Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Can someone explain to me...? >

Can someone explain to me...?

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Can someone explain to me...?

Old 05-13-2010, 06:23 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Can someone explain to me...?

What's broken with our imigration system? As I understand it, nothing. Anyone is able to fill out their paer work and apply to come to the US. The only thing that I think anyone is able to point ot would be the time it takes to go thru the system. However, that doesn't mean it's broken.
Old 05-13-2010, 06:54 AM
Dominant Buck

Racist..............
Old 05-13-2010, 07:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

The broken part of the system is the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT who refuses to enforce the laws that are on the books. Therefore forcing the states to step up and take action like AZ has. I wonder why it is that several other states with illegal immigration problems are actually considering similar laws. My take is that they are waiting to see how it plays out with AZ before committing.
Old 05-13-2010, 10:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Illegal Employer Problem
Old 05-13-2010, 10:49 AM
Boone & Crockett

Imagine that you live in central Minnesota, or New York, or Michigan, or North Dakota, or anyplace else near hundreds of miles of lightly guarded border with Canada, in a poverty stricken village under a corrupt and oppressive political regime. Moving anywhere else in the U.S. isnt gonna be any improvement. By sneaking across the border into Canana, you can overnite increase your hourly wages by tenfold, live in a clean, safe neighborhood, and have much more freedom and security than back in Minnesota. Or you can go stand in line and fill out the paperwork and wait years to acheive that. If i ever found myself in that position, i would be the first person paddling a homemade raft across the St. Lawrence river in the middle of the nite. So, to me it is a no-brainer as to why illegal immigration from the south is so bad. Not saying that i dont oppose illegal immigration, just that i can understand why things are the way they are.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Lanse couche couche View Post
Imagine that you live in central Minnesota, or New York, or Michigan, or North Dakota, or anyplace else near hundreds of miles of lightly guarded border with Canada, in a poverty stricken village under a corrupt and oppressive political regime. Moving anywhere else in the U.S. isnt gonna be any improvement. By sneaking across the border into Canana, you can overnite increase your hourly wages by tenfold, live in a clean, safe neighborhood, and have much more freedom and security than back in Minnesota. Or you can go stand in line and fill out the paperwork and wait years to acheive that. If i ever found myself in that position, i would be the first person paddling a homemade raft across the St. Lawrence river in the middle of the nite. So, to me it is a no-brainer as to why illegal immigration from the south is so bad. Not saying that i dont oppose illegal immigration, just that i can understand why things are the way they are.

as a matter of survival, of course I understand why they would sneak into the country. The problem is not with the illegals...it's with the people tasked with securing the borders and protecting the American people. Also, as an aside, I believe they can apply for work visas and work here while their citizenship is being processed...rather than just infiltrating thru the desert and soaking up taxpayer largesse...
Old 05-13-2010, 11:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

The Canadians tasked with protecting their borders and regulating immigration would probably find themselves overwhelmed in the scenario that i described above, especially if that had to deal with both the Americans wanting to sneak in and all the Canadians wanting to hire them. Factor in the Canadian politicians who dont want to tick off the registered American-Canadian voters and you would pretty much have the same quagmire up there as here. As long as you have bordering countries with huge border and great economic disparity, you are gonna have one hell of a time keeping people out. Just look at the Haitians risking life and limb to sneak into the Dominican Republic or the Central Americans trying to sneak into Mexico.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:57 AM
Typical Buck

i would rather go north then south. Mexico isnt what it use to be..
Old 05-13-2010, 05:07 PM
Dominant Buck

The answers I thought I would get. None of them have to do with our imigration system being broken. folks with wet shirts represent a broken border security issue. They a broken imigration issue. I'm sick and tired of the left trying to frame this as a broken imigration issue.
Old 05-13-2010, 05:56 PM
Typical Buck

Default Immigration "system"

Originally Posted by wvhuntin4me View Post
i would rather go north then south. Mexico isnt what it use to be..
You're right, the system is not broke at all, actually it is a very complex but well run system. Problem is it is run on the same type of basis as hunting...the honor system. If you're illegal, you AREN'T part of the system, you're a criminal. If you want to come north, got the same problemo as AZ, GA, TX. We thought maybe the weather would deter, but not so. Turned in some illegals working in a resturant some 4 mos. ago, so far, no results.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.