Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Shredding Their Bash on Texas >

Shredding Their Bash on Texas

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Shredding Their Bash on Texas

Old 03-13-2010, 02:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Shredding Their Bash on Texas

A friend of mines dad is on Facebook with me, and he constantly posts links to very liberal stuff, and i often ignore it trying to be kind to those with a less firm grasp on whats going on in the world. But when i saw the title "This is why i avoid Texas like the plague" followed by this link: http://thinkprogress.org/2010/03/12/...its-textbooks/ I was fed up, and i thought y'all would enjoy my response, and yes i live in Liberal California, and went to one of the most liberal high schools, and am now at one of the worst colleges for people with my political viewpoints(libertarian).

It is websites like this that make you guys believe falsely of a people you do not know, understand, or have a right to judge.... Here i will rip apart this article for you using my CALIFORNIA education as my premise, and basis of argument.

– To avoid exposing students to “transvestites, transsexuals and who knows what else,” the Board struck the curriculum’s reference to “sex and gender as social constructs.”

In high school Sex Ed. all we learned about was heterosexuals and how to prevent STDs for heterosexual couplings. Did they tell us how to avoid anything for homosexuals? Nope, they left that for a social construct lesson, where they were placed on the social group list

– The Board removed Thomas Jefferson from the Texas curriculum, “replacing him with religious right icon John Calvin.”

Wait. You mean the fact that in an American History class we were supposed to learn about Jefferson?!? My class glanced over Jefferson, but had a full lesson on Calvin.

– The Board refused to require that “students learn that the Constitution prevents the U.S. government from promoting one religion over all others.”

No school requires this, for it is kinda not the most important thing from the constitution, more likely to be covered is the freedom of speech and press, which allows articles like this to appear that shine someone, or someplace, in a bad light for other reason then to make people dislike a certain people

– The Board struck the word “democratic” from the description of the U.S. government, instead terming it a “constitutional republic.”

Nowhere in a our constitution is the word "democrat" or any variation there of mentioned. We are a REPUBLIC.

Oh and looking through the comments i saw one that was voted down because people did not like it, out of curiousity i clicked the link to see what it read, and it was voted down simply because it was someone supporting the Texas that the article refers to, how is this persons right to speak less then the others who were commenting: "finally a movement toward the truth about our great nation. john calvin was the glenn beck of his day. thank god for texas."
Old 03-13-2010, 06:14 AM
Boone & Crockett

No true!! Content of text books are currently over review in Texas, but only to remove historical mentioning of God, the libs will lose. Texas is not Liberal like the land of Fruits and Nutz where you live.
Old 03-13-2010, 10:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wont argue that California isnt crazy, we have some sane people here, but not enough. I woke up this morning to see if the guy responded to my post to find out the guy deleted me rather than debate with someone with a different view point
Old 03-13-2010, 11:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

As a fellow libertarian dont be afraid to stand your ground. The truth is usually on your side and makes your arguments a lot easier. Facts and actual history beat emotion and revisionist history every time.
Old 03-15-2010, 04:41 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by huntnteen View Post
I wont argue that California isnt crazy, we have some sane people here, but not enough. I woke up this morning to see if the guy responded to my post to find out the guy deleted me rather than debate with someone with a different view point
I wish all of those people who don't like Texas and plague California would move back to New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Connecticut and Maryland (OOPS, this'll tick some folks off!!!) where they came from!! I've been here long enough to remember when it was a GOOD place to live. Oh, and enjoy Humbolt State, (I assume from your description) you would be better off at USC or San Diego.
Old 03-16-2010, 05:10 AM
Typical Buck

I wish Texas would SUCCEED from the United States.

That state costs the US taxpayers more money defending some border that has absolutely no impact on me. Along with Billions of other Fed dollars spent there. Probably one of the most expensive states in the US.

Really!!!! GET THE HECK OUT!!!!
Old 03-16-2010, 05:11 AM
Typical Buck

huntnteen

BE VERY CAREFUL. You might just get deleted!!
Old 03-16-2010, 05:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

The term is spelled SECEDE. You should hobby up on crossword puzzles.
Old 03-16-2010, 06:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by WillPA View Post
I wish Texas would SUCCEED from the United States.

That state costs the US taxpayers more money defending some border that has absolutely no impact on me. Along with Billions of other Fed dollars spent there. Probably one of the most expensive states in the US.

Really!!!! GET THE HECK OUT!!!!

this will fix the border...lmao..not

we spend more money cause we have more land than 80% of the rest of the states..( halfbakedi420 did not do any math here, and is merely guessing.)

i dont know bout what they are changing in the skool bookz, but they just need to get rid of the whole religious aspect all together.

maybe you should wright the book, and see how much of what you put in it is criticized. i imagine what you would write would only be a flyer, not a book.
Old 03-16-2010, 11:35 AM
Typical Buck

halfbaked.....

You stike up a very interesting point. I have had a discussion with some good Republican friends of mine regarding Liberalism, Conservatism, Democrat, Republican and they have convinced me that I am not a liberal. I just don't think that way. I AM A DEMOCRAT and proud of it. I couldn't agree more about school books. i don't want some two bit druggy bumb that calls himself religious up there teaching my kids his religion. Keep that to me and my wife and our Catholic church.

I have voted that way for the past 28+ years while keeping only a few things as a constant.

In order

1. I would never ever ever vote for someone that is part of the religious right that is going to try and SAVE me or interject their BS or whatever they call it into my life or my family's life. Most of the RR are hypocrits that are full of hatred and born again out of a dark and ugly past that at the root of it are still that same person with those same problems. They become born again mostly because they are weak and need someone else to lead them down a path and the guy with the bible was the next one that showed up. Religion is dangerous and will probably always be the #1 reason I am a democrat. Too much religion in the govenment is very dangerous. WHAT IF THEY ARE WRONG AND THIS IS IT and we are making decisions about the future of the US based upon hocus pocus(SP?).

2. Fiscal responsibility. I have only seen for the past 40+ years Republicand drive this country into the financial toilet. From Reagan to the Bush's they love to spend big money on their big business friends and I am sick of it. From Reagan with his Trillions on Missle defense to the Bush's with their worthless Trillion dollar wars that we will pay for more than health will ever dream of.

Gotta go for the rest of the week. So have fun and enjoy the spring. I know I will!!!!

BTW I made at least 60 calls to my Senator and Congressman trying to impress upon them the need to ignore the special interests and the Reps and do what is right for America.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.