Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Should a President play golf while the country suffers? >

Should a President play golf while the country suffers?

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Should a President play golf while the country suffers?

Old 04-20-2010, 08:01 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Should a President play golf while the country suffers?

I have been reading all the grumblings about Obama playing golf after his flight to Poland was canceled. Many say he needs a break, while others point out he has played more golf in his first year, than most presidents do their whole term. I thought that has got to be partisan bickering. I tried to find evidence of this and all I found was Obama has played 32 rounds of golf so far (14 months) compared to Bush who played 24 rounds in 8 years. I understand the need to relax, especially when you are in a high stress job. What do you think?

Last edited by burniegoeasily; 04-20-2010 at 08:16 AM.
Old 04-20-2010, 08:19 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by burniegoeasily View Post
I have been reading all the grumblings about Obama playing golf after his flight to Poland was canceled. Many say he needs a break, while others point out he has played more golf in his first year, than most presidents do their whole term. I thought that has got to be partisan bickering. I tried to find evidence of this and all I found was Obama has played 32 rounds of golf so far (14 months) compared to Bush who played 24 rounds in 8 years. I understand the need to relax, especially when you are in a high stress. What do you think?
Yeah, but, Bush spent 7 years 341 days on vacation, so, spending the other 24 days on the golf course was still a bit much. [/sarcasm]
Old 04-20-2010, 08:26 AM
Fork Horn

Well,hell let him stay on the golf course maybe thats one way to keep him from screwing things up in the oval.LOL
Old 04-20-2010, 08:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

That's what I was thinking, the more he plays golf the less time he has to screw things up..
Old 04-20-2010, 08:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by wvnimrod View Post
Well,hell let him stay on the golf course maybe thats one way to keep him from screwing things up in the oval.LOL
That's what I'm thinking...the more he's NOT working the better...
Old 04-20-2010, 09:18 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by The Rev View Post
That's what I was thinking, the more he plays golf the less time he has to screw things up..
I see it this way; He might as well play golf, because Pelosi and Reid have been doing all the work, or I should say damage, by themselves. Obama just asks where to sign when they are done.
Old 04-20-2010, 01:58 PM
Super Moderator

I think some media people have too much time on their hands. I don't think that's an excessive amount of golf although I do see the wisdom of having him play more golf and hopefully have less time to spend more of our money.
Old 04-20-2010, 02:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

What I found...

Prior to September 11, 2001, George W. Bush was on vacation for 96 days -- Given that he’d taken office on January 20th of 2001, that means that as of September 11th, he’d been ‘on the job’ for 234 days. If 96 of those were vacation days, he was on vacation 41% of the time.
Old 04-20-2010, 03:15 PM
Super Moderator

Out of curiosity, did they count weekends as part of those 96 days?
Old 04-20-2010, 03:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by salukipv1 View Post
What I found...

Prior to September 11, 2001, George W. Bush was on vacation for 96 days -- Given that hed taken office on January 20th of 2001, that means that as of September 11th, hed been on the job for 234 days. If 96 of those were vacation days, he was on vacation 41% of the time.
Funny, funny, funny... I do believe that you have the audacity to compare Barry with George! Now that's funny, you should be a comedian, because that is classic!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.