to indulge in gun-grabbin' - he's a Chicago Dem - but he hasn't. You can hate him because he's black, or you think he's a Muslim, or you think he might go gun-grabbin'... but don't say he's actually done it.

I thought about taking my SKS hunting... sold it and got a Savage in .270 - much better. I did shoot a nice 7pt with a Mosin a few years ago... used that 203gr Wolf softpoint stuff. DRT.

that was Clinton. Russians wised up and start selling that stuff with sorta/semi hollowpoints. Still cheap, until last few years (and that price spike had nothing to do with anything Obama actually did).

what challenge is this, exactly?
I don't need to prove anything to you, Sparky... but I might do it anyways.
These wingnuts hate Obama for all sorts of reasons, mostly because he is a better man than their oil drilling tax cuts for the rich Romney.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:07 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Catus Magnus View Post
That occurred to me, too... DerSchlickmeister did just that. I remember him saying he needed gun owners' help - he was trying to drive wedge between hunters and gun-nuts.

Bill Clinton did waaaaay more gun-grabbin' than Obama, who hasn't done any I'm aware of. If I've missed it, I'm sure some Real Hunter will set me straight...
Clinton and Romney both did a whole lot more gun grabbing than Obama has so far. Obama has not done any so far.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:08 PM
TRC
Spike

...Deleted by CalHunter...

Tom

Last edited by CalHunter; 11-16-2012 at 08:06 PM.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:12 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by streetglideok View Post
Pretty much it. I think some of it I think is because we have alot of people who get dirty for a living, like me, but their job is unionized, not like me,lol. The union bosses have it hammered into their head, the republicans are anti-union, and out to sink them etc. They fail to mention how much of their union dues are spent on gun control lobbying. They fail to mention, that, without union turmoil, the union bosses would be out of a job. If the union members woke up, and realized, pro-business is pro-union in the long run, they would boot those bosses out the door.
The Repub party only really cares about two things:

1 - more tax cuts for the rich

2 - more oil drilling everywhere.

The rich are rich enough and since Reagan they have gotten richer. They sure don't need more tax cuts for the rich. They need to start paying their fair share.

The oil is eventually going to run out. The rich don't care about that. They just want to make more money off it now while they can.

To cloak these two priorities, the Repub party deludes their partisans with a bunch of other frivilous issues:

- anti-immigration

- anti-abortion

- pro-public prayer

- anti-regulation

These are all wingnut issues that dupe their wingnuts who do not make over $250K/yr to vote with them. it's an amazing circus.

Anti-immigration came back to bite them this time as a large number of Latino and Asian Americans came out to vote in droves energized.

And the other frivilous issues did not attract any new wingnuts to them.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:14 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by TRC View Post

Tom
There you go guys, you're racist. Just for good measure, the race baited adds in Rush Limbaugh.

Where do these guys come from?

Last edited by CalHunter; 11-16-2012 at 08:07 PM.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:16 PM
Fork Horn

Last edited by CalHunter; 11-16-2012 at 08:09 PM.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:17 PM
Fork Horn

Last edited by CalHunter; 11-16-2012 at 08:12 PM. Reason: Rule # 3--Insulting other members
Old 11-16-2012, 02:25 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

[quote] that got set into motion by the 1934 firearms act, [quote]

Whatever--different but similar. Either way, is there a point? Whether bho started it, or whether he simply greases the wheels, why not vote against either one? With a viable candidate, I might add.

That's not to say Obama doesn't want to indulge in gun-grabbin' - he's a Chicago Dem - but he hasn't.
Ignoring the facts doesn't change the facts, and I'll just keep posting them. HE APPOINTED TWO OF THE MOST LIBERAL SCOTUS JUSTICES EVER. HE WILL APPOINT AT LEAST ONE MORE. If you don't see that as a strike against the 2nd Amendment and hunting, you aren't looking.

You can hate him because he's black, or you think he's a Muslim, or you think he might go gun-grabbin'... but don't say he's actually done it.
Nice liberal spin job there. Imply that the real reason the hunting and gun industry was opposed to bho was race or supposed religion. Cheap shot, but not surprising.

HE HAS "ACTUALY DONE IT" WITH THE APPOINTMENTS OF KAGEN AND SOTOMAYOR.

I thought about taking my SKS hunting... sold it and got a Savage in .270 - much better.
So? That doesn't change anything.

that was Clinton.
It was a democrat, a POTUS, that pushed for and got a type of ammo banned...BASED ON NOTHING BUT HYPE. It can happen. It has happened.

what challenge is this, exactly?
Look it up. I've posted it several times. I think you know exactly, because you went back looking through my past posts trying to find something.

I don't need to prove anything to you, Sparky... but I might do it anyways.
Oh, you have proven PLENTY to me--more than enough. You won't take the challenge though. Don't have it in you, just like your fellow
"hunters" that didn't vote to support hunting and the 2nd Amendment don't have it in them. Thanks for playing all the same.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:25 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Shoobee View Post
I feel really sorry for the ultra lily whites who cannot see past Obama's skin. But since 45% of white men and 55% of white women voted *for* Obama this tells us not all are afflicted with the seed of hate we call bigotry.
Great another unfounded post calling everyone a racist. Well. When you can't win in the world of ideas, you need to sling the mud.

Last edited by Fieldmouse; 11-16-2012 at 02:40 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.