Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
 cap and trade question >

cap and trade question

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

cap and trade question

Old 06-26-2009, 05:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default cap and trade question

Assume that Cap and Trade does pass and becomes law and more regulations are imposed etc... etc...

What would happen if the energy companies, car companies, etc... that own the power plants, the power grids, the power lines, the manufacturing facilities, etc... etc... said screw you congress and your cap and trade? Screw your regulations, we know that all of this regulation is a bunch of crap and we will not abide.

I know the money goes a lot deeper than our local electric companies but it seems to me that if the companies had some balls there isn't much that any one could do about it aside from bringing in tanks and air support.
Old 06-26-2009, 06:12 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: cap and trade question

i retired from a large utility company. they can do as we did in a large city. neighborhood would not let us open up a generator station that had been idled for a few years. demand got so high, that we could not buy enough electricity to furnish all of our needs. we decided to reopen the power plant-they filed lawsuits and kept us from reopening it. so, brownouts started all over the city. would brown out a section in the city for an hour--then brown out that neighborhood--brown out another section of the city for an hour--brown out that neighborhood for an hour. took 2 days,but they begged us to restart and operate the generator plant!! cost too much to produce power--brown out Washington, D.C.!!! they would get the message!! would probably try to take over the utility company, but they would get the message--don't mess with the lites-they can go out on you. oh-a good operator can make it look like an accidental overload. been done before
Old 06-26-2009, 06:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you increase the Megavars and put more voltage to the Bus. You will get a phone call from Power Control in a nano second. Your career is over period. A good operator is responsible for the equipment, the lives of the people under him and Federal and State regulations. If you screw up once....your history.
Old 06-26-2009, 08:09 PM
Fork Horn

if it's sanctioned from above, as was in our case, you are in more trouble for not throwing the switch than for doing it. in over 33 yrs, i saw things come down from above that we would have been fired for doing, but it was sanctioned, so, it was done. only time i ever got into trouble was when i turned power off to a customer that made a big deal about going solar. got state TV and local radio coverage when he filed a harassment lawsuit against me for taking his service wire when he turned himself back on using jumpers. removed his neighbor's meter and service when he tied into his service. company wouldn't supply me with lawyer because they weren't named in the suit and were afraid they would be drawn in if they supplied me a lawyer. judge read the lawsuit and thru it out and told him to never appear in his courtroom again. then complimented me on a job well done.

and a good operator can make a breaker trip, an interrupter switch lock out, gang switches to fail, several things to kill a circuit feeding the congressional houses. not that i'm saying that's the thing to do, or volunteering to do it--i'm out of that whole show now!!
Old 06-26-2009, 08:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

If that were to happen can you say Iminent Domain? We are past the point of ethics and following the constitution now.
Old 06-27-2009, 07:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

Iminent domain??? What are they going to do? Tear down a power plant to build a Wal Mart?

Is Congress going to march in and run the power plant(s) themselves if it was decided by the companies that are "too big to fail" that they have had enough of their BS?

If GM, Ford, Chrysler all said screw you Congress and your CARB standards. Is congress going to march into hundreds of manufacturing facilities across the US and start building cars and trucks? Does the military know how to build cars and trucks?
Old 06-27-2009, 07:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Companies are never too big to fail.

If the demand is there a new company will develop to fill the need.

Is it not " we the people " that are in charge?
Old 06-27-2009, 07:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

Is it not " we the people " that are in charge?
That's the point of this thread.

We the people run the power plants
We the people build the vehicles
We the people insure the people
We the people run the tractor trailor lines
We the people farm this country
We the people build our firearms and ammo
We the people operate the air lines
We the people operate the rail lines

We the people do everything in this country!

We the people are in a lot more control than we want to believe.

Do we the people even need congress?
Old 06-27-2009, 08:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bigbulls
Do we the people even need congress?
NOPE!!
Old 06-27-2009, 09:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigbulls

Is Congress going to march in and run the power plant(s) themselves if it was decided by the companies that are "too big to fail" that they have had enough of their BS?

That is exactly what they would do! If you think they are not above seizing private propoerty now you are wrong. O know you've watched the news lately. Since when would the Constitution or the Bill or Rights stop them on something?

Quick Reply: cap and trade question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.