Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
What is your "Hot Button" issue? >

What is your "Hot Button" issue?

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

What is your "Hot Button" issue?

Old 04-02-2010, 02:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default What is your "Hot Button" issue?

I noticed that the abortion thread got people posting a in short order. Abortion must be a hot button issue for many of us.

My hot button issue is the illegal aliens and there employers.
Think about it they work in the U.S.A. do not have any insurance (medical or auto) They do not have any taxes with held from there pay check (workmans comp, social security, state or federal tax) Then we pay for there medical treatment if they need it because it is the right thing to do.

I would like to deport 100% of all illegal aliens. I would issue a blank warning to all employers effective May-1st 2010 any and all employers of illegal aliens will face a heavy fine and a manditory prison sentence of 10-years.

I think this would in short order cure over 90% of the immigration problems.
Old 04-02-2010, 02:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Right with you with regards to illegals, its bad in the US and its got bad here too. We need to deport all of them ASAP.
Old 04-02-2010, 02:32 PM
Typical Buck

Default Wolf Killer

I started a thread "Workers comp/Don't ask Don't tell?" on 15MAR with a article. That is a real sore subject w/ me, along w/ Health care fraud & abuse....I feel VERY strongly about both.
Old 04-02-2010, 04:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

Representatives that do not represent the people who elected them and care nothing about anything except their own D*^# party.
Old 04-02-2010, 06:20 PM
Typical Buck

It goes in this order for me.

1. Civil liberties and the US Constitution (its being re-written)
2. Economy (jobs)
3. Health care (being rammed down our throats)
4. Illegals (why in the World are we supporting them?)
4. Abortion (just plain upsets me)
6. Foreign policy (now that we are basically done apologizing to the World)

7. Really not liking the current de facto president. But this actually floats all over the list when I am really in a bad mood.

Thanks Obamalamadingdong! for making me one PO'ed American!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and BTW I won't or ever forget come November and neither will anyone else.
Old 04-02-2010, 07:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good list everyone let keep it growing. I am on board with everyone that has been listed.
Old 04-02-2010, 08:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Anybody who picks on priests. These men set themselves aside and forsake the secular signs of success to answer God's call & shepherd His people. And I have no sense of humor regarding "priests are predators" types of jokes. Fact is, kids are safer in the Catholic Church than they are @ protestant churches, schools, hospitals, etc... And our current pontiff has done more to heal the wounds of the past & prevent further damage than any pope in history, despite the half-truths you'll get from the anti-Catholic media.
Old 04-02-2010, 09:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

I am against the Tax and Spend obsession of Democrats. This may sound like two issues, but in my mind it is one issue. There are more things that are arguably worth spending money on than there is money. This realization compels one to recognize spending limits and choosing to prioritize what one spends on. This spending discipline allows for keeping taxes low which allows the economy to grow faster than if taxes were higher. The Democrats are the flip-side of this. They pizz away money profligately and this drives them to try to find ways to raise revenues through various taxes. Reining in "tax and spend" habit also tends to keep government small, which again is an important issue for me.

This isn't my only issue, just my #1 priority. Second amendment is pretty high up there.

Another issue which I have that I find no politician -- Democrat or Republican -- speaks to is what I consider to be an excess of foreign committments. We used to be an isolationist nation. OK, I accept that we can't return to isolationism, but how about dialing it back 1/3 or 1/4? Can we contemplate releasing our base in the Phillipenes? Can we get our troops out of South Korea? How much money would that save our government? On the flip-side of the coin, maybe with South Korea having to divert more of its national wealth to self-defense, corporations like Samsung and Hyundai and Kia wouldn't be kicking our ass in business so much? But as I say, this appears to be my private issue that no politician is on board with or interested in discussing. I accept that.
Old 04-02-2010, 10:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

The hot button issue for me right now is that we have a President who might have possibly been born in Hawaii, but he is in no wise American. You don't apologize for something you are ashamed of, and you don't change something unless you don't like what it already is. The POTUS is supposed to be a steward of our constitution, and an ambassador of the rich heritage that our country represents. Not dismantle it and remake the country into something he approves of.

This seriously makes me sick.

C. Davis

Last edited by C. Davis; 04-02-2010 at 10:43 PM.
Old 04-03-2010, 04:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

the designated hitter rule.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.