Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Post Irene politics? >

Post Irene politics?

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Post Irene politics?

Old 08-26-2011, 06:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Post Irene politics?

So. Hurricane Irene is going to cause damage on the East coast. Lots of cities there. These are generally blue states. Who gets to pay for the damages? The insurance companies and the uninsured property owners . . . or will the federal government be volunteered by Dems and Obama to salve the wounds of these people with generous servings out of the public coffers paid for by all of us?

My own view is that if your roof blows off, you get your insurance company to pay for it. If you don't have insurance, then you pay for it. Likewise for the cities. When the storm surge wreaks havoc with your sewer system and ruins some pumps and other infrastructure, that is your problem. You pay for it yourself or rely on your insurance company if you insured your infrastructure. When schools are flooded and damaged, it is the responsibility of the folks in charge of the school system to pay for that, not the US tax payer.

Predictions? Your thoughts?
Old 08-26-2011, 06:39 AM
Dominant Buck

The liberal left in charge will make sure that FEMA funding will take place and just be added to the growing debt. What is a few hundred billion more.
Old 08-26-2011, 06:43 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Seems they are getting more press before anything has even happened than the MS Gulf Coast got when the entire region was devistated...course that was when new orleans was getting all the attention over a levee bursting because crooked politicians had pocketed the money rather than fix it for decades......

I'm sure they will get some sort of "disaster relief", especially the idiots who built so close to the ocean that they can't walk out the front door at high tide without getting their feet wet. Kinda' like in CA where they build houses on the sides of mountains, then act all surprised with a mudslide takes it away....

I just can't figure out why insurance rates are so high...
Old 08-26-2011, 06:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

As far as I'm concerned, go ahead and build where you want, so long as you pay your insurance bill on your own. Or, if you choose not to pay for insurance, just don't come to me asking to make good your losses when you choose to "self-insure."
Old 08-26-2011, 09:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm afraid Obama is going to get every bit of mileage from this hurricane. It will be another something to blame his ineptness on, and it will be another reason to spend a lot of money we don't have.

He is so excited, he cut his vacation a day short.

C. Davis
Old 08-26-2011, 10:19 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Alsatian View Post
So. Hurricane Irene is going to cause damage on the East coast. Lots of cities there. These are generally blue states. Who gets to pay for the damages?
We all know FEMA is corrupt and is a cover my ass deal for states. usually southern states that don't do or plan for sxxx. The thing should have been scrapped a long time ago. The laughable part is the same politicians who cry too much government intervention are the same boobs who cry help me when something happens.
Old 08-26-2011, 10:43 AM
Boone & Crockett

The laughable part is the same politicians who cry too much government intervention are the same boobs who cry help me when something happens.
+1
Watch all those congressman who've made a career of complaining about "big gov't" demand federal aid for their state.

Federal taxpayers get shafted every time a natural disaster hits some part of the US. For decades the US gov't has been paying for beach houses damaged or destroyed by storms. Some of those properties have been paid for two or three times. The US gov't also pays for something they call "beach nourishment". Yep, they fight mother nature and rebuild the beaches after storms.
Old 08-26-2011, 04:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

LOL... From Maryland north to Santas workshop you could run a relay race with all the big government Dems out here on the Eastcoast. I expect the line to start right behind Chuck-e-Cheese Shumer, and end with the Rino Olympia Snowe.
Old 08-26-2011, 11:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

You guys are right...every one of you. I hate paying the bill for the uninsured, that's a fact. And you all know that because "the Megalopolis" is the power base of the democrat party, they're gonna skin each and every one of us to help pay the bills for those who can't recover from the weather.

The only proviso I have, is 'what about renters ?' Not being funny, never was a 'tenant'....if your 'apartment' is destroyed by the weather and your landlord is uninsured, how do these people recover ? Does 'renter's insurance' cover this sort of thing, to repair a property you don't own, due to an 'act of God' ?