Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
 Easy come, easy go.  Bear bounce last week. >

Easy come, easy go. Bear bounce last week.

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Easy come, easy go. Bear bounce last week.

Old 04-07-2009, 11:09 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Easy come, easy go. Bear bounce last week.

[/align]DJIA
7,777.77 -198.08
-2.48%

[/align]NASDAQ
1,561.50 -45.21
-2.81%[/align][/align]S&P 500
816.33 -19.15
-2.29%[/align][/align][/align]Im feeling stimulated, thanks for spending our kids money Obama.[/align]
Old 04-07-2009, 11:58 AM
Banned

Default RE: Easy come, easy go. Bear bounce last week.

I want to see sub-7000 DOW by months end

I've got $20,000-$30,000 to invest and want to buy as low as I can
Old 04-08-2009, 06:06 AM

Stealthy, I don't know about 6000 by the end of the month, but certainly by June it will go sub-6000. I still wouldn't buy even then. 6000 isn't the bottom. You may see some rise and fall between 6000 and 8000 over the next 2 years, but when Obama hits his 3rd year is when you will really see it tank. That's probably when PM's will take off in a ridiculous manner.

If you want to know what our markets will look like, research the market history for the Carter administration, then put exponents on the highs for commodities and lows for paper stocks. You can make money in a bear market, you just have to be more careful. Any fool can make money in a bull market, and there's still lots of them out there. Wait until the market goes Darwinian on the bull market day-trader types and removes them from the field.

I'm also waiting on the government to lay off private business. If they don't, I'll never go back to stocks. If this card-check, free-choice union BS passes, you can write American companies like Wal-Mart off. Then you can watch the entire economy follow them into the abyss. You'll get your sub 6000 Dow then.

You can get into gold pretty cheaply right now (don't buy paper, only physical PM's) and silver isn't looking too bad, either. I was hoping to get silver at around 11, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen. 12 seems like pretty firm support.
Old 04-08-2009, 06:20 AM
Banned

PM's will take off
???

Gold at $950 isn't cheap
Old 04-08-2009, 02:32 PM

$950 gold is cheap. Some analysts have it targeted at $10,000 by next year. I think that's puffing, but it certainly wouldn't have much trouble getting to $6000 in two, higher maybe, if Tiny Tim continues working his Schleprock magic. Think how cheap 950 will seem then. I would like to see gold go down to $780 spot, just so I can buy more, but I'm about to give up on that.

Silver is really ready for a pop, and it should go higher than gold as a percentage of the selling price today. Even if you can't afford a whole ounce, fractionals are available, but at a higher premium. Anybody can buy generic silver rounds.
Old 04-09-2009, 04:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've got $20,000-$30,000 to invest and want to buy as low as I can
Why would you do that? Where can you put your money that it won't be subject to the same risks you spent two months caterwauling about? Don't you know "people are hurting?" Don't you know you can get "wiped out" as you put it? Why would you blow all that hot air about how evil the markets have been to Americans and then put your money in the very same place?

Or....OR.....are you like cascadedad and feel that you actually have some superhuman ability to pick winners and time the markets? Do you believe that, with no formal training what so ever, you can somehow pick stocks that will not lose money? If so, where were you when the DOW was at sub 6000? Do you now have some special confidence that you lacked previously? Are you, by your very actions, endorsing the probabilities of success of the stimulus package? Lol, why all the confidence now, when virtually only days ago you were bragging about the stability and success of investing in LAND????

Don't bother answering. I know what you will write before you do. It will be more hypocrisy glazed in more hypocrisy.
Old 04-09-2009, 04:51 AM
Dominant Buck

V.C. is feeling a little froggy this morning.
Old 04-09-2009, 05:21 AM
Banned

vc1111

when things are at historic lows - buy
when things have lost 60% or more of their value - buy
when things are at historic high's - sell
when things have doubled and triple din value - sell

From a 14,000 DOW we've seen as low as 6500.
Gold is $1,000 an ounce, close to historic highs.

If I had the cash, I'd buy homes in Phoenix and Las Vegas - south Florida - places very very hard hit in the real estate market.

Its a buyers market.

It doesn't come without risk.

I'm going to buy some stocks. I'm going to put $5,000 in a commodities account to start trading again.

I might buy some silver or gold, hard assets, and hedge them with options.

You can continue to lock your money into 401K's, let other people invest for you and do that. Its worked very well in the past 2 years for you I imagine
Old 04-09-2009, 06:46 AM
Dominant Buck

Great time to buy almost anything right now. I would go land/ real estate.
Old 04-09-2009, 08:13 AM
Typical Buck

Champlain, I am not sure about real estate. There are houses in my neighborhood that were selling for over $600,000 in 2006 and in the past couple of months the banks have been lucky to get $400,000 selling them out of foreclosure. There are enough "Bank Owned" for sale signs in front of houses where I live to convince me that as far as real estate has fallen, it still probably has at least another 10% to go.

Quick Reply: Easy come, easy go. Bear bounce last week.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.