Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Georgia judge to hear arguments on Obama’s eligibility in presidential election >

Georgia judge to hear arguments on Obama’s eligibility in presidential election

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Georgia judge to hear arguments on Obama’s eligibility in presidential election

Old 01-05-2012, 07:40 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Georgia judge to hear arguments on Obama’s eligibility in presidential election

http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/2012/...arguments.html

Deputy Chief Judge Michael Malihi in the Office of State Administrative Hearings denied a motion by Obama asking to dismiss the complaint that seeks to keep his name off the state ballot during the March presidential primary. The judge’s decision now sets the stage for a Jan. 26 hearing on the issue in Fulton County.
Obama is not required to attend the hearing, a court official said.
Initially filed in November by Taitz on behalf of a Georgia resident, the complaint argues that Obama isn’t a natural born citizen and is ineligible from being president.
“He does not satisfy the ‘natural born citizen’ constitutional requirement for President to be on the ballot due to his foreign citizenship and allegiance to three other nations,” the documents state.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

He didn't win Georgia in 2008 anyway, no loss.

I'd cut their federal highway funding.

He's more natural U.S. Citizen than John McCain.

Btw where's John McCain and Palin? both of them should join the race...

It'll probably be Romney vs Obama, btw how much do you have in common with a Mormon worth over 300-400 million dollars? Probably more in common with Obama a christian worth less than 20 million probably.
Old 01-06-2012, 12:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by salukipv1 View Post
He didn't win Georgia in 2008 anyway, no loss.

I'd cut their federal highway funding.

He's more natural U.S. Citizen than John McCain.

Btw where's John McCain and Palin? both of them should join the race...

It'll probably be Romney vs Obama, btw how much do you have in common with a Mormon worth over 300-400 million dollars? Probably more in common with Obama a christian worth less than 20 million probably.
fact is, stupid, that a 19th century Supreme Court decision defines 'natural born citizen' as a person born in this country to a mother and father who are BOTH citizens. Obama SENIOR was not a U.S. citizen, hence the challenge to Junior's eligibility. Arizona is next, once Joe Arpaio makes HIS pronouncement. THere are a NUMBER of states lining up to get that bag-o-crap off the ballot...now...HOW MANY electoral votes must he lose ? HAHAHAHAAHAH....send him back to Kenya or Borneo or wherever the hell the rock was that he crawled out from under.... It's about time that patriots took the 'victory by any means' MO from the demokrats...it's about time....HAHAHAHHAAH
Old 01-06-2012, 12:39 PM
Fork Horn

The crazies are still going on about this?

Can't they go create some jobs or something?
Old 01-06-2012, 12:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by DylanT View Post
The crazies are still going on about this?

Can't they go create some jobs or something?

Well, they WILL create jobs, but first, they need to remove what is being perceived as an usurper. This will go to the courts in the state of Georgia, so it's really not so crazy. Someone found a 'precedent' whereby a SCOTUS decision defined what a 'natural born citizen' is, and Mr.Crap-in-a-suit does not fit the definition. This is going to be very interesting if Obama's found ineligible to be on the ballot. THere are other states lining up to press the advantage if Georgia invalidates Barry's candidacy. This case may be bigger than you think.....the amerikan people may be forced to chooose between Mitt Romney and Hillary Clinton if ol' bouncin' barack is sent packing....
Old 01-06-2012, 05:50 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by salukipv1 View Post
I would have to disagree with you on this.
Old 01-06-2012, 08:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Might as well elect tom cruise a scientologist if you're going to vote for Mormon Mitt Romney.

I'll take Christian Obama over cult member Romney, and creator of obamacare (romneycare)

can't wait for the debates when Obama says "well we took your idea Mitt" haha.

does romney stand for anything? that guy will chance stances on anything and everything. let's elect a man who doesn't stand for anything, great idea republicons.
Old 01-07-2012, 07:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Okay, I got dragged into this by my charming and beautiful spouse so I read the case the birthers are citing.

But I wouldn't get excited about the possibility of Barack Obama being declared to be ineligible to serve as president.

Here is what I believe is the relevant excerpt from the case.

"The Constitution does not in words say who shall be natural-born citizens. Resort must be had elsewhere to ascertain that. At common law, with the nomenclature of which the framers of the Constitution were familiar, it was never doubted that all children born in a country of parents who were its citizens became themselves, upon their birth, citizens also. These were natives or natural-born citizens, as distinguished from aliens or foreigners. Some authorities go further and include as citizens children born within the jurisdiction without reference to the citizenship of their
Page 88 U. S. 168
parents. As to this class there have been doubts, but never as to the first. For the purposes of this case, it is not necessary to solve these doubts."

(The issue in this case was a women claiming a right to vote under the Constitution not whether she was a citizen, natural born or otherwise.)

Note in the bolded excerpt that the question of "natural born" is not addressed, merely whether children born in the United States are citizens. Recent questions regarding the problems created by "anchor babies" resolves the question as to whether children born in this country of non-citizen parents are citizens themselves. They are.

Of course this still doesn't resolve the question of whether "anchor babies" would be considered natural born citizens eligible to serve as president. Barach Obama could be the test case that decides that they are.

Note though, that the Constitution declares as eligible "natural born" and those who were citizens as of the adoption of the Constitution. Note that there is no mention made of children who were born of parents who were British sujects until the ratification of the Constitution made them citizens. It can safely be assumed that they were presumed to be natural born.

So might the Supreme Court rule that Obama is not natural born and therefore ineligible to serve as presdent? No, absolutely not.

Why not?

In the first case, common sense tells us that someone in this country is natural born regardless of the citizenship of his parents. Note my reference above to those who were born here of parents who were British subjects until the ratification made them citizens. It would border on the absurd to decide that "anchor babies" are citizens because they were born here, but not "natural born" citizens.

Second, and even more significant, if Obama were ruled ineligible to be president, it would mean that he never was president. The result would be complete chaos. It would mean that none of his official acts ever took place. Any law he signed would be invalid. Any military order he gave would be invalid. Any appointment he made would be invalid and the acts by those people would likely be invalid.

The Supreme Court, if it should get that far is not going to create that kind of chaos.
Old 01-07-2012, 08:24 AM
Boone & Crockett

[quote=salukipv1;3898658]I'll take Christian Obama over cult member Romney, and creator of obamacare (romneycare)

quote]

Now that' funny I don't care who you are.... What makes him a Christian, being a member of Rev. Wrights First of Church of the Fundamental Racist?...He's a freaking Muslim and everyone knows it.
No Christian in his right mind would EVER be a member of Wrights church!

And BTW Tom is about as Liberal as you are!

Last edited by The Rev; 01-07-2012 at 08:26 AM.
Old 01-07-2012, 09:42 AM
Boone & Crockett

So might the Supreme Court rule that Obama is not natural born and therefore ineligible to serve as presdent? No, absolutely not.

Why not?
If they were to actually do their job they would. Every supreme court cases since the founding of this country has held that "natural born" is defined as ......... born in this country of parents (plural) who are themselves citizens of this country. The fact is that Barrack Obama was not.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.