Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
mom kills intruder hours after her husbands funeral. >

mom kills intruder hours after her husbands funeral.

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

mom kills intruder hours after her husbands funeral.

Old 01-09-2012, 12:43 PM
Dominant Buck

Yeah..I've mellowed out alot in these last few years,,,BUT to protect my wife and kids..don't even try me...OR if I seen a helpless soul getting severely beatin..I'll step in in a heartbeat..I'll use whatever force is necessary..no more or no less..I hate bullies
Old 01-09-2012, 12:45 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

The Judge wasn't designed for petite hands, no doubt. I forget to consider that sometimes--I've got fairly big paws (wedding band is a size 15). Anyhow, the point was that even the comparitively diminutive .410 will turn brains and/or organs into scrambled eggs at close range. The Judge is just one of many different ways to deliver the shot.
Old 01-09-2012, 12:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by LBR View Post
You don't shoot shotguns, do you? At close range like that (he broke into the bedroom where she was hiding), #6, even #8 birdshot will make a mess of internal organs...
I've never used bird shot at 5yds...

or shot a man in my home with birdshot either.

Shot a turkey at 6-10yds in the head with 3" 12ga #6's and the head was fine... dead bird...
Old 01-09-2012, 12:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nothing says "Get out of my house" like a gun.
Sh17....nothing says "get out of my house" like the racking sound of a 12 gauge pump. A .45 ain't bad but a shotgun? You would have to be suicidal to go up against one of those.
Old 01-09-2012, 12:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by The Rev View Post
Back in the day when I first got home from Viet Nam I refused to own any fire arms, I thought it would be a whole lot more fun to beat to death an intruder with a baseball bat... But I'm more refined now, and I'll just shoot them like everyone else, but only if they break in my home, or try to car jack me, or pull a knife or gun on me... if they want to steel my vehicle when I'm not in it,, go for it, that's why I carry insurance.
haha, you sound exactly like my father, I asked him one day what would you do if someone broke in here? vs. get some buckshot... for the 12ga etc... "i'd beat the f*@k out of them!" haha.

good to know you put the bat down rev.
Old 01-09-2012, 01:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

as we age, we mellow. We also ossify. I remember back in my bodybuilding days I used to bounce in the Italian dance halls in Bensonhurst Brooklyn. I never had a hankerin' to bat someone out...my choice would have been a dumbbell bar with the clamp at one end...but that was then and this is now. I still have some meaty paws
(pinky ring at size 13...hey ! I'm Italian from Brooklyn ! Gotta have a pinky ring !) and when I grab someone they're goin' nowhere but at 55 and getting progressively more arthritic, I can close my fist around the butt-end of a .45 very nicely. I'm not fool enough to mix it up with a kid half my age and twice as fit as I am...scare him if you can, pistol whip him if he closes with you, shoot him if you must, and it'd be HIS fault, not mine. Youth is wasted on the young...
Old 01-09-2012, 01:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by bergall View Post
as we age, we mellow. We also ossify. I remember back in my bodybuilding days I used to bounce in the Italian dance halls in Bensonhurst Brooklyn. I never had a hankerin' to bat someone out...my choice would have been a dumbbell bar with the clamp at one end...but that was then and this is now. I still have some meaty paws
(pinky ring at size 13...hey ! I'm Italian from Brooklyn ! Gotta have a pinky ring !) and when I grab someone they're goin' nowhere but at 55 and getting progressively more arthritic, I can close my fist around the butt-end of a .45 very nicely. I'm not fool enough to mix it up with a kid half my age and twice as fit as I am...scare him if you can, pistol whip him if he closes with you, shoot him if you must, and it'd be HIS fault, not mine. Youth is wasted on the young...
Them some big ole mitts you have there.
That's a pretty big pinky, I thought I was doing good with a size 13 wedding band... I'm just a whimp ...
Old 01-09-2012, 02:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Youth is wasted on the young...
You got that right. My mom who was in her 50s at the time used to say if you could put her brain with all of its collected wisdom on the body of a teenager she would be unstoppable.

I think she was correct.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:18 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Dang skippy--that's what drives me nuts about kids--they think they know it all because they can navigate an I-Phone........

Pinky ring?????? Ok, you get an "ethnic pass"...but just this once......I had an uncle who wore a pinky ring (he passed just a month or so ago). He wasn't Italian, but he could have easily passed...think it was the Indian blood in our veins...

I was hired as a bouncer for the "Velvet Hammer" once, many years ago. I didn't have the temperment for the job, and I've never liked packed rooms...

Man, do I ever understand the arthritus and getting older! I'm only 42 (43 next month)...like the saying goes, if I'd known I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself! One of my buds used to try to get me to bet him on whether or not I would live to see 40 (he said I'd never make it). I never took the bet, because for a long time I thought he might be right...I made it, but only by the Grace of God.....the Grim Reaper missed several good opportunities......

I've still got a few good miles left in me though. Like Toby Keith said, "I ain't as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was". Still, I'm not as quick to jump on a horse (or my mule) as I used to be...getting thrown used to make me more determined, now it just hurts.......don't bounce like I used to, and those old injuries are catching up to me just like my daddy told me they would...man, I wish I could make my son understand somehow......
Old 01-10-2012, 08:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

man, I wish I could make my son understand somehow......
Sometimes life has to beat the [email protected] out of us to get our attention.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.