Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
A Mosque in the Pentagon, Now? >

A Mosque in the Pentagon, Now?

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

A Mosque in the Pentagon, Now?

Old 08-25-2010, 10:06 PM
Fork Horn

Default A Mosque in the Pentagon, Now?

No just kidding. There already is one. With no issues.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...082202635.html
Old 08-25-2010, 10:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

What's your point?Let them build on top of Ground 0?
Old 08-25-2010, 10:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

There is no mosque in the pentagon. There is a non denomination chapel in the pentagon where people of all denominations come to worship through out the day.

Nice try though. Seriously it took about two seconds to disprove this. A google search and the very first link.

The truth is that there is no "mosque" in the Pentagon, according to Army spokesman George Wright. There is a chapel inside the Pentagon where Muslim employees can go to pray, as ABC News recently reported. Itís just not exclusive to followers of Islam.

The Pentagonís non-denominational chapel was built and dedicated in 2002 in honor of Pentagon employees and passengers of American Airlines Flight 77 who died in the terrorist attack on the building on Sept. 11, 2001. The chapel was constructed at the site where the hijacked plane crashed into the Pentagon nearly nine years ago.

Wright told us that the chapel, which can seat about 100 people, hosts services throughout the week for Pentagon employees of various faiths including Catholics, Protestants, Jews, Episcopalians, Hindus and Muslims. Wright said that the chapelís schedule for the week of August 16 actually includes daily mass for Catholics; Bible study sessions for Protestants, Jews and members of the Church of Latter Day Saints; as well as a prayer service for Muslims.

The chapel is run by the Office of the Pentagon Chaplain, and prior to its construction, all religious services were reportedly held in either conference rooms, auditoriums or informal prayer rooms inside the Pentagon.
Old 08-25-2010, 10:24 PM
Fork Horn

Muslims PRAYING! Sounds like a MOSQUE to me! I hope someone sells bacon right across the hall from it!

They're probably just training as terrorists and praying to thank Allah for 9/11. Take it to the deserts, Muslims.
Old 08-25-2010, 10:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know we rebuild the sky scrapper,oh 125 stories and let them have there mosque on the top floor.
Old 08-25-2010, 10:51 PM
Boone & Crockett

Muslims PRAYING! Sounds like a MOSQUE to me!
Sounds like Muslims praying to me. Spin it any way you want but there is no mosque in the pentagon.

People are free to pray anywhere they want to in this country (except teachers in public schools).
Old 08-26-2010, 05:09 AM
Boone & Crockett

I'm on my computer waiting to catch a flight, I just said my daily prayers (quietly) in the terminal, does it make it a church?
When I drove up here the sign said, Welcome to DFW Airport..
Old 08-26-2010, 05:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Muslims can pray....I would think that if they were in the Pentagon, they'd be AMERICAN Muslims...no issue here...and if I can go in there as a Christian and pray, and if a Jew can go in there to pray, well then, it's not a mosque....it's a 'house of prayer' and truly non-denominational.
Old 08-26-2010, 06:17 AM
Dominant Buck

I can't help but laugh. After reading this, I called my cousin who works in the Pentagon to see if this is true. Actually, I have not talked to him in a while, so I used this opportunity to talk to him. He said there is no churchs in the Pentagon, yet places of worship and prayer. Which are nondenominational and not affiliated with any religion.

Like Rev stated, my work place must be a church too, because I pray here, as well as in my car, my home, and pretty much most places i visit.
Old 08-26-2010, 06:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by burniegoeasily View Post
I can't help but laugh. After reading this, I called my cousin who works in the Pentagon to see if this is true. Actually, I have not talked to him in a while, so I used this opportunity to talk to him. He said there is no churchs in the Pentagon, yet places of worship and prayer. Which are nondenominational and not affiliated with any religion.

Like Rev stated, my work place must be a church too, because I pray here, as well as in my car, my home, and pretty much most places i visit.

Me too....ESPECIALLYwhen I see the flashing lights of the State Police coming up fast from behind and I've let the speedometer climb over 80.....I pray like a saint !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.