Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Baltimore MD. bullet tax. >

Baltimore MD. bullet tax.

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Baltimore MD. bullet tax.

Old 07-19-2011, 08:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Baltimore MD. bullet tax.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/bull...evention-plan/

If you plan to go shooting in Baltimore, it might be a little more expensive come this September.

WBAL-TV is reporting that Baltimore mayoral candidate Otis Rolley has unveiled a new proposal to add a $1 bullet tax to each round sold within city limits. This would be part of Rolley’s multi-pronged strategy to reduce crime in Baltimore, which also includes better training and standards for the Baltimore Police Department, working with the media to raise awareness of suspects at large, and reducing the number of vacant properties in the city.

Rolley, a Democrat who previously served as Baltimore’s planning director, believes a bullet tax will specifically decrease random shootings around the city during holidays — and just generally up the price tag on gun related crimes.

“While the courts have consistently ruled against significant gun control legislation,” his plan states, “there is still a way to decrease crime: substantially increase the cost of its commission.”

It adds, “Increasing the cost of guns won’t work, because many criminals don’t purchase new guns, and they can be borrowed or even rented in some areas.”

Currently, 50 rounds of 9mm ammunition online looks to cost around $15.
Read the entire plan, here.
http://www.wbaltv.com/pdf/28596094/detail.html
Old 07-19-2011, 10:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Typical retarded liberal thinking...punish the law abiding.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hopefully, the criminal element of Baltimore will go to purchase its ammo outside Baltimore city limits, denying the idiot mayor his 'pound of flesh'
Old 07-20-2011, 05:14 AM
Fork Horn

I don't know - Why would the criminal element go out of the city? They won't pay the tax on the bullets they steal. All it will do is eliminate bullet sales within the city hurting local merchants. Hell people already drive out of their way for cigarettes. And just look at how the ridiculous taxation of cigarettes curbed their usage.

Wonder if it will coincide with catalog orders for bullets or is that already controlled?

Gotta real in the empire boys!
Old 07-20-2011, 05:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

Baltimore has been its death throes for decades. That mayoral candidate is a worthy successor to idiotic former mayors like Curt Schmoke.
Old 07-20-2011, 11:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Barto1 View Post
I don't know - Why would the criminal element go out of the city? They won't pay the tax on the bullets they steal. All it will do is eliminate bullet sales within the city hurting local merchants. Hell people already drive out of their way for cigarettes. And just look at how the ridiculous taxation of cigarettes curbed their usage.

Wonder if it will coincide with catalog orders for bullets or is that already controlled?

Gotta real in the empire boys!
catalog bullet orders are regulated already from point of sale. Some places will not mail order ammo or reloading components (powder or primers). Criminals won't be 'stealing' bullets from anyplace...they dont' need to. THey can buy them outside of Baltimore and they can buy as many as they want and they won't be paying that baboon of a mayor's tax on bullets which will only affect people in the city of Baltimore.

Maybe the ammunition manufacturers should charge an extra $50 per brick of 50 9mm's to municipal orders for the Baltimore P.D. ? After all, what's more civilized than quid pro quo ?
Old 07-20-2011, 12:04 PM
Typical Buck

Everyone will just drive outside of the city limits and buy ammo. I've seen things like this before. Not with ammo, but with fireworks and liquor.

if the distance is short enough, people will drive to save money. This plan will hurt the city the guy wants to "protect" with his stupidity.
Old 07-20-2011, 12:25 PM
Little Doe Peep

Cool

The man is mentally deficient. People will just buy their ammo out of town.

Certain kinds of fireworks are not legal here. People just drive to Indiana or Ohio to buy them.
Old 07-20-2011, 03:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yup, really using the gray matter with that bone headed move.
Old 07-21-2011, 10:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Sfury View Post
Everyone will just drive outside of the city limits and buy ammo. I've seen things like this before. Not with ammo, but with fireworks and liquor.

if the distance is short enough, people will drive to save money. This plan will hurt the city the guy wants to "protect" with his stupidity.
The guy's a stool. I lived in NYC for a long time...it's a routine to drive out to Long Island or Upstate New York to buy rifles and semi-autos on the strength of your driver's license. NYC requires you to jump thru hoops for a Rifle/Shotgun license...well, a trip to W.Hurley NY's Auto-Ordinance gets you a Thompson 1927 A1 Deluxe and a 100 round magazine in original 'gangster' configuration without one. I did not know anyone who licensed their rifles. It's the sort of thing that fosters criminality in otherwise law-abiding citizens. So, baltimore will be awash in 'cheap ammunition' next, I guess....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.