Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Kids pay price for political statement >

Kids pay price for political statement

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Kids pay price for political statement

Old 05-12-2010, 01:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Kids pay price for political statement

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/highlan...2.1690630.html

The Highland Park High School admin, is making the girls' softball team pay for their (admin's) political "principles".
Just let the kids play & keep your damned politics out of their lives, for crying out loud!
Old 05-13-2010, 05:51 AM
Dominant Buck

What a disgrace.
Old 05-13-2010, 05:27 PM
Dominant Buck

What happened to the libs always claiming it about the kids?
Old 05-14-2010, 07:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

I agree that its disgusting, but arguably, it is a precedent that was set decades ago with the Olympic games.
Old 05-14-2010, 08:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

lol, certainly the kids wont be harmed, sounds like the admin might be here illegally, or has family that is, and thats why they are boycotting Arizona ...
this is not mexico where ya could have get snatched up by the cartels and takin hostages and the law just wont do anything to save ya....its still the usa...

is this whole arizona thing the new war , North vs South?
Old 05-14-2010, 03:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

If it is, I'm moving to AZ. to be on their side.
Old 05-14-2010, 05:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Howler View Post
If it is, I'm moving to AZ. to be on their side.
ill just be a long distance supporter,
AZ too damn hot
Old 05-14-2010, 09:49 PM
Super Moderator

District 113 assistant superintendent Suzan Hebson says the trip "would not be aligned with our beliefs and values."
This is nothing more than political grandstanding, hypocrisy and ignorance and/or stupidity. I doubt that any of the Arizona High schools are making a political statement or had anything to do with passing the law. The "beliefs and values" that this nitwit is demonstrating is that it's okay to transfer blame from Arizona's state legislature to a bunch of high school kids.

Hebson says the school couldn't guarantee the players would be "included and be safe and be able to enjoy the experience."
What does she mean about not being able to guarantee that the players are included? They're going to a tournament to play against other teams. How would they not be safe? Is there some greater crime rate in Arizona? How would they not enjoy the experience that they saved up money to participate in? This person should not be allowed to have a job in education as she is clearly unable to resist injecting her personal political beliefs into that educational system.

This ignorant backlash against Arizona is ridiculous and shows that a lot of people (including AG Holder) haven't read the law, understand it or even have the capacity to learn the subject they are ignorantly protesting.