Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Re-legalizing sound/honest money and ending the Fed. >

Re-legalizing sound/honest money and ending the Fed.

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Re-legalizing sound/honest money and ending the Fed.

Old 12-26-2011, 09:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Re-legalizing sound/honest money and ending the Fed.

A brief history of money in the US.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PL...ayer_embedded#!

The federal reserve.
It's 41 minutes long but watch it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLYL_...ayer_embedded#!
Old 12-28-2011, 08:00 PM
NEK
Fork Horn

Unhappy

We have needed to get back on a gold standard for a lot of years - and the congress needs to go back to controlling the money supply as was set forth in the constitution, and do away with the private banks controlling our economy- I firmly believe that when Roosevelt ended the gold standard and called in all the gold it was the beginning of the end for this country.
It will probably never be done - because in order to do it, the dollar would have to be devalued severely maybe one for five, or even more at this point, and I seriously doubt if anyone in politics today has the courage to make a decision like that. With the possible exception of Ron Paul and I'm not real sure about him.
Old 12-28-2011, 08:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless.The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."

Thomas Jefferson knew what would happen. Unfortunately we didn't heed his warning. Now the entire worlds economy is in the tank and a big part of it is that once prosperous countries centralized and nationalized their bank and began issuing "notes" and printing them out of thin air.
Old 12-28-2011, 08:52 PM
Dominant Buck

Sorry, the gold standard means nothing. It's just a commodity. I wish the drive by boy was here today. He was the one who said, cash in your 401ks and buy gold. Mean while, gold needed to hit 3200 before you made a dime.

There isn't enough gold in the world to float an economy. Our. Problem isn't gold, it's welfare.
Old 12-29-2011, 06:25 AM
NEK
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by bigbulls View Post
"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless.The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."

Thomas Jefferson knew what would happen. Unfortunately we didn't heed his warning. Now the entire worlds economy is in the tank and a big part of it is that once prosperous countries centralized and nationalized their bank and began issuing "notes" and printing them out of thin air.
Agree with you 1000%. Beware - any time a bank offers to do you a favor. What is happening to our economy now - was predicted over thirty years ago by a group of economists and Alaskan gold miners that I used to have coffee with in Fairbanks, when they got back from attending IMF meetings all over the world. These were some of the most economically savvy individuals I have ever had the pleasure of listening to. They were all students of the US Constitution and economics as well.