Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
mom kills intruder hours after her husbands funeral. >

mom kills intruder hours after her husbands funeral.

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

mom kills intruder hours after her husbands funeral.

Old 01-07-2012, 06:08 AM
Boone & Crockett

Based on my experience shooting clays, a 20ga. would work almost as well. It certainly would do the job.
A .410 would have done as well. She shot the perp in the head.
Old 01-07-2012, 06:37 AM
Little Doe Peep

Smile

Whoa, shot him in the head.

Honorable Husband says the felony murder rule applies here in Michigan too, but not if the person who got killed was your partner.
Old 01-07-2012, 06:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

Honorable Husband says the felony murder rule applies here in Michigan too, but not if the person who got killed was your partner.
The felony murder law has stood the test of time in OK. There are quite a few perps serving sentences for murder who never pulled the trigger, so to speak.

You might remember the case of the OK pharmacist who was found guilty of first degree murder after he killed a teenager who tried to rob his store. The other teen who came into the store plead guilty to first degree murder: He will be out in a few years because hes a minor.

Two adults with long rap sheets masterminded that botched robbery attempt. Both were found guilty of murder and got life in prison.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/artic...0_OLHMIY623360
Old 01-07-2012, 07:00 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

And for the idiot who don't understand the destructive power of a 12-ga shotgun,
he should be told that a 12-ga shotgun is unsurpassed as an anti-personnel weapon in close quarters
Yep...and as noted, even a .410 would have done the trick just fine. The Taurus "Judge" gets great reviews as a close range self-defense weapon when loaded with .410's.
Old 01-07-2012, 08:02 AM
Little Doe Peep

Smile

Originally Posted by falcon View Post
The felony murder law has stood the test of time in OK. There are quite a few perps serving sentences for murder who never pulled the trigger, so to speak.

You might remember the case of the OK pharmacist who was found guilty of first degree murder after he killed a teenager who tried to rob his store. The other teen who came into the store plead guilty to first degree murder: He will be out in a few years because hes a minor.

Two adults with long rap sheets masterminded that botched robbery attempt. Both were found guilty of murder and got life in prison.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/artic...0_OLHMIY623360
It depends on the state. In some states, it's felony murder if anyone is killed even if the person charged only drove the getaway car. In others, like Michigan, it doesn't apply if the person killed is a partner in the crime. Laws can differ significantly from state to state. In a state like Oklahoma for example, if you and your partner are robbing a convenience store and the clerk shoots your partner to death, YOU can be charged with felony murder just like in the case we've been discussing.

Just wanted to clear that up in case there was a misunderstanding.
Old 01-09-2012, 02:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by LBR View Post
Yep...and as noted, even a .410 would have done the trick just fine. The Taurus "Judge" gets great reviews as a close range self-defense weapon when loaded with .410's.
A few months ago, I had cause to consider buying a Taurus Judge. Ever handled one ? For me it was like a frikkin window-sash. Did not like it 1 bit. I will not, however, dispute it's potential as a self-defense arm; I just can't see a woman 1-handing that chunker over a 12 or a 20 or a .410 with two hands.

Last edited by bergall; 01-09-2012 at 02:22 AM.
Old 01-09-2012, 02:29 AM
Little Doe Peep

Smile

I don't know about a Taurus Judge, but my Ladysmith feels pretty good even in my little paws.
Old 01-09-2012, 02:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by sachiko View Post
I don't know about a Taurus Judge, but my Ladysmith feels pretty good even in my little paws.

And it is for people like you for which the good folks at Smith and Wesson produced the Ladysmith line of personal defense handguns.
Yer honor I rest my case !
Old 01-09-2012, 12:07 PM
Dominant Buck

WOW!!!! not happy for the dead man { don't like judging anyone} but happy for the lady to be able to defend herself..That part is wonderful..We can do that in FL as well..as far as the dead man..I don't rejoice as his eternal terror had just begun..I hate to imagine what would have happened to that women with those 2 men...

LAst week I watched a video clip on TV at my son's house.IT was the show WHAT WOULD YOU Do..a huge mean tough black man came into a pizza joint at 2:00 AM and beat a nerd white boy unconscious...The crowd in fear of this black man's size just ignored it. I told my son that I would have pulled out my 38 and ordered him out of the place..if he didn't comply I would have killed him.My son said I would have gone to prison.I checked out the FL rules for us concealed weapons holders..and in FL..you can shoot to protect yourself or another from serious bodily injury..That is a fact. make sure it's not in his back..If he's leaving you can't shoot.This was one giant of a demon possessed man..he got 4 1/2 years prison by the way and his wife 3 1/2 years for starting the mess .

Last edited by Chuck7; 01-09-2012 at 12:11 PM.
Old 01-09-2012, 12:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

Back in the day when I first got home from Viet Nam I refused to own any fire arms, I thought it would be a whole lot more fun to beat to death an intruder with a baseball bat... But I'm more refined now, and I'll just shoot them like everyone else, but only if they break in my home, or try to car jack me, or pull a knife or gun on me... if they want to steel my vehicle when I'm not in it,, go for it, that's why I carry insurance.

Last edited by The Rev; 01-09-2012 at 12:34 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.