Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
 Dan rant!!!!!! >

Dan rant!!!!!!

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Dan rant!!!!!!

Old 04-22-2009, 08:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Dan rant!!!!!!

I just listened to our congressmen debate cap and trade/tax.I would wager a bet that they have never been inside a power plant.We are regulated to no end,we cant do anything without epa approval.It is just sickening to hear what they say.If CO2 is so bad we need to stop breathing,luanching space shuttle's,mowing our yards,bar-b-gue,buring leafs,ect.... This isjust obsurd all of our electric bills will increase by 45% min. Our food prices will increase,your fuel will increase.

I know a better way ... give the power plants tax breaks to lower the emmisions ,they will respond without passing a bill.Why if we charge does it go away.What are they thinking??? Not a well known iteam is that the wind energy has a set price on it and it is 4 times higher then our coal price.But we have to have renewable energy on our grid so we are forced to buy it.That is ridiculous!!! that is our gov. at work.ThingGod for al gore.Come on America wake up we haqve to make a stand.Repubs.and dems alike.
Just remember China and India wont do this cause it will harm there economy --- they get it why cant our Gov.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Dan rant!!!!!!

Sorry I skipped around it just irritates me!!
Old 04-22-2009, 08:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

True. Obama wants to make alternatives competitive with fossil fuels by jacking up the cost of fossil fuels instead of lowering the cost of alternatives. However, hewas finally told by someone with half a brain that utilities would simply pass the cost on to ratepayers since they are legitimate expenses that regulatory commissions will buy off on. Consequently,ratepayer utility bills will skyrocket at a time whenthe economy is already in bad shape, and when utility bills have already been jacked up tremendously over the past several years. This would bode poorly for democrats at the voting booths in 2010, so Obama backed off his scheme. Enter theEPA, now apparentlymandating the policy, so Obama is off the hook and doesn't have to receive blame for the scheme that has his full support.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Pres.Hussein Obama will find when people can't pay there bills he will still get blamed.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

If energy made friends with the people instead of taking them for everything they can the government wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

The people are just settleing for the least opressive task master, wether it be government or the market. The market which should be educated, isn't. Government never loses in a fight like that.

The market at every turn forces the people to the government, they are morons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Their crys of foul are the most pathetic ever uttered. They live off of carnage unless it's them. It's like mold crying how terrible mold is. Patheticaly hillarios!

I'm just the average guy raising a family the best I can. Someone comes along and robs me, fine, but that same someone gets robbed and expects me to get excited and do something about it! It's so pathetic I can't but help laugh histericaly. Kiss my ...
Old 04-22-2009, 11:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

I may reconsider :
a: installing a 9.5 Kw solar power generating system in my home
b: installing a properly sized natural gas powered generator
c: if possible, installation of Geothermal temperature regulation for my home

I'll be selling power back to the company, and be completely off their grid...no power from the goobs, no
taxes for scumbag obama....now all I need is 200k to blow on this fantasy...
Old 04-22-2009, 02:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bergall

I may reconsider :

I'll be selling power back to the company, and be completely off their grid...no power from the goobs, no
Could you get an Obama Grant for greenie development?
Old 04-22-2009, 03:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Canuck_Buck

I may reconsider :

well that's the point now, isn't it ? THere is no government grant for INDIVIDUALS wanting to go off the grid.
They're looking to COMPEL power companies to purchase power produced by 'green' technology at 4 times the cost, rather than to encourage individual power generation. I wouild think LOTS of people would buy systems that were subsidized in an effort cut energy bills.....
Old 04-22-2009, 06:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you plan on generating your own power and selling off KW's to your power supplier, you are not off the grid. If your Amish, you are off the grid.
Old 04-23-2009, 01:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Canuck_Buck

I may reconsider :

well that's the point now, isn't it ? THere is no government grant for INDIVIDUALS wanting to go off the grid.
They're looking to COMPEL power companies to purchase power produced by 'green' technology at 4 times the cost, rather than to encourage individual power generation. I wouild think LOTS of people would buy systems that were subsidized in an effort cut energy bills.....
this is not my area of expertise, but i had dinner with a guy from jersey last night. he told me that, at least in jersey, the tax breaks available to the consumer actually make jersey one of the only states in the union where solar is actually cost-effective for homeowners (when you factor in the credits, the cost per kilowatt is less than purchasing off the grid). there are allegedly a handful of home depots throughout the state that explain the process, and do a soup-to-nuts (financing, turn key installation, explanation of tax credits, etc) installation. if you're interested, might wanna check it out.

here in PA, we just burn baby seals for heat.

Quick Reply: Dan rant!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.