Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
 Great Quotes from Great minds >

Great Quotes from Great minds

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Great Quotes from Great minds

Old 06-05-2009, 01:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Great Quotes from Great minds

1993 Stimulas Bill

Rep. Dick Armey (R-TX), CNN, 8/2/93:
Clearly this is a job killer in the short run. The revenues forecast for this budget will not materialize; the costs of this budget will be greater than what is forecast. The deficit will be worse, and it is not a good omen for the American economy.
Rep. Newt Gingrich (R-GA), GOP Press Conference, House TV Gallery, 8/5/93:
I believe this will lead to a recession next year. This is the Democrat machine's recession, and each one of them will be held personally accountable.
Rep. Deborah Pryce (R-OH), 5/27/93:
The votes we will take today will not be soon forgotten by the American voter. (They) will lead to more taxes, higher inflation, and slower economic growth.
Rep. Jim Bunning (R-KY), 8/5/93:
It will not cut the deficit. It will not create jobs. And it will not cut spending.
What followed we know now was one of the greatest growth of our times. Great call This is why I laugh when you guys post "what will happen", truth is none of us know.
Old 06-05-2009, 01:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Great Quotes from Great minds

So, I suppose the Dem politicians don't say crap like that to their "followers"? As far as I'm concerned, most all politicians are liars and scoundrels.
Old 06-05-2009, 01:44 PM
F3d
Banned

Wrong thread...
Old 06-05-2009, 01:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know theres little chance of another dot.com bubble any time soon.
Old 06-05-2009, 03:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: bugsNbows

So, I suppose the Dem politicians don't say crap like that to their "followers"? As far as I'm concerned, most all politicians are liars and scoundrels.
Exactly

If Newt runs, I will be working in his campaign, I disagree with him on a few issues, but I do like his message and poltics for the most part.
Old 06-06-2009, 03:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

When did the world end without me knowing it? It aint over till it's over and a spike in something is only good as long as it isn't a nail in a coffin.

"we now know" Do we now?Must be how live stock feels just before going to market.
Old 06-06-2009, 06:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

Old 06-07-2009, 04:09 AM
Boone & Crockett

It is fitting that three of those quoted above are no longer in the US congress.

Between 2001 and 2004, Pryce reported holding 10 fundraisers at Abramoff's Washington restaurant, the now-closed Signatures, out of a total of 55 reported by members of Congress.
The momentum of the Republican Revolution stalled in late 1995 and early 1996 as a result of a budget fight between Congressional Republicans and President Bill Clinton. Speaker Gingrich and the new Republican majority wanted to slow the rate of government spending. Gingrich allowed previously approved appropriations to expire on schedule, thus allowing parts of the Federal government to shut down for lack of funds. However, Gingrich inflicted a blow to his public image by seeming to suggest that the Republican hard-line stance over the budget was in part due to his feeling "snubbed" by the President the day before following his return from Yitzhak Rabin's funeral in Israel. Gingrich was lampooned by some in the media, and at least one editorial cartoon depicted him as having thrown a temper tantrum.[22] Democratic leaders took the opportunity to attack Gingrich's motives for the budget standoff, which may have contributed to Clinton's re-election in November 1996.[23][24]
Tom DeLay recounts the event in his book, No Retreat, No Surrender, that Gingrich "made the mistake of his life" and says the following of Gingrich's mis-step of the shutdown:[25]

[blockquote]"He told a room full of reporters that he forced the shutdown because Clinton had rudely made him and Bob Dole sit at the back of Air Force One...Newt had been careless to say such a thing, and now the whole moral tone of the shutdown had been lost. What had been a noble battle for fiscal sanity began to look like the tirade of a spoiled child..The revolution, I can tell you, was never the same."
[/blockquote]
Old 06-07-2009, 04:52 AM
Dominant Buck

Better check your facts germ. Greatest growth?
Old 06-07-2009, 07:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

The best thing the 1993 tax bill, and the Brady billbrought us wasthe 1994 Republican revolution. Imagine how the economy would have grown with the computer age blossoming the way it did, without the tax increases in 1993. If you want to see the downturn and the start of the recession at the end of the 90's, it begins to show when the government put a target on Microsoft charging them with monopoly practices in 1998.

"You grow the economy by unleashing unfetteredentrepreneurial opportunity. Not by over taxing money, and business before it has had a chance to grow."
C. Davis June 7, 2009

"The only chance we have to pay back this debt is two fold.
Grow the economy, and Cut spending."
C. Davis June 7, 2009

"Growing the economy requires the fuel to do so. That fuel is oil."
C. Davis June 7, 2009

C. Davis

Quick Reply: Great Quotes from Great minds

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.