Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords Shot >

Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords Shot

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords Shot

Old 01-11-2011, 04:23 AM
  #91  
Nontypical Buck
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,862
Default

Originally Posted by RIbadazzz View Post
Another example of a "nut" who shouldn't have been able to get a gun, at least not legally, being able to, and others "who can't" and should.


Btw did you see reports of people running towards the shots, especially those who were carrying concealed? I don't think people would be running toward gunshots in other states when concealed carry isn't practiced. People would be running the other way. We need concealed carry everywhere! All 50 states, school zones, etc...
So exactly what did all these concealed carriers who were running towards the gunshots do to stop this guy?? Jack$#!+, that's what!! Since there are so many people packing in Arizona one would think someone would have stopped this guy before he fired a second round. The only brave people in this incident were the few who tackled him with their bare hands. The gun toters did nothing which does mighty little to support their cause that if more people are packing incidents like this would be prevented.
Steve863 is offline  
Old 01-11-2011, 04:43 AM
  #92  
Nontypical Buck
 
7.62NATO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,473
Default

Originally Posted by Steve863 View Post
So exactly what did all these concealed carriers who were running towards the gunshots do to stop this guy?? Jack$#!+, that's what!! Since there are so many people packing in Arizona one would think someone would have stopped this guy before he fired a second round. The only brave people in this incident were the few who tackled him with their bare hands. The gun toters did nothing which does mighty little to support their cause that if more people are packing incidents like this would be prevented.
I see your point, but from what I understand, the crowd at the town hall meeting wasn't all that big...less than 50 people if I recall. I apologize if that is not accurate. So it is likely that in a crowd of 50, nobody was packing. Also, I imagine he was cranking off round rather quickly, so saying that an armed citizen should have stopped him before he got off the second round is a little naive. Though unarmed citizens stopped him, it wasn't until his magazine was empty and he was reloading. What this shows is that 1) citizens are and have the responsibility to be the first responders in situations like these, and 2) that if someone with a gun was in the immediate vicinity of the shooting, it is highly likely that the shooter would have been stopped before he emptied his magazine.

CNN interviewed an armed citizen, Joe Zamudio, who was inside the store when he heard the shots. Zamuido ran towards the shots to see what was happening. The shooter had already been disarmed by the time he got there, so he assisted in holding the suspect down until the police arrived. To my point, he would have returned fire had he been in the immediate vicinity.

Here's the link to the video interview:
http://tinyurl.com/2vltqpp

Last edited by 7.62NATO; 01-11-2011 at 04:44 AM. Reason: Added link
7.62NATO is offline  
Old 01-11-2011, 04:55 AM
  #93  
Nontypical Buck
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,862
Default

All I ask is that you might see my point here. If anything Arizona's very loose gun laws did more to help make this incident possible than it did to help prevent it. Gun advocates want to make us believe that more guns in peoples hands will make us all safer when the reality is that the ease of availability of guns in this nation only helps make incidents like this more possible. Of course these are facts most here don't want to hear, but hey, the truth can hurt sometimes.
Steve863 is offline  
Old 01-11-2011, 05:00 AM
  #94  
Nontypical Buck
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,661
Default

If anyone in the crowd had a concealed carry permit and had pulled their gun and killed this dirtbag .......i`d bet the media would be calling him (the conceal carry guy) a murderer......not a hero........
brewman555 is offline  
Old 01-11-2011, 05:38 AM
  #95  
Nontypical Buck
 
Beau Ouiville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: South Side
Posts: 2,052
Default

Originally Posted by Steve863 View Post
The gun toters did nothing which does mighty little to support their cause that if more people are packing incidents like this would be prevented.
That I agree with. There have been statements that this incident proves the wisdom of AZ gun laws. I don't think it does.
Beau Ouiville is offline  
Old 01-11-2011, 05:47 AM
  #96  
LBR
Boone & Crockett
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Mississippi USA
Posts: 15,296
Default

More liberal brilliance displayed. The lady is a democrat, so what are the chances that any of her supporters who were at the store for her meeting were packing? Where are the stats that show there were people in attendance, other than the guy who evidently happened to be at the store but not for the meeting, who were carrying?

Let's just forget the fact that it was a crowd. From what I heard, the shooter was approximately 4 feet from Giffords when he opened fire.

Pretty obvious steve has no experience with firearms, because anyone with a shred of common sense and 5 minutes of experience would know that you can't just start shooting in the midst of a crowd--unless of course you are an insane murdering monster.

No doubt if someone had returned fire, and killed or wounded an innocent--or just the murderer--steve and his cohorts would still be bemoaning the evils of firearms. Go away steve--you and your lies are not welcome here.
LBR is offline  
Old 01-11-2011, 06:02 AM
  #97  
Boone & Crockett
 
ipscshooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The Republic of Texas
Posts: 11,763
Default

Originally Posted by Beau Ouiville View Post
I am saying that the recent rhetoric is subject to some allegations by leftist folks. So we deal with if those allegations are accurate. Not something years ago.
Ahhh.... So we deal with the Palin Target Map from 2010, but not the DCCC Target Map from 2009, because the DCCC Target Map is just too darned old and creates a logical fallacy. All WE are allowed to do is say "Is it an accurate statement that Palin published a map with crosshairs on it? Yes? End of story. No further debate." OK... I get it... What about postings on the dailykos, a mere two days before the shooting saying that Rep. Giffords "is dead to me." Seems that a mere two days prior should trump stuff from last year... What about the fact that Democrat Bob Bennett claimed last night to have been the originator of "targeting" metaphors in campaigning, all the way back in the 70's. Yet, THIS is the only time it comes up? When it's a Palin metaphor, and it fits the leftist's agenda? Hypocrites.

And, you still won't disown the chimps on the left like Krugman who are blaming Palin, Beck and O'Reilly? Do you disown the rhetoric coming off the KOS post-incident, calling for the assassination of Palin?

How about these little "facts"... Both of the shooter's parents were local government employees. And, despite numerous arrests, the kid was repeatedly "let go" as a favor to them, and with no arrests or convictions on his record, he gets to legally buy a gun... Seems to me that that azzclown democrat sheriff is trying to fade some heat by making stuff up about right wing rhetoric, when at least a modicum of blame lies at his, and the kids' parents feet. Interesting also that the kid was educated in a school created through funding by, and with curriculum prepared by Bill Ayers' group...
ipscshooter is offline  
Old 01-11-2011, 06:03 AM
  #98  
Giant Nontypical
 
bergall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 7,626
Default

Originally Posted by Steve863 View Post
All I ask is that you might see my point here. If anything Arizona's very loose gun laws did more to help make this incident possible than it did to help prevent it. Gun advocates want to make us believe that more guns in peoples hands will make us all safer when the reality is that the ease of availability of guns in this nation only helps make incidents like this more possible. Of course these are facts most here don't want to hear, but hey, the truth can hurt sometimes.
I can see your point...but you assume there were armed people in attendance. You assume that an armed person, not being fired upon, would not be held accountable for the 'senseless vigilante murder' of this 'suspect'. Arizona's gun laws, and ALL OF THE OTHER 20,000-ODD gun laws would NEVER have stopped this guy. He was 100% completely legal from beginning all the way to the second he pulled it out with evil intent. You're assuming again, that more guns = more of these types of shootings...that is VERY naive insofar as this guy is kind of being DEMONSTRATED to be sick, twisted, and mentally ill...I never heard of Hoppe's No.9 inducing insanity in anybody. And the facts are that people like you are bucking to remove a person's right to self defense. Sorry, I ain't biting at that bait...YOU"RE the one with the incorrect assumptions...typically liberal to base an entire argument on fallacious ideas....
bergall is offline  
Old 01-11-2011, 06:08 AM
  #99  
Giant Nontypical
 
bergall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 7,626
Default

Originally Posted by brewman555 View Post
If anyone in the crowd had a concealed carry permit and had pulled their gun and killed this dirtbag .......i`d bet the media would be calling him (the conceal carry guy) a murderer......not a hero........
again....I agree....and I lay THAT blame squarely at the feet of the libs who have consistently persecuted and prosecuted gun owners for the legal use of their firearms and deadly force. It's the reason cops hesitate...it's the reason nobody pulls their weapon until no other action is possible. Liberal laws cost us lives. Even if a person is innocent, his weapon is confiscated, the incident is referred to Grand Jury, and this 'good samaritan' is forced to retain legal council at great personal cost. I would not pull my weapon in this instance...it was over too quickly...NOBODY had time to react...and unless I was under direct fire (or in danger of same), I'd be a cold day in heck before I did anything about it...unless the laws change, that's the way it's gonna be to some degree.
bergall is offline  
Old 01-11-2011, 06:11 AM
  #100  
Giant Nontypical
 
bergall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 7,626
Default

Originally Posted by LBR View Post
More liberal brilliance displayed. The lady is a democrat, so what are the chances that any of her supporters who were at the store for her meeting were packing? Where are the stats that show there were people in attendance, other than the guy who evidently happened to be at the store but not for the meeting, who were carrying?

Let's just forget the fact that it was a crowd. From what I heard, the shooter was approximately 4 feet from Giffords when he opened fire.

Pretty obvious steve has no experience with firearms, because anyone with a shred of common sense and 5 minutes of experience would know that you can't just start shooting in the midst of a crowd--unless of course you are an insane murdering monster.

No doubt if someone had returned fire, and killed or wounded an innocent--or just the murderer--steve and his cohorts would still be bemoaning the evils of firearms. Go away steve--you and your lies are not welcome here.
+1
bergall is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.