Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Are we heading down that road!?!?!?!?!?! >

Are we heading down that road!?!?!?!?!?!

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Are we heading down that road!?!?!?!?!?!

Old 08-15-2011, 01:13 PM
Fork Horn

Default Are we heading down that road!?!?!?!?!?!

Seems to be a lot of talk going on and I want your opinions. Are we heading towards a 2nd Civil War here in America?
Old 08-15-2011, 01:39 PM
Dominant Buck

No, just an amicable split. The libs like sal and Phil can live in their cradle to grave society and we conservatives who don't need uncle Sam to tell us which toilets to buy and which light bulbs to install can live in ours.
Old 08-15-2011, 03:32 PM
Dominant Buck

No civil war. Our people in Washington can't be civil.
Old 08-15-2011, 04:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Heading? Always. Anytime soon? No. Nobody is pushed to the limit.
Old 08-15-2011, 04:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

No war, just time to send the Liberal packing!
Old 08-16-2011, 12:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

A few months (years ?) ago, a Russian socio-economist outlined the breakup of the United States. Others have explored the possibility as well....

http://www.thepropheticyears.com/com...ted_states.htm

I would move to the south or west...Texas looks quite nice.....
Old 08-16-2011, 02:11 AM
Banned

Not as long as most know what the pledge means. Only crapheads don't, and yep they are out there..... will start. I say take down hard at that time.
Old 08-16-2011, 06:13 AM
Little Doe Peep

Cool

Originally Posted by bergall View Post
A few months (years ?) ago, a Russian socio-economist outlined the breakup of the United States. Others have explored the possibility as well....

The error that nullifies his argument is contained in the very first sentence, to wit;

Break Up of the United States of America and Civil Upheavals - Imminent Danger #6
By Don Koenig 2008
Possible cause - The United States of America is really 50 sovereign states in a union and that union can dissolve just like the Soviet Union did. This article will give some possibilities how that break up can occur but there certainly could be other scenarios for this to happen.
The Civil War demonstrated that the states are not able to separate themselves from the Union. And they are more tightly linked to the national government than they were in the 1800s, through mutual defense, higways, financial lnks, etc.

And the various components of the Soviet Union were, for the most part, separate countries with their own languages and history. That is not the case here in the United States.

As far as I'm concerned, the civil disorders taking place in some cities, is getting worse, and will have to be brought under control. If the current authorities, bending to political correctness refuse to do so, I can see the military stepping in to impose order, even if it is contrary to the Constitution.
Old 08-16-2011, 06:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

In a word . . . no. I think the system is working. See the article linked below by Charles Krauthammer. Krauthammer makes a persuasive argument that the system is working. He points to Wisconsin as an example. There is much hue and cry and unseemly behavior and insults . . . but the people got it right and the government followed the will of the people as expressed through elections.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinio...c9I_story.html

Krauthammer makes the point that we are on a fulcrum point. Will we turn in the direction of European government-economy organization or will we turn away from that? This is really the point that we are at in our self-governmental path. This is NOT a minor point, it is not a small disagreement between otherwise agreeing viewpoints. Naturally, given the stakes, there is a lot of volume and noise and excitement.
Old 08-16-2011, 06:44 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by bergall View Post

I will stay where I am and fortify/ protect what I have.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.