Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
 Obama said it today! >

Obama said it today!

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Obama said it today!

Old 07-01-2009, 10:14 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Obama said it today!

Obama said the number one problem with healthcare is that more expensive treatment doesn't mean better healthcare. That's code word for denying treatment who don't meet governmentQALY charts. Hey VC, he's solved your complaint about bankruptcy. Just don't allow treatment up front so you die with money still in the bank. His second idea in controling health costs, is controling obesity. Get ready for restrictions in diets across the board and a government mandated excersis schedule.
Old 07-01-2009, 10:23 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Obama said it today!

It would be simple to make gov't healthcare appealing to everyone--just require all federal politicians, especially Congress andthe POTUS and his family, to have to abide by the exact same rules as the rest of us. 'Course that will never happen.

Chad
Old 07-01-2009, 10:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

There you go! Place a tax on excess body fat! Make it a progressive tax, too! The tax is based on how much your BMI score is over the normal range (and I do know how aggressive the BMI scale is with reference to "recommended" body weight).
Old 07-01-2009, 10:55 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Alsatian

There you go! Place a tax on excess body fat! Make it a progressive tax, too! The tax is based on how much your BMI score is over the normal range (and I do know how aggressive the BMI scale is with reference to "recommended" body weight).
Hell no! Then my wife will have more ammo when she complains I hang out at the brewery too much.[:@][][&o]
Old 07-01-2009, 10:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

I think when your FICO score and your body weight match, you are very likely an Obama voter.

The argument seems to be that health care is too expensive, and government will make it cheaper. My biggest fear is thatgovernment will make it cheap, and we will never quit paying for it.

C. Davis
Old 07-01-2009, 11:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

The only way to make it cheaper is to get rid of insurance as we know it. Give me a medical account at work and let me decide where to spend it. Our healthcare system is not broke, but the way we pay for it sure is broke IMO.
Old 07-01-2009, 12:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like the idea of the medical savings accounts as well. The problem with medical unsurance is when people started using it everytime they had a sniffle or a sneeze. Med inurance should be used like car insurance, house insurance, etc.....only when really needed and not everytime someones gas changes odors.
Old 07-01-2009, 02:21 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Fieldmouse

Obama said the number one problem with healthcare is that more expensive treatment doesn't mean better healthcare. That's code word for denying treatment who don't meet governmentQALY charts. Hey VC, he's solved your complaint about bankruptcy. Just don't allow treatment up front so you die with money still in the bank. His second idea in controling health costs, is controling obesity. Get ready for restrictions in diets across the board and a government mandated excersis schedule.
That losershould work on his own health issues before he starts making plans about someone else's weight. Maybe if he quits smoking his own waist line will swell...it happens to lots of others.
He's a real piece of work.

Old 07-02-2009, 04:47 AM
Super Moderator

While I agree with much of what has been said here, its obscene to what the medical industry charges for many if not most procedures and/or programs. For example:

I recently took my wife to the emergency room due to becoming very ill and with excruciating pain. She was sure it was a bout of kidney stones. 2 1/2 hours of laying in the ER coupled with IV's, and including a catscan equaled a $4950 bill. My insurance paid 90% of the costs leaving me with a roughly $450 bill. This doesn't include 4 prescriptions I had to pick up the next morning. How the hell does a one minute catscan cost over $3,100?[&:]
Old 07-02-2009, 05:03 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Cougar Mag

While I agree with much of what has been said here, its obscene to what the medical industry charges for many if not most procedures and/or programs. For example:

I recently took my wife to the emergency room due to becoming very ill and with excruciating pain. She was sure it was a bout of kidney stones. 2 1/2 hours of laying in the ER coupled with IV's, and including a catscan equaled a $4950 bill. My insurance paid 90% of the costs leaving me with a roughly $450 bill. This doesn't include 4 prescriptions I had to pick up the next morning. How the hell does a one minute catscan cost over $3,100?[&:]
Cougar your bill was that amount because the lady in the room right next to your wife was there covered by medicare. The hospital billed the federal government the same amouint but the government paid them less than 3k and said tough luck, make it up on that lady using private insurance. Their good for it.

Quick Reply: Obama said it today!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.