Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
I watched MSNBC last night >

I watched MSNBC last night

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

I watched MSNBC last night

Old 11-03-2010, 05:11 AM
Dominant Buck

Default I watched MSNBC last night

I watched MSNBC last night and it was sick. Mathews, Olberman, Shultz, and Madcow were simply disgusting. Name calling. Making fun of the Republicans. And during the interviews, they were groaning, moaning, making off cuff jabs while the person they were interviewing was speaking. It was like watching a group of 7th grade girls, in the stands of a football game, talking trash about the cheerleaders. I could not believe what I was watching. I have never seen a “professional” act like that. At one point, I thought Shultz was going to grab a gun and start shooting up the place. Or at the least, fall to the floor and start kicking a screaming in a full blown hissy fit. I have never seen a group of adults so vitriolic, immature, mean, and downright ugly. I’m sure NBC is sure proud.
Old 11-03-2010, 05:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

I watched MSNBC last night and it was sick...
So why did you watch it?

Sorry but that is what you should expect from the MSNBC crowd. MSNBC does not deserve my time so I do not watch them.
Old 11-03-2010, 05:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have never seen a group of adults so vitriolic, immature, mean, and downright ugly.
No, but you've seen one adult do that...Limbaugh.

Both pretend to be providing accurate analysis. MSNBC is just the next step in the evolution of American propaganda as a source of "entertainment, analysis, and information."

If you think about it, it is to be expected that an outfit like MSNBC would follow Fox, Limbaugh, and Beck.

Differences? A few. Mostly nuances. Propaganda is propaganda.

Bias sells.
Old 11-03-2010, 05:56 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by vc1111 View Post
No, but you've seen one adult do that...Limbaugh.

Both pretend to be providing accurate analysis. MSNBC is just the next step in the evolution of American propaganda as a source of "entertainment, analysis, and information."

If you think about it, it is to be expected that an outfit like MSNBC would follow Fox, Limbaugh, and Beck.

Differences? A few. Mostly nuances. Propaganda is propaganda.

Bias sells.
True. But MSNB touts itself as a news organization. Limbaugh is a , somewhat, self proclaimed blow hard radio show host.

So why did you watch it?

Sorry but that is what you should expect from the MSNBC crowd. MSNBC does not deserve my time so I do not watch them
Morbid curiosity. Even with that said, I like to watch all news sources to get the full scope of what is going on. Many times that means holding my nose while I watch, but still, I like to see what the other side is saying.
Old 11-03-2010, 06:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

Limbaugh is a , somewhat, self proclaimed blow hard radio show host.
That is what he would like you to believe. That is his way of granting himself license to spew the same things you (and I) find grotesque about the MSNBC crew and for me at least, the same goes for Fox News at times.

There is VERY little difference between Limbaugh and OReilly, for example...and look at where you find O'Reilly.

Analyzing what we are being fed on a daily basis means that at times we will call a spade a spade...even it we have to do so at our own expense. Most people, including the majority of this board, are utterly incapable of doing so. They allow themselves to be polarized to the point of actually being proud of how radical the have become. Example: Muley69 (who has since changed his name because I called him out on this so many times) once proudly puffed up his chest and openly condoned the murder of abortion doctors.

While not all on this board are so radical, most lack the insight and ability to fairly analyze all they are handed.

Doing that fairly and accurately also means that you will listen to and analyze dissenting opinions and sources. I salute you for taking the time to do so.
Old 11-03-2010, 06:40 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by vc1111 View Post
That is what he would like you to believe. That is his way of granting himself license to spew the same things you (and I) find grotesque about the MSNBC crew and for me at least, the same goes for Fox News at times.

There is VERY little difference between Limbaugh and OReilly, for example...and look at where you find O'Reilly.

Analyzing what we are being fed on a daily basis means that at times we will call a spade a spade...even it we have to do so at our own expense. Most people, including the majority of this board, are utterly incapable of doing so. They allow themselves to be polarized to the point of actually being proud of how radical the have become. Example: Muley69 (who has since changed his name because I called him out on this so many times) once proudly puffed up his chest and openly condoned the murder of abortion doctors.

While not all on this board are so radical, most lack the insight and ability to fairly analyze all they are handed.

Doing that fairly and accurately also means that you will listen to and analyze dissenting opinions and sources. I salute you for taking the time to do so.
I appreciate that.

That is exactly why I like to keep up with all news sources. I find it more telling to cross vector all points of view so I can triangulate the truth.
Old 11-03-2010, 09:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Bill O'reilly is going to be on Bill Maher this week on hbo, curious to see how that one goes, neither seems to give an inch in their opinions.

Battle of the Bills!
Old 11-03-2010, 10:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't agree with MSNBC's message but still watch it sometimes. Im not really even sure why, I guess I like hearing the viewpoints of folks I completely disagree with. I do of course also watch Fox but Fox at least seems to show boths sides of an issue a ton more then MSNBC.

I think both are slanted but I think MSNBC is much worse and a lot of the hosts basically call you an idiot if you don't agree with their views.
Old 11-03-2010, 12:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Right before "thrill up my leg" mathews made his assine "whiteboys club" comment one of the other MSNBC droolers said "the republicans have no one who can beat obama", I guess the havent heard of Marco Rubio.
Old 11-03-2010, 06:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I flipped back and forth between Fox, CNN, and MSNBC just to see the differences in how what transpired was being presented. Generally, I thought Fox and CNN were covering things pretty evenhandedly and as news. Sure, some differences, but an air of professionalism was maintained by both networks.

MSNBC, on the other hand, was a circus of sad people lashing out with immature commentary. I checked again tonight and things hadn't changed much. Definitely more entertainment than actual news. Acting rather than reporting.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.