Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

13% ??

Old 08-16-2012, 10:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default 13% ??

doesn't that just piss off those paying 35% or hell anyone paying 13-35% income tax.

which btw I guess because he claims 13% we should just assume he's telling the truth.

either way that's absurd!

26million in 1 year for sitting around the pool livin off interest paying 13%...

not sure why his "rich" supporters who pay a higher tax rate than Mitt aren't angry they pay a higher rate!?
Old 08-17-2012, 02:52 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by salukipv1 View Post
doesn't that just piss off those paying 35% or hell anyone paying 13-35% income tax.

which btw I guess because he claims 13% we should just assume he's telling the truth.

26million in 1 year for sitting around the pool livin off interest paying 13%...

not sure why his "rich" supporters who pay a higher tax rate than Mitt aren't angry they pay a higher rate!?
Probably because most don't pay the 35% you are talking about. That interest is often taxed at capitols gains rate. I am sure Romney with all his money can afford to hire the best tax attorney to figure out how to keep his taxes lower.
Old 08-17-2012, 04:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

It doesn't piss me off... Better than lying like Obama does every time he opens his mouth. I think the only time he told the truth was when he said " You didn't make it on your own"!

No other president in history has had more of his records SEALED!
Old 08-17-2012, 04:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well, I haven't heard anyone say he didn't pay the taxes the laws obliged him to pay. So, that is an important point to start. He paid his "fair" taxes because he paid what the law required him to pay.

Was it John Kerry, a respected Democrat US senator, who used to dock his yacht somewhere odd to avoid paying his "fair" share of Massachusetts taxes? That is until the press embarrassed Kerry into moving the yacht back to Massachusetts and paying his taxes. I wonder where his yacht is docked today?

Taxes are set by law. Seems to me if the tax laws were bogus the Democrats might have fixed this when they had control of the US House, the US Senate, and the US Presidency from 2009 to 2011. I guess they don't see it as vitally important . . . maybe because as many of them benefit from the tax code as do Republicans.

Romney pays lower taxes likely because a lot of his income stems from capital investments. It is thought that income from capital investments ought to be taxed at a lower rate. If you Democrats don't like that, change the laws.

This is obviously a distraction. Weigh the taxes paid you think Romney SHOULD have paid on one side and the $500,000,000 the Obama administration pissed down the toilet on Solyndra and tell me which is bigger? Weigh the taxes you think SHOULD have been paid by Romney on one side and how much money the administration has pissed away bailing out GM/Chrysler and tell me which is bigger? Weigh the taxes you think SHOULD have been paid by Romney on one side and how much money the Obama administration's brain dead energy policies have cost the country and tell me which is bigger?

You know, it is pathetic when a president cannot run on his record. The Obama record is going to cost him the election, his demonization of Romney and his feeble attempts to wage class warfare notwithstanding.
Old 08-17-2012, 04:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Salukipv1: Did you pay supplemental US federal tax last year? I mean, did you sweeten the deal when you mailed in your check for taxes last year? Wouldn't it be possible to add an extra $100 onto your obligatory tax bill or an extra $1000 onto your obligatory tax bill? If you didn't do this, why didn't you? Let's take you out of the picture, to avoid the appearance of attacking you.

Who do you know who paid an extra, non-obligatory amount of money on their taxes last year? Who paid an extra $1000? Who paid an extra $10,000? Did Barack Obama? Did Nancy Pelosi? Did Wolf Blitzer? Did Michael Blomberg? Did Chris Matthews? I don't mean by mistake. No, I mean when their accountant said "Your tax bill is X," and these guys wrote the check out for say an extra 20%, a tip if you will?

I think that number is precious little. And anyone who didn't do this is a hypocrite to attack Romney NOT on the basis that he failed to pay the taxes he was obliged to pay but on the basis that Romney did not pay EXCESS taxes.
Old 08-17-2012, 05:07 AM
Dominant Buck

I don't pay 35% and I am not lucky enough to get in on that 13%. Does it make me mad that he only pays 13%......no not at all? I actually respect that. One thing to remember is that at 13% he probably pays more each year than 100 of the people like me. For the record I too get most of my living money from interest and paid the tax on the principle once already. Like Romney I use all legal means to keep my yearly tax as low as possible. My bet is most on here do the exact same thing.

Old 08-17-2012, 05:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

I worry about what obama is doing to this country....how he is destroying it and the freedoms he is trying to take from all of us and the wealth of this country he is destroying.....what Romney pays in taxes has no effect on me....and it must be legal because if it wasn't the IRS would be after him....
Old 08-17-2012, 05:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes, 13% of 20+ million is a hellofa lot more than I pay. I'm fine with that.
Old 08-17-2012, 06:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

since there is no actual tax rate of 13%.....I'd be willing to bet that Romney is talking about his "effective rate"....that would be the amount of tax that one pays compared to all of their reportable income......not counting deductions and exemptions (which, after subtracted would leave one with their "taxable income"). Good for him. He has obviously mentioned a percentage which may open him to attack from the jealous or hypocritical left, yet he did it without offering the padding of just stating his "actual tax rate" which would have to be at least 2 percentage points higher (15%).
Old 08-17-2012, 06:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Next January when Romney is sworn in, I hope he is as frugal with the U.S. treasury as he is with his own money.

C. Davis

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.