Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
If George Bush was an idiot... >

If George Bush was an idiot...

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

If George Bush was an idiot...

Old 09-21-2010, 06:27 PM
Banned

IPCS,

The difference between Clinton and Bush was that Clinton didn't invade Iraq, Bush did. That is a Grand Canyon sized difference. Clinton was a physical coward who avoided combat and he used the military very sparingly (possibly because of a guilty conscience). Bush was a physical coward who avoided combat and engaged America in the two longest wars in its history.

Your post brings up another beef I have Bush. Clinton got bad intelligence from the CIA. Bush got bad intelligence from the CIA. By bad I mean atrociously, criminally inept, insanely wrong intelligence. Why was there no consequence to the CIA for this gross dereliction of duty and incompetence? Bush would have gained some brownie points with me if he had held the intelligence community responsible for this catastrophe. He did nothing of the sort. It was another of his many and substantial failings. A good commander in chief would have recognized this as an incredibly important issue vitally important to the strategic interests of our country and acted accordingly. There would have been whole-sale carnage in the CIA and the old tired bureaucrats who bungled this up so badly would have been looking for jobs. How can anybody have any confidence in American intelligence when the same old incompetents are in there who messed up on Iraq so badly?

Secondly, during the Bush era, North Korea and Iran, both openly developed missile and nuclear technology. They did this while America was engaged in Iraq. Both countries more or less dared America to do something about it. They both developed weapons far more powerful than Iraq ever had and Bush did nothing to stop it. Of course Bush couldn't really do anything about it because he had destroyed his and America's credibility in the western world with the debacle in Iraq.

Thirdly, his invasion of Iraq has resulted in Iran becoming a regional superpower. Iran is much more belligerent now than pre-Bush. It has power and fast becoming untouchable by the international community. It recognizes that its only fail-safe is nuclear weapons and it is going to get them as quickly as possible. It has missile technology and soon will be able to reach western european powers. So while Bush wasted lives, credibility and truckloads of cash to "protect us from Islamists" by toppling a secular regime, he did nothing to stop the nuclear ambitions of a dangerous Islamist republic.
Old 09-21-2010, 06:41 PM
Dominant Buck

FYI Hockeydad, a Democrat congress voted for both wars. Are you telling me hundreds of them got the intel wrong?
Old 09-21-2010, 06:58 PM
Dominant Buck

I just can't let this stuff go. Hockeydad, you crack me up. You make all this claim about jobs going overseas and try to blame Bush. Yet, you have no idea about automation. You give Dems a pass when it comes to SS and Medicare. You give them a pass when it comes to Obama stopping energy drilling in the gulf while loaning Mexico money to do the very thing. You skip over brazil getting loans for more offshore drilling. You also never mentioned the healthcare monster of a bill forcing companies to give government approved plans and insuring kids until they are 20 fricking 6. Go ahead and re-elect your savior next time around. He surely has everything heading in the right direction.

Forgot to add, the energy department has now declared they have the power to choose which appliances you may have in your home. The
EPA has declared CO2 a pollutant and says they can act without congress. The president has just appointed someone to the new department of consumer protection. She now has the power to look at every single consumer purchase and make plans to regulate them.

Last edited by Fieldmouse; 09-21-2010 at 07:21 PM.
Old 09-21-2010, 07:04 PM
Dominant Buck

FYI, Isreal is the only Superpower in the region and the only person tieing their hands is Obama backed by the Dems which actually turns out to be the same ones tying Bush's. However, you love them don't you?
Old 09-22-2010, 03:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

What Hockeydad said.

Iran and Iraq are both run by radical Shia elements. Iraq is quickly coming apart. Politicians in Iraq are still fighting over the elections and are unable to form a coalition government six months after elections were held.

After the Gulf War, the UN had EOD folks all over Iraq destroying the Iraqi chemical and biological weapons stockpile. Several of my EOD/UXO friends worked there for a couple years. Yep, some few items of chemical loaded ammo were found in old bunkers that had been destroyed during the Gulf War and at Iraqi firing ranges.

http://www.un.org/apps/news/story.as...14&Cr=iraq&Cr1=

The bulk of the destruction of some 22,000 filled munitions occurred under the supervision of the UN inspectors in accordance with Security Council resolution 687 (1991) – the “ceasefire resolution” which ended the war – in the period from 1991 to 1994. During the collection of chemical weapons for destruction after the 1991 war, Iraq stated that it was not able to locate some 500 chemical munitions.
In 2004 the CIA concluded that there was no stockpile of WMD in Iraq at the time of the US invasion.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/...aq.wmd.report/

Last edited by falcon; 09-22-2010 at 03:56 AM.
Old 09-22-2010, 04:05 AM
Dominant Buck

Yeah, you keep running on that old line there falcon. The facts are the facts. Why didn't the UN declare him WMD free? Sadam had everything in place to restart his WMD program. He also kept up a very in-depth rouge. To hide his WMD program from the world. It was up to Sadam to prove he had none. He did this by bugging the rooms of inspectors, hiding all his documents and materials. As inspectors pulled up to inspect, he sent trucks out the back door. Also, the war was back on after Sadam violated his surrender agreement. Did Bush invade as he had legal authority to do so, no. Did Bush invade as he was authorized under the war aginst terrorism? No. Bush went to congress as requested by the Dems and they gave him authorization and declared war.

Thanks for posting that article as well falcon that backs up the facts on why we went to war. However, I did leave out the CIA conclusion that Sadam would work with terrorist groups giving them support and WMD's in the future if left unchecked. That is in your article and the conclusion of the Senate hearings.

Last edited by Fieldmouse; 09-22-2010 at 04:13 AM.
Old 09-22-2010, 04:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

FM, where were the "mobil biological weapons labs" that the white house said were running all over Iraq disguised as bread and milk trucks?
Old 09-22-2010, 04:36 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by falcon View Post
FM, where were the "mobil biological weapons labs" that the white house said were running all over Iraq disguised as bread and milk trucks?
I don't know and don't care falcon. If you don't like the facts in the articles you post may I suggest you quit posting them.
Old 01-09-2011, 07:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

You give Dems a pass when it comes to SS and Medicare.
Not to mention:
Affirmative Action
Forced Busing
"The War on Poverty"
Global Warming, Cooling, Climate Change
Stimulus I, II, Cash for Clunkers
and that other minor liberty taking thing...abortion.