Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
 How you doin? >

How you doin?

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

How you doin?

Old 07-25-2003, 12:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How you doin?

Maybe Johnny can give me a Job?

Sure thing Rico.....shoot me an e-mail and send me a resume' .
Old 07-25-2003, 12:27 PM
Typical Buck

Really? throw in some Stock options and An Attractive 401k package and lets talk...Ok?
Old 07-25-2003, 12:44 PM

I personally haven' t been hit that hard but a lot of good people that I know have.

Several of my friends have had a hard time finding even lateral moves. Dallas has a pretty tight job market because of all the tech, airline and telecom layoffs so they are settleing for just about anything they can find within their fields.

Old 07-25-2003, 02:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Really? throw in some Stock options and An Attractive 401k package and lets talk...Ok?

This is the exact reason why people use me plus I do alot of contract work also. I get alot of ' temp to hire' type positions and this keeps my customer in the safe zone as far as employees. Usually a ' temp to hire' position goes like this. If you are a good asset to the company and they like you, your work ethic, punctuality etc., then after 90 days they will make you a permanent offer with their company and you will be off my payroll. In other words, you' ve got to prove yourself first.
Old 07-25-2003, 05:54 PM
Typical Buck

things have been ok here , the company i work for is doing great from what i can see , this past spring alone i was working double shifts because we had so much overtime available to get all our orders filled , and we' ve been working some overtime now during summer which we normally don' t have to do , and i work in the sports field and even though sept. 11 hit us in 2001 all we' ve seen since then has been more business

as for who to blame , i personally blame the DEVILCRATS [&:][&:]
Old 07-25-2003, 07:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Working for a high tech company nothing is ever certain, but as things are now.....LIFE IS GOOD!

We actually have a hard time filling positions most of the time.
Old 07-25-2003, 07:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Though we' ve had a couple of tough years, it seems the economy is turning around. The markets have gone up substantially, since the beginning of the year. Big ticket purchase were way up last month (4.6%). New housing is still at record levels. And other signs are good.

It' s not to say that there aren' t some people and families who are hurting, due to layoffs. I don' t want to minimize that. However, as other parts of the economy pick up, the employment picture should start to look better in the coming months. Lets' hope and pray so.

MinnFinn
Old 07-25-2003, 11:54 PM
Fork Horn

you aren' t gonna get any complaints here.

since I am an auto Technician I find myself being as busy as ever.

Bad economy = more people trying to get by with their old car rather than purchase a new one.

which means I am seriously considering quitting my day job as I could make a killing on my own.

also with the lower rates and better deals going around I' m making out quite alright.

btw, nice to see ya all again.
Old 07-26-2003, 09:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Its never been better here. Veterinary medicine sales are great and my wife works for Regal Beloit, a manufacturer of small electric motors made for home appliances mostly, and she has put in more overtime this year than we can remember, If the economy is all that bad I wonder what they are putting all them motors in?
Old 07-26-2003, 09:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Personally my family is fine. My stocks and mutual funds took a hit...but I' m young enough to recover. Keep gettin good raises at work...Nothin much has changed.

I got really lucky, though. My wife and I had accumulated a large amount of money in a money market fund. We talked about putting it in some stocks. I went and talked to my financial dude, and he said that if it were him, he would leave it in the money market making 5% (then) Well, we did. By not investing it, we probably saved ourselves $50,000. Now it' s only earning 2% with the falling rates...BUT IT' S NOT LOSING!!!

The state of Ohio is in a disastrous state of affairs. The state is so far in debt it' s not funny. They just started taxing several services in Ohio that were never taxed. Plus they took away free hunting licenses for seniors over 65. Makes ya wonder what' s next????[:' (]