HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Politics (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/politics-16/)
-   -   CA Students Sent Home For Wearing US Flag (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/politics/322840-ca-students-sent-home-wearing-us-flag.html)

falcon 05-06-2010 06:26 AM

CA Students Sent Home For Wearing US Flag

on Cinco de Mayo. :s6:

http://news.yahoo.com/video/local-15749667/19585803

Five Northern California high school students were sent home from their school after coming to school wearing shirts with the American Flag on it during Cinco De Mayo. Kiet Do reports.

burniegoeasily 05-06-2010 06:43 AM

Screw the 1st amendment. Now how about all the Mexican flags I see worn on a daily basis by school kids. What a freaken disgrace.

ipscshooter 05-06-2010 07:06 AM

Absurd.

Question... Is Cinco de Mayo a holiday in Mexico? I thought it was pretty much just another reason for the beer companies to sell a few extra cases...

burniegoeasily 05-06-2010 07:36 AM

Where is the ACLU?

burniegoeasily 05-06-2010 07:38 AM

[sarcasm] What about July 14. I want my Bastille Day at work!!! And if there is any American flag in view, they better be removed. [sarcasm]

Gawd, I never thought I would see these days.

Zeke001 05-06-2010 08:20 AM

we students at schools, particularly public schools (such as where i am sitting as i type), are afforded super basic rights. Our lockers aren't private, we are allowed as much free speech as our principles and administrators are willing to allow us on any given day, up until this year it was "accepted" school policy that a teacher could confiscate and destroy any electronic device that was on ourselves, regardless of whether it was used or even on. Of course, our teachers werent that big of... jerks... as that, but it was within the realm of possibility. I know there was one court case where students during the Vietnam Conflict where the USSC allowed students to wear armbands in school in protest, but freedom in its purest sense is LONG gone in schools. I believe in rules and all that jazz, but i also enjoy having some rights as I am now, technically, and adult. This idea doesnt make sense anyway, the OP that is, Cinco de Mayo isnt even a real holiday in America, possibly due to the fact that we already have our July 4th, why should we celebrate another country's Independence Day?

ipscshooter 05-06-2010 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by Zeke001 (Post 3622989)
This idea doesnt make sense anyway, the OP that is, Cinco de Mayo isnt even a real holiday in America, possibly due to the fact that we already have our July 4th, why should we celebrate another country's Independence Day?

Wait a sec... Cinco de Mayo isn't a holiday in America "possibly due to the fact that we already have July 4th"??? Possibly? That doesn't have anything to do with the reason. It's not a holiday here because it's got nothing to do with us.

Cinco de Mayo isn't even some other country's Independence Day. In Mexico, that would be September 16. Cinco de Mayo is not a national "holiday" in Mexico. It's a regional holiday, celebrated primarily in and around Puebla, Mexico.

bergall 05-06-2010 09:04 AM

more to the point, where are the parents of these kids ? Why are there no demands for the firing of the school personnel for racial prejudice, favoring mexicans over Americans ?
ROcks should be thrown thru windows, cars overturned, fires started....where's the local outrage ? If there is none, then they deserve that which they allow to occur without retribution. Period.

burniegoeasily 05-06-2010 09:30 AM

After reading more on this, I must post a quote that make me sick. A hispanic young lady said "This is the only time Mexican Americans get to show national pride." What f-ing nation does she live in? Also, many of the Mexican American kids want the kids wearing American flags to apologize? What the [email protected]#%?

burniegoeasily 05-06-2010 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by Zeke001 (Post 3622989)
we students at schools, particularly public schools (such as where i am sitting as i type), are afforded super basic rights. Our lockers aren't private, we are allowed as much free speech as our principles and administrators are willing to allow us on any given day, up until this year it was "accepted" school policy that a teacher could confiscate and destroy any electronic device that was on ourselves, regardless of whether it was used or even on. Of course, our teachers werent that big of... jerks... as that, but it was within the realm of possibility. I know there was one court case where students during the Vietnam Conflict where the USSC allowed students to wear armbands in school in protest, but freedom in its purest sense is LONG gone in schools. I believe in rules and all that jazz, but i also enjoy having some rights as I am now, technically, and adult. This idea doesnt make sense anyway, the OP that is, Cinco de Mayo isnt even a real holiday in America, possibly due to the fact that we already have our July 4th, why should we celebrate another country's Independence Day?

Cinco de Mayo is to celebrate the battle of Puabla (sp).