Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Is it just me? >

Is it just me?

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Is it just me?

Old 07-20-2011, 07:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Is it just me?

Am I the only one that gets exhausted trying to keep up with all the unscrupulous goings on in Washington? I can't stand it... my blood pressure goes up, I get in pissy moods, etc... thinking about all of the bull ****. Sometimes I think I would be better off just getting rid of the TV and internet and not worry about anything any more. Just go hunting, fishing, hang out with friends and make sure I am ready for and wait for the first shots of impending civil war.

Seriously, am I alone in feeling like this?
It is truly exhausting listening to grown men and women try to rip apart this country.

Last edited by bigbulls; 07-20-2011 at 07:16 PM.
Old 07-20-2011, 09:15 PM
Super Moderator

Breathe grasshopper. Remember to breathe. Sometimes you need to take a break from all of the political BS and just unwind for your mental health or sanity.
Old 07-20-2011, 09:21 PM
Dominant Buck

That's what they want you to do. We need to stand up evening more than ever and fight for our future. I get all ticked off by these talk show folks who lack the facts. Seriously, what does our 1st amendment mean? Certainly not the press we have today.
Old 07-21-2011, 04:06 AM
Boone & Crockett

The political machinations and intrigue in DC is not worth losing one nights sleep over. That crap has been going on for decades and it will not change until voters throw every one of the slimeballs out of office.
Old 07-21-2011, 05:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

I know precisely how you feel. If you don't want to devote your life to political activism, all you can really do is vote. Do any of us really move others on these forums to evolve their political views? I have my doubts. These communities tend to be self-selecting. Most of this is preaching to the choir or preaching to those who aren't going to be persuaded, ever.

I sometimes think the news media plays up the issues excessively. "Oh my god! The sky is falling! The world is going to hell in a handbasket!" Well, this isn't the first time there has been trouble. Somehow people carry on. I think it is good to just turn the TV off for awhile and just let events carry on without you.

On the other hand. If you fear that our government and our national health are getting worse and worse, that could be the case. I just don't think it is a step function, it is more of a gradual decline. Sometimes I think this is indeed happening. Other times I think perhaps things weren't as perfect, as just, as less corrupt as we think. Is now the first time politicians have had their hands in the peoples's pockets? Is this the first time politicians have been caught with their pants down with someone other than their spouses? I think not. Formerly, however, the media did not report every sordid story that came up.
Old 07-21-2011, 06:11 AM
Boone & Crockett

What Alsatian said.

BTW: For many years the news media was well aware that FDR was cheating on his wife; they never reported on it. Ditto for the homosexual dalliances of J. Edgar Hoover.
Old 07-21-2011, 10:20 AM
Fork Horn

Don't be thinking revolution - thats a lost cause - No matter how bad things get - it could never be successful - mostly thanks to the UNITED NATIONS - who certainly will send "peace keeping" troops the USA to quash any uprising.

Vote out who??? The individuals make the system bad? Raise a hand, who is still that niave??

No the PARTIES are that corrupt (repubs and dems) and they ensure each new recruit (anyone new to public office) follows their policies or they too will wake up with public scandel and lose their office.

We live in rigged system - its rigged toward the dishonest because its so crooked - you MUST be dishonest to even understand it and its not new - its more than a century old and far, far older in practice at other countries and in other societies.

Our best hope is that things get so bad in this country that shanty towns grow on the outskirts of all major cities, entire outlying subdivisions of McMansions are occupied by crack addicts, and theives; that the less and not so less violent criminals are released (prematurely from prison) due to funding deficits and that crime is so rampant it simply dangerous to go fill up a tank of gas....if you can find any.

That just maybe a third party emerges and rises to power restoring our three party system and reinstating one of the best checks and balances needed within a republic.

That is our only hope and we're not talking 2020. We're talking between 2012 and 2014 it must begin to happen. We'll have no real (legitamate) third party choice for the 2012 election, and IF that remains true in 2016 - the USA may just go the way of the USSR...and vanish from the history books. Anyone remember the speed of the "demise" timeline for complete obliteration of the USSR? Well uhhh - things move allot quicker these days....
Old 07-21-2011, 02:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

the U.N. ? I don't think the U.N. troops stand a chance against some of those good old boys out in the back woods who been shootin' since they were kids...these are the original guerrilla warriors, dont forget. Plus, there's a LOT more weapons here than in anything the U.N. Peacekeepers will bring...and what are they without U.S. troops ? Do you think the USA will send troops to the U.N. to fight on our home soil ? Wrong tack there. Do I think armed rebellion is the way ? No I do not. I do not believe even our good ol' boys can stand against the might of the combined US armed forces sent to quell an uprising. That being said tho, there are states speaking about secession. Some joke about it and discredit the idea, but that battle would be fought at the ballot box and in the court room, not on the field of battle. The Constitution is the contract between a federal government and a confederation of states. Once the contract can be shown to be broken, I could see an argument being won for secession based on a broken contract. That would make things nice and legal. But it's all moot. The corruption cannot be rooted out unless they're all rooted out, rounded up and put on a ship and torpedoed.
The only thing that can be done....despite the fanciful depictions.....is for new people to be voted into office. This is a fight that CAN be won at the ballot box. THat's why the TEA PARTY is such a threat to republicans and democrats alike. Lucky for the republicans, the TEA PARTY decided to remain a faction inside the republican party. That's why they are able to direct the efforts of the party...because they have broad support of the electorate. Where wil the republican party be if the TEA PARTY splits and returns as a viable 3rd party ? NOWHERE ! The party of Abraham Lincoln would be no more. So they have to accommodate them....and good thing, too, because those folks are hell-bent on changing things and not becoming ensconced fixtures of Washington corruption. What I've seen of them is straight, incorruptible, faithful and truthful. It's very refreshing and I would register as a TEA PARTY member should they ever split. That is, of course, if the republican party does not return to it's core values and actually BE republicans rather than slimeball democrats in pinstripes....
Old 07-22-2011, 07:55 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by bergall View Post
the U.N. ? I don't think the U.N. troops stand a chance against some of those good old boys out in the back woods who been shootin' since they were kids...these are the original guerrilla warriors, dont forget. Plus, there's a LOT more weapons here than in anything the U.N. Peacekeepers will bring...and what are they without U.S. troops ? Do you think the USA will send troops to the U.N. to fight on our home soil ? Wrong tack there. Do I think armed rebellion is the way ? No I do not. I do not believe even our good ol' boys can stand against the might of the combined US armed forces sent to quell an uprising. That being said tho, there are states speaking about secession. Some joke about it and discredit the idea, but that battle would be fought at the ballot box and in the court room, not on the field of battle. The Constitution is the contract between a federal government and a confederation of states. Once the contract can be shown to be broken, I could see an argument being won for secession based on a broken contract. That would make things nice and legal. But it's all moot. The corruption cannot be rooted out unless they're all rooted out, rounded up and put on a ship and torpedoed.
The only thing that can be done....despite the fanciful depictions.....is for new people to be voted into office. This is a fight that CAN be won at the ballot box. THat's why the TEA PARTY is such a threat to republicans and democrats alike. Lucky for the republicans, the TEA PARTY decided to remain a faction inside the republican party. That's why they are able to direct the efforts of the party...because they have broad support of the electorate. Where wil the republican party be if the TEA PARTY splits and returns as a viable 3rd party ? NOWHERE ! The party of Abraham Lincoln would be no more. So they have to accommodate them....and good thing, too, because those folks are hell-bent on changing things and not becoming ensconced fixtures of Washington corruption. What I've seen of them is straight, incorruptible, faithful and truthful. It's very refreshing and I would register as a TEA PARTY member should they ever split. That is, of course, if the republican party does not return to it's core values and actually BE republicans rather than slimeball democrats in pinstripes....
UN "peacekeepers" have never lost a fight that I'm aware of...there is no end to their force size or world funding - Your back country boys will be starving - they won't have any fight left in them. How they gonna get water, food, bread?? Those things would not be available during a currency crash - transportation would stop - money not available - fuel, no bullets, supplies.

Tea Party?? GIVE ME A BREAK! They are more of the same government and same policies that have gotten us here.

YOU clearly do not understand the problem - you suggest the ballot box solves all - since when??? Name one president that has been good for democracy - that has followed the constitution since the 1900s (and survived the presidency). and I'll come back at you with facts, signed executive orders, etc that exactly defy the written word in the constitution.

I'm a bit embarrassed for you...Are you NOT watching and listening to Greece? Are not seeing the "callateral" they are being required to put up for their next bail out? Do you think it would be different in the USA?

The banks and investors are now dictating government policy. Their debt is only 200% GDP. Ours is around 575% GDP - but alas we have a central bank. NO PARTY can change that. No ballot box can reduce that debt - take 100% of all corporate wages and private incomes and you still can't cover it. WTF are you missing...

Or perhaps you've never spent a second doing your owne research - you are trusting the government - cool make that bet - its guys like me that will be buying guys like you assets for pennies on the dollar if it turns out I'm right.

If I'm wrong - that is the very best part - I still make lots more money in this secular bull market in commodities.

Either way - I'm prepared and you can trust your tea party - I'll trust the tea.
Old 07-22-2011, 08:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

That’s the reason I take time off during the year from any political news or even this forum; those idiots on the hill will drive a person crazy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.