Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
SEAL Acquited By Court-Martial >

SEAL Acquited By Court-Martial

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

SEAL Acquited By Court-Martial

Old 04-23-2010, 04:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Actually, it's fairly common for an administrative punishment to be offered as an option to courts-martial.

Typically, someone who takes the administrative punishment (letter or reprimand, etc.) is also someone who has at least a glimmer of concern that they did do wrong, and who'd prefer being drummed out of the service to "breaking rocks".

Those who opt for the court-martial are typically those who know they've done nothing wrong, or simply know that the prosecution can't put the case together that they can with administrative punishment.

Administrative punishment isn't always career-ending. However, if you're an officer or senior noncom, you'll most likely be part of the civilian workforce much sooner than you might have wanted to.

Last edited by homers brother; 04-23-2010 at 03:31 PM.
Old 04-23-2010, 06:41 AM
Super Moderator

Thank you. That makes complete sense and I concur with their thinking and concerns. I would not wish to tarnish nor risk my career either. Although I served 3 years in the Marine Corps, I did not get into a position where I would have learned the finer points of discipline. I was thinking in terms of criminal law outside of the service where a plea bargain is often offered for a weaker case. Quite a different situation and longer term consequences from your logical explanation. Thanks again.
Old 04-23-2010, 11:43 AM
Boone & Crockett

Crap like this has been going on since the very beginning in the Middle East and cant be good for morale. My Father had a major meltdown several years ago when they pressed charges on the one Marine who was involved in house-to-house fighting and shot a wounded insurgent whom he presumed to still be a threat. Of course, he was involved in combat in Vietnam (1963) before it becamse too politicized and he said that under current rules of engagement he would have thrown down his rifle and refused to go into combat. Of course he is getting much more short tempered in his old age, so i take that with a grain of salt.
Old 04-24-2010, 03:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's a load of BS. It seems to me that blood spurting from his mouth after a punch in the gut would mean very serious injury requiring medical treatment. Remember Houdini?

Glad to see the Seal guys are getting justice. Keeping my fingers crossed for the last guy.
Old 04-24-2010, 05:11 AM
Boone & Crockett

Duh, aren't we supposed to kill the enemy? What the He%$.. They capture Americans and cut their head off, I say and eye for and eye and slit the freaking rag heads throats like the dogs they are!!
Yes you might detect a little animosity, I was involved in a situation in Viet Nam.. But my country didn't throw me out to the dogs, but then again back then we had American Presidents.