Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
CA Students Sent Home For Wearing US Flag >

CA Students Sent Home For Wearing US Flag

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

CA Students Sent Home For Wearing US Flag

Old 05-06-2010, 07:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default CA Students Sent Home For Wearing US Flag

on Cinco de Mayo.

http://news.yahoo.com/video/local-15749667/19585803

Five Northern California high school students were sent home from their school after coming to school wearing shirts with the American Flag on it during Cinco De Mayo. Kiet Do reports.
Old 05-06-2010, 07:43 AM
Dominant Buck

Screw the 1st amendment. Now how about all the Mexican flags I see worn on a daily basis by school kids. What a freaken disgrace.
Old 05-06-2010, 08:06 AM
Boone & Crockett

Absurd.

Question... Is Cinco de Mayo a holiday in Mexico? I thought it was pretty much just another reason for the beer companies to sell a few extra cases...
Old 05-06-2010, 08:36 AM
Dominant Buck

Where is the ACLU?
Old 05-06-2010, 08:38 AM
Dominant Buck

[sarcasm] What about July 14. I want my Bastille Day at work!!! And if there is any American flag in view, they better be removed. [sarcasm]

Gawd, I never thought I would see these days.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:20 AM
Fork Horn

we students at schools, particularly public schools (such as where i am sitting as i type), are afforded super basic rights. Our lockers aren't private, we are allowed as much free speech as our principles and administrators are willing to allow us on any given day, up until this year it was "accepted" school policy that a teacher could confiscate and destroy any electronic device that was on ourselves, regardless of whether it was used or even on. Of course, our teachers werent that big of... jerks... as that, but it was within the realm of possibility. I know there was one court case where students during the Vietnam Conflict where the USSC allowed students to wear armbands in school in protest, but freedom in its purest sense is LONG gone in schools. I believe in rules and all that jazz, but i also enjoy having some rights as I am now, technically, and adult. This idea doesnt make sense anyway, the OP that is, Cinco de Mayo isnt even a real holiday in America, possibly due to the fact that we already have our July 4th, why should we celebrate another country's Independence Day?
Old 05-06-2010, 09:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Zeke001 View Post
This idea doesnt make sense anyway, the OP that is, Cinco de Mayo isnt even a real holiday in America, possibly due to the fact that we already have our July 4th, why should we celebrate another country's Independence Day?
Wait a sec... Cinco de Mayo isn't a holiday in America "possibly due to the fact that we already have July 4th"??? Possibly? That doesn't have anything to do with the reason. It's not a holiday here because it's got nothing to do with us.

Cinco de Mayo isn't even some other country's Independence Day. In Mexico, that would be September 16. Cinco de Mayo is not a national "holiday" in Mexico. It's a regional holiday, celebrated primarily in and around Puebla, Mexico.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

more to the point, where are the parents of these kids ? Why are there no demands for the firing of the school personnel for racial prejudice, favoring mexicans over Americans ?
ROcks should be thrown thru windows, cars overturned, fires started....where's the local outrage ? If there is none, then they deserve that which they allow to occur without retribution. Period.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:30 AM
Dominant Buck

After reading more on this, I must post a quote that make me sick. A hispanic young lady said "This is the only time Mexican Americans get to show national pride." What f-ing nation does she live in? Also, many of the Mexican American kids want the kids wearing American flags to apologize? What the [email protected]#%?
Old 05-06-2010, 10:33 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Zeke001 View Post
we students at schools, particularly public schools (such as where i am sitting as i type), are afforded super basic rights. Our lockers aren't private, we are allowed as much free speech as our principles and administrators are willing to allow us on any given day, up until this year it was "accepted" school policy that a teacher could confiscate and destroy any electronic device that was on ourselves, regardless of whether it was used or even on. Of course, our teachers werent that big of... jerks... as that, but it was within the realm of possibility. I know there was one court case where students during the Vietnam Conflict where the USSC allowed students to wear armbands in school in protest, but freedom in its purest sense is LONG gone in schools. I believe in rules and all that jazz, but i also enjoy having some rights as I am now, technically, and adult. This idea doesnt make sense anyway, the OP that is, Cinco de Mayo isnt even a real holiday in America, possibly due to the fact that we already have our July 4th, why should we celebrate another country's Independence Day?
Cinco de Mayo is to celebrate the battle of Puabla (sp).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.