Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Are you sick of paying taxes? >

Are you sick of paying taxes?

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Are you sick of paying taxes?

Old 05-08-2012, 08:34 PM
Dominant Buck

http://www.hoover.org/publications/d.../article/67041
Old 05-08-2012, 08:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

But i love(big )gov& all its waste...
(shh i just say that so no one (including big brother gov) thinks im to anti goverment( i hear there keeping a( big) eye on us types these days.)
Old 05-09-2012, 03:02 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by CalHunter View Post
Do you have any data on this? Not saying you're wrong. Just curious to see how much they add to the cost.
Living close to Canada some people around here go up there to buy their prescription drugs. Same drug, same packaging but much cheaper. I have read that the low prices charged there are due to a Canadian board ( their version of the FDA ) which regulates what the upper limits of drugs can be. The fact that they have socialized medicine up there pushes their version to the FDA to keep costs low. Supply and demand plus competition results in many pharmacies having lower prices almost like a gas war. The high costs associated with research and development is paid for by the high prices charged in the US. The actual manufacturing costs of any drug/ pill are low so no matter what they charge Big Drug makes money. Many people around here claim they can save 50-80 percent on many popular drugs. I personally don’t go there to get my meds since I have a health plan with prescription benefits.

Last edited by Champlain Islander; 05-09-2012 at 03:05 AM.
Old 05-09-2012, 06:48 AM
Little Doe Peep

Cool

The tax code is used as a device to advance various programs instead of just bringing in tax revenue.

You can get tax credits for having kids, for adopting kids, for insulating your house, buying a "green" car, etc. Some of these credits reduce your tax bill, others are, apparently, refundable, which means you get cash back in your pocket even if you don't owe any tax.

Simplifying the tax code would reduce some of these abuses. Why should you get a tax credit for insulating your home or buying a "green" car, or having kids for that matter? None of that stuff is the business of government.
Old 05-09-2012, 07:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

[QUOTE][Why should you get a tax credit for insulating your home or buying a "green" car, or having kids for that matter? None of that stuff is the business of government/QUOTE] Right i agree why the bribes monatary rewards etc for all that or marriage etc also- someone want to do these things they can on there own with there own moneys. Exactly none of the gov business.
Old 05-09-2012, 07:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

The tax code is used as a device to advance various programs instead of just bringing in tax revenue
Right as was mentioned by someone here prevoously- planed parent hood etc also. Im not for killing babies with my $( or gov funded( including raceism/racist gender bias programs& laws)- non of there- not there business). Those that want to can use there own money or those pro choice, liberals etc who want to fund it can use there funds to start a private collection to do so.

Last edited by Knightia; 05-09-2012 at 07:59 AM.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:03 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Im not for killing babies with my $( or gov funded( including raceism/racist gender bias programs& laws)- non of there- not there business).
Come on now--you are just being greedy and un-Christian. The Bible says so...or at least that's what we are supposed to believe....
Old 05-09-2012, 08:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Im not for killing babies with my $( or gov funded( including raceism/racist gender bias programs& laws)- non of there- not there business). Come on now--you are just being greedy and un-Christian. The Bible says so...or at least that's what we are supposed to believe....
I could see some ppl saying, i say those things because of my relgious beliefs-but they would be wrong imo .I can see where it might be for some. Of all of what some ppl do say we are suppose to believe- i can think of much wrse ones then Christian beliefs( so maybe i been influecened some inmy life is all?.But i am unChristian like ..( who knows maybe someday i willknow how to love my enemys etc & understand these things more)

( Or put another way i guess- I dont know Jesus is god( but im not a athiest either) I dont claim or pretend to be a christian.

Last edited by Knightia; 05-09-2012 at 08:52 AM.