Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Crime Statistics Do not support Arizona Law >

Crime Statistics Do not support Arizona Law

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Crime Statistics Do not support Arizona Law

Old 04-30-2010, 01:48 PM
Fork Horn

Default Crime Statistics Do not support Arizona Law

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/04/29/...ex.html?hpt=T2

According to the nonpartisan Immigration Policy Institute, proponents of the bill "overlook two salient points: Crime rates have already been falling in Arizona for years despite the presence of unauthorized immigrants, and a century's worth of research has demonstrated that immigrants are less likely to commit crimes or be behind bars than the native-born."

According to FBI statistics, violent crimes reported in Arizona dropped by nearly 1,500 reported incidents between 2005 and 2008. Reported property crimes also fell, from about 287,000 reported incidents to 279,000 in the same period. These decreases are accentuated by the fact that Arizona's population grew by 600,000 between 2005 and 2008.
Old 04-30-2010, 02:13 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

"...a century's worth of research has demonstrated that immigrants are less likely to commit crimes or be behind bars than the native-born."

That's ridiculous. EVERY illegal that is in the U.S. committed a crime, by being here. I really don't think that's true of every native-born Arizonan.

So MAYBE they don't commit AS MANY violent crimes. Get rid of them, the the crime rate committed by them drops to ZERO. Also, if they are sent back, the percentage of taxpayer dollars spent on them for welfare, healthcare, etc. etc. etc. also drops to ZERO.

ZERO comparison.
Old 04-30-2010, 02:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Then why is Phoenix the number ONE kidnapping capital of the USA and number TWO in the WORLD?

And...If I get pulled over out in the forest while wearing a camo shirt and asked for ID, vehicle searched for firearms, etc...even though I'm not hunting, does that violate my civil rights?
Old 04-30-2010, 03:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dont feed the trolls...
Old 04-30-2010, 03:37 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Aww snap......who would have guessed it...stat numbers being misrepresented to "prove" a point. Here's a blurb from the linked site.

"Yet, a look at statistics from the U.S. Customs and Border Protection agency and the FBI indicate that both the number of illegal crossers and violent crime in general have actually decreased in the past several years."

Violent crime has decreased along with the number of illegal crossers. Coincidence? Sure doesn't go along with the post that started this thread.

Another "unbiased" CNN story.........
Old 04-30-2010, 04:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

LBR. That's where liberals really miss the point, illegal entry is not a crime in their mind, To me they are invaders pure and simple and should be given one warning shot at the border. Maybe.
Old 04-30-2010, 04:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Like LBR said, they aren't factoring in the fact that it's a crime for them to even be here. So therefore, every illegal immigrant in this country has committed a crime.
Old 04-30-2010, 06:11 PM
Fork Horn

I'm far from an expert on immigration, but to prove I'm not a "troll"...

I acknowledge that illegal aliens are in fact, breaking the law by being here. I'm not disputing that. I understand.

I also understand that becoming a citizen is not an easy process, and I don't feel like people who didn't, by chance, happen to be born IN the united states have no right to be here.

Also imagine if you're a LEGAL Mexican immigrant living in Arizona. For that matter, try to imagine a different scenario: If Obama passed a law saying ANYONE (white, black, mexican, etc.) could be stopped and forced to prove their citizenship, or that they paid their taxes, or anything. You would all have an absolute stroke, yet this is fine? Not merely fine, but applauded?
Old 04-30-2010, 06:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by H80Hunter View Post

Also imagine if you're a LEGAL Mexican immigrant living in Arizona. For that matter, try to imagine a different scenario: If Obama passed a law saying ANYONE (white, black, mexican, etc.) could be stopped and forced to prove their citizenship, or that they paid their taxes, or anything. You would all have an absolute stroke, yet this is fine? Not merely fine, but applauded?
When you get pulled over on the highway, do you need to show your DL, Insurance and Registration?
Old 04-30-2010, 06:43 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

If Obama passed a law saying ANYONE (white, black, mexican, etc.) could be stopped and forced to prove their citizenship, or that they paid their taxes, or anything.
bho doesn't have to pass such a law--they already exist. Don't believe me? Ever been stopped at a random roadblock? Ever applied for credit? Ever bought a hunting license? Ever applied for a driver's license? Ever cashed a check? Ever bought insurance? Ever used insurance? Ever bought a gun, or ammo, or a bottle of glue?

Fact of the matter is showing I.D. is a part of everyday life--so much a part that you evidently didn't even realize it. Many things in life aren't a right, but a priveledge. AZ didn't pass anything new, they basically just plan to use state LEO's to enforce laws that the feds have ignored.

You would all have an absolute stroke, yet this is fine?
Nope--I've done all the things I listed and more, and so far I'm totally stroke-free. Dern skippy it's fine with me. I'm tired of my taxes being used to pay for illegals to enjoy for free the same priveledges afforded to me by being a legal, tax-paying citizen.

Not merely fine, but applauded?
Congrats--you are two for two. You don't applaud a criminal element that steals from each and every legal citizen being removed? And you think the problem is with us?????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.