Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
GOOGLE NEWS     coldest summer on record >

GOOGLE NEWS coldest summer on record

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

GOOGLE NEWS coldest summer on record

Old 09-21-2009, 09:36 AM
Banned

Default GOOGLE NEWS coldest summer on record

Do it - google search news keyword " coldest summer on record "

What do you find?

If it was record hot, the global warming fanatics would be out in swarms. It isn't, in fact its just opposite ...... where is the reporting on it?

Old 09-21-2009, 09:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

What I've heard, from several places, is that the last decade has been considerably cooler -- well off the pace that would be needed to support the "global warming caused by human beings" zealotry. And that isn't reported in the media much either. What these zealots have done is define a period of time of about 30 years as being the minimum window to apprehend "climate change." This 30 year window shows a warming over recent time -- probably including the last 10 years with the preceeding 20 years -- and these zealots just brush off any questions about the last 10 years, which shows a very clear cooling trend. In my view, if the last 10 years are associated with a substantial increase in CO2 emissions -- and I assume this is true as China and India develop coal fired electrical power generation plants in great haste -- it is incompatible with the zealots explanations that global temperatures would trend down strongly over this same 10 years.
Old 09-21-2009, 10:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not one 90 degree day here this summer. The hottest day was April 27th!! I feel cheated! I want my global warming!!!!!
Old 09-21-2009, 10:36 AM
Typical Buck

You mean this, the warmest temps worldwide on record?
Here's the reporting you ignored because it proves you wrong. I heard this report last week, as soon as it was released.

LOL,

You just did the wrong search - search "warmest temperatures on record" - not coolest

NOAA: Warmest Global Sea-Surface Temperatures for August and Summer
September 16, 2009

The world’s ocean surface temperature was the warmest for any August on record, and the warmest on record averaged for any June-August (Northern Hemisphere summer/Southern Hemisphere winter) season according to NOAA’s National Climatic Data Center in Asheville, N.C. The preliminary analysis is based on records dating back to 1880.

NCDC scientists also reported that the combined average global land and ocean surface temperature for August was second warmest on record, behind 1998. For the June-August 2009 season, the combined global land and ocean surface temperature was third warmest on record.
LOL, you're busted again d-wayne!

Last edited by TexasGulf3; 09-21-2009 at 10:38 AM.
Old 09-21-2009, 10:41 AM
Typical Buck

Many more to post:

Earth's oceans had warmest summer on record
Updated 4d 11h ago
Locally North America had regions of marginal cooling, while the Earth as a whole was warmer with a net heat increase overall.

USA TODAY

MAP: Red dots on this map of the Earth show where above-average temperatures were measured this summer. Blue dots indicate cooler-than-average temperatures. The bigger the dot, the greater the departure from average temperature.

Summer temperatures for the globe's ocean surface ranked as the warmest on record, according to a report released Wednesday by the National Climatic Data Center.
Overall, when the Earth's land areas and oceans are included together, the three-month June-August period measured as the third-warmest summer on record. Global climate records go back to 1880.

Climatologists measure summer from June 1 to Aug. 31. The climate center is a branch of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA).

"During the season, warmer-than-average temperatures engulfed much of the planet's surface," the center wrote in an online report. One exception to the warmth was the north-central USA and central Canada, which had an unusually cool summer due to a persistent trough of low pressure that kept the area cloudy and cool.

The ocean's summer temperature was 62.5 degrees, 1 degree above the 20th-century average of 61.5 degrees.

The cause of the warmth? Deke Arndt, chief of the climate monitoring branch at the climate center, says it's due to a combination of man-made global warming and El Nino, a natural periodic warming of the tropical Pacific Ocean that affects weather around the world. "Each of those is a component in this summer's temperatures, he said.

Last edited by TexasGulf3; 09-21-2009 at 10:43 AM.
Old 09-21-2009, 10:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Al Gore should stick to searching for ManBearPig.
Old 09-21-2009, 10:55 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

The term is no longer "Global Warming", it's "Global Climate Change". Reckon why?

Another question the sheeple can't cope with without their heads exploding is the temperature changes on other planets directly correllating with the temp changes here on Earth--planets where big industries haven't set up shop (or have they??????).

Chad
Old 09-21-2009, 10:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Thats it. Iam tossing my Plasmas and Mac amps.

California Looking to Ban Big Screen TVs
A Semi-News/Semi-Satire from AzConservative ^| 20 September 2009 | John Semmens

Posted on Monday, September 21, 2009 2:18:39 PM by John Semmens

Citing environmental and energy-conservation rationales, the California Energy Commission has served notice that it will ban big screen televisions beginning in the year 2011. “These large screen TVs consume an inordinate amount of energy,” said Commission Chairwoman Karen Douglas. “No one needs their own personal big screen. Generations of Americans got along fine with smaller TVs. In fact, while many alive today may find it hard to believe, there were no TVs in American homes 70 years ago. So, I think our action is far less draconian than it might have been.”
Old 09-21-2009, 11:45 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by LBR View Post
The term is no longer "Global Warming", it's "Global Climate Change". Reckon why?

Another question the sheeple can't cope with without their heads exploding is the temperature changes on other planets directly correllating with the temp changes here on Earth--planets where big industries haven't set up shop (or have they??????).

Chad

Thanks for posting that. And to add to the idea of all planets falling suit, we experienced more solar activity in the 90s and early 2000s than ever on record. Which goes with the studies you are refering too. All planets have seen increased temps. that follow ours.

Let me poss another situation for the greenies to explain; How do you explain the extra amounts of radiant forms of energy hitting the earth? You know, the extra x-ray, microwave, etc. etc.. Are we trapping these forms of energy? Better look up electromagnetic waves before answering.

Last edited by burniegoeasily; 09-21-2009 at 12:49 PM.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:25 PM
Banned

TexasGulf3

Oh I see, the seas are warming but inland we've got cooler weather and more precipitation ?

HOT DAMN! Bring on the global warming then, I'm loving it ! Cooler weather and more rain is a good thing - not a bad thing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.