Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Question about Ron Paul >

Question about Ron Paul

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Question about Ron Paul

Old 12-23-2011, 06:00 AM
Little Doe Peep

Cool

I don't like Ron Paul's view or foreign policy. But he is also, basically, a libertarian. And I cannot express how opposed I am to libertarianism.

May The Sheep Be With You
Old 12-23-2011, 07:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by tight360 View Post
He has the "If we stick our head in the sand, our enemies will just go away". I think the guy has lost it. Disregard the source, it's the first one to come up that had the entire exchange.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/ron-paul-...-over-a-drone/
Exactly, he scares me to death! I also believe he's just a few arrows short of a full quiver...
Old 12-23-2011, 07:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

I agree... I've watched Ron Paul on TV and read about him.

Only some of his talking points make a little sense. But a good majority of it, makes him appear to be TOTALLY NUTS!!!
Old 12-23-2011, 11:02 AM
Dominant Buck

He has some good ideas but is more Libertarian than GOP. Time for him to get out of the way and stop clouding the vote. Same with Bachman.
Old 12-23-2011, 01:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

and if he wins in Iowa? where's that leave the GOP/Romney/Newt??
Old 12-23-2011, 02:21 PM
Dominant Buck

I don't see that happening but it is a good question. Hard to believe Paul could win in a GOP primary/ caucus in Iowa. I think that one is important but the New Hampshire Primary will define who is going to move up. Reports are that Gingrich hasnít spent much time or effort there and his organization is lacking in that state. His numbers will go down if that is so.
Old 12-23-2011, 02:25 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by salukipv1 View Post
Who cares? It's meaningless.

It's funny how not a single vote has been taken and yet so many want it down to one candidate. Heck the vote is even earlier than ever. On top of that, the left wing media is really behind all this split the vote crap. It's to their advantage to write all these stupid stories and report as if their is some kind of doubt and uncertainly out there. It's called a primary for a reason.

Remember, Jimmy Carter was ahead of Reagan in September before the election. sal, you need to worry where are all the Obama stickers. It's rare if you see one anymore from 08. Forget trying to see one saying 12. You should be very worried right now.
Old 12-23-2011, 02:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by salukipv1 View Post
Nothing will change, and he's not going to win Iowa! You're just dreaming and hoping to trip up the GOP,,,Obama is his helping the GOP just by opening his mouth.
Old 12-23-2011, 02:26 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander View Post
I don't see that happening but it is a good question. Hard to believe Paul could win in a GOP primary/ caucus in Iowa. I think that one is important but the New Hampshire Primary will define who is going to move up. Reports are that Gingrich hasnít spent much time or effort there and his organization is lacking in that state. His numbers will go down if that is so.
FYI, Iowa and New Hampshire don't have the track record of South Carolina when it comes to predicting the GOP nominee. Both of them are more for weeding out than picking a winner.
Old 12-23-2011, 07:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

I agree with this. I think we should let Israel make their own decision as they are Iran's # 1 nuclear target. Since the US is probably target # 2, I do think the US should be more involved than just hoping Israel is going to take care of it.
I seriously doubt that Ron is just going to sit on the sidelines and let Israel deal with Iran. He did back Israel when they attacked Iran. There is no doubt in my mind that he would back Israel again as POTUS with military force if it came to that. Does any one really believe Iran is going to fire a nuke at the USA?

He has the "If we stick our head in the sand, our enemies will just go away". I think the guy has lost it. Disregard the source, it's the first one to come up that had the entire exchange.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/ron-paul-...-over-a-drone/
I don't see it this way. I believe his MOE would be more like "If we quit ****ing with the world they just might quit ****ing with us. If they do want to **** with us then we will deal with them as quickly as possible so as not to allow party politics to kill American soldiers."

“Obviously, I would like to see a lot less nuclear weapons,” Paul countered. I don’t want Iran to have a nuclear weapon. I would like to reduce them because there would be less chance of war. But to declare war on 1.2 billion Muslims and say all Muslims are the same, this is dangerous talk. Yeah, there are some radicals. But they don’t come here to kill us because we’re free and prosperous. Do they go to Switzerland and Sweden? That is absurd.”

“They come here and explicitly explain it to us,” Paul continued. “The CIA has explained it to us. It said they come here and they want to do us harm because we are bombing them! What is the whole world about the drone being in Iran? And we’re begging and pleading and how are we going to start a war to get the drone back? Why were we flying a drone over Iran? Why do we have to bomb so many countries? Why are we — why do we have 900 bases in 130 countries and we’re totally bankrupt. How do you rebuild a military when we have no money? How are we going to take care of the people? I think this wild goal to have another war in the name of defense is the dangerous thing. the danger is really us overreacting. we need a strong national defense. and we need to only go to war with a declaration of war and carelessly flubbing it and starting these wars so often.”
What about this can you disagree with?

He's right when he says we don't mind our won damn business.

Reagan was able to diplomatically disarm Cuba with out ever firing a shot. Cuba was far more of a threat to the USA than Iran will ever be.

Why do Muslims (I'm not talking about the fringe radicals) want to kill us?

So Iran shoots down a drone that is flying over their country. Wouldn't we do the same? I would hope so. Do we go to war over a drone? Some would have us doing just that.

He is also right when he says that our military is far overextended and it costs this country trillions every year to maintain their operation and we are flat broke.

He is also right when he says that only congress should be declaring war after careful deliberation.

Paul doesn't recognize the threat posed by our Muslim enemies. He doesn't want the military deployed anywhere to fight them; he wants to close Gitmo; he wants to end the Patriot act etc.
He recognizes the threat but he also recognizes the fact that the rest of the world is sick and tired of us occupying their countries. I don't think that he is advocating every single base around the world just close up shop but he does want to reduce our world footprint and I agree with this. He is right when he says that we don't need hundreds of bases around the world.

AS far as the patriot act is concerned, it is one of the absolute worst pieces of legislation to be signed into law in modern history. There were more rights stripped from citizens in the patriot act than any piece of legislation prior to it. Every American citizen should be highly opposed to the Patriot act and every member of congress should be vowing to repeal it in its entirety.

I don't like Ron Paul's view or foreign policy. But he is also, basically, a libertarian. And I cannot express how opposed I am to libertarianism.
Care to elaborate or you just want to tell us you don't like him?

He has some good ideas but is more Libertarian than GOP. Time for him to get out of the way and stop clouding the vote. Same with Bachman.
What does the label matter, GOP or Libertarian? What matters is his voting record on the issues and if he will continue to stand on the same principles as POTUS. I don't give a rip what label he has behind his name. Newt, and Romney are nothing but wolves in sheep's clothing. More of the same **** that this country has been dealing with for the last hundred years. Their ilk have gotten us into more **** over the years.

Why don't we try something else as our POTUS? We all keep talking how we want some real change back to real constitutional values but we keep putting up the same ole candidates year after year after year. We keep doing the same thing time after time and keep expecting different results and we all get our panties in a wad when we get the same ole results of years past.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.