Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Raising Arizona >

Raising Arizona

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.
View Poll Results: should Arizona's new law be kept or trashed ?
Keep it and pass it around to the rest of the states.
86.67%
it needs to go, its unconstitutional
13.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Raising Arizona

Old 04-29-2010, 08:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Raising Arizona

so whats everyone think about the new law..is it a keeper, or should we throw it back?
should it be in every state?
Old 04-29-2010, 08:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

If a police officer stops someone for speeding who doesnt have a valid drivers license and who only speaks Spanish, I would have hoped that there would already be protocols in place to make sure that there are inquiries about that person's legal status in the U.S. So, this is not something new and astonishing to me. As long as it is occuring within the context of lawful contacts and LEO's are punished for abusing the law, i have no problem with it.
Old 04-29-2010, 09:11 AM
Typical Buck

I think the courts will overturn this law on fairly narrow technical grounds. Immigration issues are a part of Foreign Policy and the states are not permitted under the Constitution to engage in Foreign Policy which is the sole purview of the Federal Government. In fact the first U.S. Government agency created was the Department of State in 1789 and the Secretary of State is the senior member of the Cabinet so this principle goes back to the founding of our country. By passing an immigration law, Arizona will likely be found by the courts to be intruding on the sovereign powers of the President and the Secretary of State to conduct U.S. Foreign Policy.
Old 04-29-2010, 09:15 AM
Boone & Crockett

Everybody is filing suits against this law, so no matter what, it is gonna probably be fast-tracked to the Supreme Court. In the meantime, we have other reactions such as the folks who are advocating boycotting purchases of Arizona brand iced tea even though it is not actually made in the state.
Old 04-29-2010, 03:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

lol boycott the tea, thats funny stuff there.
Old 04-29-2010, 04:01 PM
Boone & Crockett

I wish Texas had the *@lls to do the same.
Old 04-29-2010, 04:36 PM
Boone & Crockett

AZ bit the bullet and did what the federal government has refused to do for 50 years. i sincerely do hope that it is contagious: If 10-15 states were to pass legislation like AZ did the pukes who run things in DC might get the message.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

I agree 100 percent. The feds will let things slide and then give amnesty to every one of the thieving scumbags that are here against our laws.
Old 04-30-2010, 02:42 AM
Typical Buck

Here is the problem with the whole thing. Its appears to be pointed more at the Mexican illegals than any other people. I know it will effect ALL people here illegally but lets face it after the shooting people are pissed. Remember are country is made up of a good number of Latinos and that will directly effect any bill and influence in Washington.
Old 04-30-2010, 03:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

It would seem simple, but I don't think it will be.

Aside from jurisdictional questions, it carries the same smell as the question of national ID cards that came up a few years back. We had board members back to who were quick to promote the idea of "checkpoints" across America to stop citizens for the purposes of "showing your papers."

"What is reasonable suspicion that someone is an illegal immigrant?" might be considered a responsible question. Can you just look at someone and decide they 'look suspicious?" Who cannot see the potential for abuse of power therein? After 911 we had a similar move to quickly set up a number of "security measures" that might remove freedoms and rights also. A heated discussion on that subject took place within this forum.

Be careful what you wish for. "Promoting safety" is the same reason the gun grabbers use.

I'm first in line for walling off the border and stopping illegal immigration somehow, but I think we'll need to find a way to do it that is not in any way arbitrary. We have too many fine, law-biding Americans of Hispanic descent to allow anything that will impede upon their rights as US citizens.

I do think it is very good that Arizona is attempting to do this now, even if it is struck down. The timing is perfect to get Americans to consider the border problems and it comes in the wake of rumors of "amnesty" discussions.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.