Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Do you have an I-phone or a Mac? >

Do you have an I-phone or a Mac?

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Old 09-21-2011, 06:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Do you have an I-phone or a Mac?

If you do did you know that Al Gore sits on the board of directors and was former VP of Apple? I did not know this until today. I read this article and immediately thought...... Son-of-a-Bitch... I'm gonna have to burn my wife's I-phone 4 and I sure as hell won't be buying a Mac any time soon.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...09-21-17-07-28

Apple hasn't said when it will release the next version of the iPhone, but former Vice President and current Apple Inc. board member Al Gore believes "new iPhones" will be here in October.
Oh yeah, he says the new I-phone will be here in October.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:46 PM
Super Moderator

Is he going to invent these too?
Old 09-22-2011, 03:51 AM
Dominant Buck

Mine is just a plain old flip open non texting cell phone to be used in emergency and carried mostly during ice fishing season. I don't embrace all this technology. I was at a party last Sat night and one of the people there had one of those smart phones which was constantly going off with texts from others and alarms that someone added to his facebook page. Ridiculous if you ask me and I bet if he were a hunter he wouldn't get anything with all the alarms going off. Kind of rude too especially when around others who don't share the love of those things. My phone actually has been missing since my last ocean fishing trip in May. Now that I am gathering all my fishing stuff together I found it again with a dead battery. All charged up and ready to be lost again I guess.
Old 09-22-2011, 09:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

No.
Old 09-22-2011, 09:55 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Second the NO!

Do I use a cell phone - yes but is a basic rudimentary flip phone.

JW
Old 09-22-2011, 10:37 AM
Wub
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by CalHunter View Post
Is he going to invent these too?
Lol....

My umbilical--I mean my cell phone is a Droid 2. I had the I-Phone but the onerous stipulations put on the application developers, and the lack of access to system files caused me to ditch it and get the droid. It was a wise decision that I have been very happy with. Gore having his hand in the company makes a lot of sense when I consider the regulations involved in everything having to do with Apple.

Last edited by Wub; 09-22-2011 at 10:42 AM. Reason: Thought of something to say.
Old 09-22-2011, 11:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

No iPhone for me...I have a Motorola Milestone. I was thinking about going iPhone, but not now!!
Old 09-22-2011, 12:30 PM
Dominant Buck

Droid, all the way.
Old 09-22-2011, 12:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

my wife works for VZW so I'm on the discounted 'family plan' for employees. I would not want the iPhone anyway; any company that'd blow negotiations with VZW to go with ATT has got to have a screw loose, as far as it comes to communications and business sense. The Droid (the one I got) is a wonderful little hand-held computer....free apps...GPS....text....email....games.....internet browsing....oh and you can even make a phone call too ! I HATE this garbage ! All I want is a phone that works....
Old 09-22-2011, 01:02 PM
Boone & Crockett

i have a plain old Motorola cell phone. I receive text messages but never respond to them. If folks want to contact me they can call or send an e-mail. Faxes work too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.