Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Screw the 10th amendment.  Watch out Arizona, Daddy is watching you. >

Screw the 10th amendment. Watch out Arizona, Daddy is watching you.

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Screw the 10th amendment. Watch out Arizona, Daddy is watching you.

Old 04-23-2010, 11:14 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Screw the 10th amendment. Watch out Arizona, Daddy is watching you.

http://www.politico.com/politico44/p...cf15518e1.html

President Obama said Friday that his administration is keeping an eye on the impact of legislation passed in Arizona that would allow state police officers to check the documents of people they suspect are living in the United States illegally.

Obama said he has told members of his administration to “closely monitor the situation and examine the civil rights and other implications of this legislation.”

"Our failure to act responsibly at the federal level will only open the door to irresponsibility by others," Obama said at a naturalization ceremony for service members. "That includes, for example, the recent efforts in Arizona, which threaten to undermine basic notions of fairness that we cherish as Americans, as well as the trust between police and their communities that is so crucial to keeping us safe."

He added, “If we continue to fail to act at a federal level, we will continue to see misguided efforts opening up around the country.”
Old 04-23-2010, 03:07 PM
Dominant Buck

"That includes, for example, the recent efforts in Arizona, which threaten to undermine basic notions of fairness that we cherish as Americans, as well as the trust between police and their communities that is so crucial to keeping us safe."
What about the basic notion of obey the law? Why isn't respect for the law the very minimum we should expect from people? Don't we like the fact we don't live in a war zone like other countries?
Old 04-23-2010, 03:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

bho would love to destroy what is left of states rights. The Federal government was given very little power by the founding fathers because they knew local power of the people was the key to a free nation. Over the years, we have allowed the feds to do a complete flip flop of the constitution. The county sheriff should be the most powerful person in government if the power is left to the people.
Old 04-23-2010, 03:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

What's most concerning about this statement is that something a state might do is "misguided". On the other hand, the federal magic wand is waved, and all becomes right with the world?

Seems one side of the argument just talks, the other side was finally pushed to act.
Old 04-23-2010, 04:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Does this mean I'll have to do my own landscaping?
Old 04-23-2010, 04:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by emptyquiver2 View Post
probably....
Old 04-23-2010, 04:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by emptyquiver2 View Post
Nah...I'm still in business...for now anyway...
Old 04-23-2010, 05:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

jeepkid, you come with documentation, I dont want to get busted just for having you spread some peat moss around .
Old 04-24-2010, 11:40 AM
Boone & Crockett

homers brother. That is what set me off again on this goon squad, without even trying it, he has declared any effort by the states to control this federal government mess, is misguided? That is exactly what he did when he said about the police a while back, " I don't have all of the facts, but the police acted stupidly " He has not learned a damn thing or is totally arrogant. I think it is both.
Old 04-24-2010, 01:44 PM
Super Moderator

It's both.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.