Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Airport Security Bypass >

Airport Security Bypass

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Airport Security Bypass

Old 11-21-2010, 03:22 PM
Boone & Crockett

Airports are private property. You have no right to be there, and no expectations of privacy while engaged in any activity while there.
You point is moot.
Actually most commercial airports in the United States are not privately owned. Most are government owned and contract operated. I guess your point is moot.

I guess you will never understand that your 4th amendment rights do not end at the airport. Private property or not you still have the right to be secure against illegal searches. It can't be made any simpler for you to understand. If you don't get it now I doubt you will ever get it. If you feel like giving up your rights for a little false security then go ahead and submit like the sheep the want us all to be.

Last edited by bigbulls; 11-21-2010 at 03:50 PM.
Old 11-21-2010, 03:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Israel examples are terrible examples since it hasn't stopped terrorism.

Air plane flight in this country is a right until it is taken away. We don't list every right because we have them until they are taken away. Sobriety check points changed this country drastically and it's effects are still growing.

Personal freedom is the only real protection from terrorism, remove it and we will end up like Israel.

We have been given the means to protect ourselves when we were given the second.
Old 11-21-2010, 04:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Some interesting reading on whether the TSA pat downs constitute a violation of the 4th amendment.

A blog article about U.S. v. Davis, a court case in which the defendant challenged the airport screenings to be a violation of his 4th amendment rights:

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/flying...rth-amendment/

The court case the article refers to:

http://www.ca9.uscourts.gov/datastor...07/0430243.pdf

The take-away quote:

To judge reasonableness, it is necessary to balance the right
to be free of intrusion with “society’s interest in safe air travel.”
United States v. Pulido-Baquerizo, 800 F.2d 899, 901 (9th
Cir. 1986).
B
Now that sounds all well and good, but where does it end? And who is to say the method the TSA is implementing is the most effective way of accomplishing safe air travel?
Old 11-21-2010, 04:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Israel examples are terrible examples since it hasn't stopped terrorism.
What????

Terrorism in Israel continues for many reasons. Reasons having almost nothing to do with commercial flying.

A better question to ask is when was the last time an El Al aircraft was used as a missile to take out a building?
Answer: never.