Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Do you have an I-phone or a Mac? >

Do you have an I-phone or a Mac?

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Do you have an I-phone or a Mac?

Old 09-22-2011, 01:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by falcon View Post
i have a plain old Motorola cell phone. I receive text messages but never respond to them. If folks want to contact me they can call or send an e-mail. Faxes work too.
My brother has 3 daughters, the oldest of which was 17.
THey were over the house and all of 'em have those crappin'
smart phones. Tippy tapp tippy tapp tip tap tip tap....it'll drive you nuts ! THey sit at the dinner table and they bring their phones ! I told 'em they got 5 seconds to power-down and put 'em away or else they'll be fishin' em up out the bottom of the pool. It's amazing what the fear of God will do.....
Old 09-23-2011, 03:20 AM
Dominant Buck

Al Gore is like any other Democrat, loose lips. He's and idiot.

As far as apple. Bought my daughter a Mac Pro for school last year. It's awesome. Thinking of switching my wife's biz over to one. She's due for a new PC.

The I phone. I got my wife one with VZ. Its nice. I wanted one and was going to switch to VZ. For some archaic reasons, if the phone ran over 200, i needed approval from my SVP. The I phone was 229. Seriously, spending 29 required approval? So at&t had a 4g Droid for 199.

AWESOME phone by far. I use it for calls, texting, emails, GPS and now planning on leaving my PC behind because it can handle all my power point presentations. I.ve got a car docking station that turns the phone into a GPS as soon as it is docked. It not only charges but also works well for calling a texting while driving down the road. I just bought the multimedia docking station that allows me to display the phone on an HDTV, video monitor and video projector. It came with a keyboard, mouse and remote control. So now I can use the hotel tv to surf, answer emails and even watch Netflix while on the road. Very very powerful.

For you old farts who don't embrace this technology, why do you really need to? If you're retired and not day trading, why stay in contact? However, for us working stiffs, texting has become a great way to remain in contact with my customers and peers. Like voice mail in the past, conversations are kept short and to the point. Response times are faster than a phone call.
Old 09-23-2011, 11:10 AM
Super Moderator

Apparently this happened a while back.

http://news.cnet.com/2100-1042-993332.html
Old 09-23-2011, 01:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Fieldmouse View Post
For you old farts who don't embrace this technology, why do you really need to? If you're retired and not day trading, why stay in contact? .
hey, there sonny just because we are old doesn't mean we are dead. I got 4 computers going, Got my own web server. Going to set up a full media player next and complete security system.
I have taught myself. between that and garden, hunting I am in good shape, if not a wee bit overweight. Now days you can have Unix or Linux systems all free. With more software than Micomadness ever thought of. ,
But.....I don't have a cell phone. I would have to have a microscope to text