Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
So, you wonder why health insurance is so expensive >

So, you wonder why health insurance is so expensive

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

So, you wonder why health insurance is so expensive

Old 08-05-2011, 03:07 AM
  #31  
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 264
Default

Originally Posted by Fieldmouse View Post
So to add more insult to this mess, it's been reported that the morning after pill is also included in this Obama mandate. I guess if that's true, we the tax payers are now on the hook for paying for abortion.
I guess we just have to kill off all the sluts.....old sluts of course.
Venator2 is offline  
Old 08-05-2011, 03:37 AM
  #32  
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 264
Default

You guys are aware we, old guys, have a premium taken out of SS.

You are aware of the dough-nut hole.

You are aware of co pays for Doctors and pills.

I private paid Insurance , risk sharing , my whole life
I paid SS tax my whole working life

What has changed? Big business, which helped and offered group insurance is shrinking.
My neighbor did two tours , lost his money when stock market crashed , ....after retirement.
now at 69 is still working to feed his wife and pay bulls for his wife with cancer. Do you think the government is paying all that

If you get sick and end up in a nursing home. All , or most of your accumulated wealth goes to government. The laws were constantly changing as people became aware and tried to protect wealth for kids.

You all should all look at my generation, who for the most part were productive, and instead of complaining because we no longer have farm families ,who took care of grampa and grandma
consider what will be the situation in the future.

Your future.
Venator2 is offline  
Old 08-05-2011, 04:01 AM
  #33  
Dominant Buck
Thread Starter
 
Fieldmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 37,717
Default

So in short, you trusted the government and lost. Why continue to force that on the generation that is coming after you?
Fieldmouse is offline  
Old 08-05-2011, 04:26 AM
  #34  
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 264
Default

[QUOTE=Fieldmouse;3830551]So in short, you trusted the government and lost. Why continue to force that on the generation that is coming after you?[/QU

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v...layer_embedded

My generation?

stick the old guys.. and screw your self


LOL

Last edited by Venator2; 08-05-2011 at 04:30 AM.
Venator2 is offline  
Old 08-05-2011, 04:49 AM
  #35  
Dominant Buck
Thread Starter
 
Fieldmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 37,717
Default

[QUOTE=Venator2;3830556]
Originally Posted by Fieldmouse View Post
So in short, you trusted the government and lost. Why continue to force that on the generation that is coming after you?[/QU

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v...layer_embedded

My generation?

stick the old guys.. and screw your self


LOL
What exactly does this video have to do with the subject at hand? Yes we know our government is out of control. That still doesn't change the fact Medicare and SS are also out of control. So what's your point?
Fieldmouse is offline  
Old 08-05-2011, 05:41 AM
  #36  
Boone & Crockett
 
ipscshooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The Republic of Texas
Posts: 11,750
Default

[quote=Venator2;3830556]
Originally Posted by Fieldmouse View Post
So in short, you trusted the government and lost. Why continue to force that on the generation that is coming after you?[/QU


My generation?

stick the old guys.. and screw your self

LOL
I'm curious as to who is "sticking the old guys"? I don't think any of the politicos have suggested reducing existing benefits. The Ryan plan proposed that anyone 55 and over would not see any change.

Here's the problem. Medicare and Social Security have ALWAYS been a giant Ponzi scheme. They worked great when the retirement age was 65, and the average life expectancy was only 62. When there were 17 workers paying in for every retiree who was taking out. When a trip to the Doctor's office for a headache meant "take two aspirin and call me in the morning." $50, plus $0.25 for aspirin...

Now, however, the retirement age is 66 1/2, but the average life expectancy is approaching 80. There are (or soon will be) only three workers paying in for every one retiree taking out. And, a trip to the Doctor's office for a headache results in a $500 tab for x-rays, a $1,000 tab for blood work, a $3,000 tab for an MRI, and a referral to three different specialists, each of whom charge $1,500 for a consultation.

The government is spending $3.6 Trillion per year, when it only takes in $2.4 Trillion. How long do you think a family could last if they paid out $36,000 per year, while making only $24,000?
ipscshooter is offline  
Old 08-05-2011, 08:37 AM
  #37  
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 264
Default

[QUOTE=ipscshooter;3830574]
Originally Posted by Venator2 View Post



Here's the problem. Medicare and Social Security have ALWAYS been a giant Ponzi scheme. They worked great when the retirement age was 65, and the average life expectancy was only 62. When there were 17 workers paying in for every retiree who was taking out. When a trip to the Doctor's office for a headache meant "take two aspirin and call me in the morning." $50, plus $0.25 for aspirin...


Let me say this ,as most expense is at end of life..

Firstly most are put in Nursing homes because junior or sissy doesn't want to take care of them.

The caretakers are usually ,at least in NY state, trained to get them off unemployment. Their abilities are suspect. Anyone who has ever had family members in a nursing home know that you have got to have eyes in your butt or they will not receive decent care.

When old people find out they are on their way home the first thing they want is hospice to save money., and get proper care.Their main worry is to have enough money so junior doesn't have to put them in the ground.

When I was going to put money in a trust for the offspring my wife went bananas as she pointed out all the people, we know who had kids, were left to fend for themselves.

As for a ponzi scheme . I was under the law forced to contribute. It is also my opinion SS was and is robbed to pay for social programs for idiots. primarily young idiots. Get rid of them and I would bet, even in these times, my generation would be well taken care of. Not like it is now when the government stops paying you are put out of the hospital.
My wife had cellulitus her leg was three times the correct size and black, yes black.Her specialist said she would be released the next day ,not because she should but because the government stopped paying.

You are not completely correctly about the ages for care, as unwritten, if your doctor retires, you have a problem even getting a primary care doctor. They won't take you.

I know I am jumping around but it is hot out and I just quit for the day.
How anybody ,of a clear mind can blame old people and call them names for being there is beyond the scope of anything I can conjure up.
Venator2 is offline  
Old 08-05-2011, 08:46 AM
  #38  
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 264
Default

[QUOTE=ipscshooter;3830574]
Originally Posted by Venator2 View Post

When a trip to the Doctor's office for a headache meant "take two aspirin and call me in the morning." $50, plus $0.25 for aspirin...

Now, however, the retirement age is 66 1/2, but the average life expectancy is approaching 80. There are (or soon will be) only three workers paying in for every one retiree taking out. And, a trip to the Doctor's office for a headache results in a $500 tab for x-rays, a $1,000 tab for blood work, a $3,000 tab for an MRI, and a referral to three different specialists, each of whom charge $1,500 for a consultation.

The government is spending $3.6 Trillion per year, when it only takes in $2.4 Trillion. How long do you think a family could last if they paid out $36,000 per year, while making only $24,000?
You are starting to get closer to the real problems now and things I pointed out in earlier threads.

Most have supplement insurance for pills and such. Only the needy and crapheads get the government assistance .
I have a pre existing condition,a fib, and I get a exam twice a year to check my batteries. I anti up $40 per visit.,that is with preferred care. I don't keep track of Medicare cost. But like I said I paid in for 40 +

a little late for edit but....back in good old days it cost us over $100 a hour to keep a $15 man...nothing new.One reason manufacturing has left.....oh 4% growth rightttt

Last edited by Venator2; 08-05-2011 at 09:11 AM.
Venator2 is offline  
Old 08-05-2011, 09:53 AM
  #39  
Dominant Buck
Thread Starter
 
Fieldmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 37,717
Default

a little late for edit but....back in good old days it cost us over $100 a hour to keep a $15 man...nothing new.One reason manufacturing has left.....oh 4% growth rightttt
I've posted that report of 4% growth since the 40s at least a half a dozen times on here. If I get around to it, I will do so again. Remember, we are the worlds largest exporter.

Now for nursing home and such. It's the families responsibility for that, not the government. I know my mom too this day still pays for her own nursing home insurance. It's available. She doesn't need it but it's called being prepared.
Fieldmouse is offline  
Old 08-05-2011, 10:14 AM
  #40  
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 264
Default

Originally Posted by Fieldmouse View Post
I've posted that report of 4% growth since the 40s at least a half a dozen times on here.

keep posting it and maybe someone will believe it..

Now for nursing home and such. It's the families responsibility for that, not the government. I know my mom too this day still pays for her own nursing home insurance. It's available. She doesn't need it but it's called being prepared.

Come on your talking about long term... Most that have it are in a really nice place until they need care and then they downgrade medical condition and all go to same place unless they are very very fortunate. The government then takes all your net worth accept maybe 60K house or such.. In fact I would suggest few have it or for sure by the time you are aware you have to have it you need a pile to be able to afford it.

You are in never never land.

If you don't fix manufacturing , oh yea 4% nothing will change it will just get worse. They are eating us up.. You will never sell that bill of goods to me.
Just the old political bouncing ball. gulp, someone just caught a mouse.
Venator2 is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.