Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
 Markets On The Fall / Employment Down >

Markets On The Fall / Employment Down

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Markets On The Fall / Employment Down

Old 03-27-2009, 03:45 PM
Banned

Default Markets On The Fall / Employment Down

Dow down 150 +/-today, also (GOOGLE NEWS search key word "jobs) .... reports employment on steady fall. Looks like Obama's plan is working as scheduled.
Old 03-27-2009, 03:51 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Markets On The Fall / Employment Down

Can't be. Kaibab said the stimulus was going to create jobs. Rainmaker said it was happening. Sharpknife told me it was the right path. How could it not work? We have the all time great orator ever to read off a teleprompter. A man better than Jackie Robinson himself!
Old 03-27-2009, 04:06 PM

ORIGINAL: Fieldmouse

Can't be. Kaibab said the stimulus was going to create jobs. Rainmaker said it was happening. Sharpknife told me it was the right path. How could it not work? We have the all time great orator ever to read off a teleprompter. A man better than Jackie Robinson himself!
Come on Mouse, you of all people should know that something so large won't take effect in matter of a month.... be real man, I know you you're smarter than that. Even Obama said it will take time.

BTW: The market was down for the day, Up for the week.
Old 03-27-2009, 04:12 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: kaibab_hunter74

Come on Mouse, you of all people should know that something so large won't take effect in matter of a month.... be real man, I know you you're smarter than that. Even Obama said it will take time.

Let me educate you. The market is a future prediction of where we will go. Right now, it's horizontal at best. FYI, 60% of that pork bill doesn't get spent til after 201o election. IU have hope it get's killed.
Old 03-27-2009, 04:24 PM

ORIGINAL: kaibab_hunter74

Let me educate you. The market is a future prediction of where we will go. Right now, it's horizontal at best. FYI, 60% of that pork bill doesn't get spent til after 201o election. IU have hope it get's killed.
I guess it's what you consider pork. For example: Most Republicans claim that replacing the federal fleet with hybridsis pork... well how's that? It creates jobs for people who make those cars, it saves the government money, and it saves the tax payers money.

There have a ton of job openings here in my location in AZ ( energy ).... reports have been claimed that the economy may be stablizing out.... never know though. But I have confidence.....

"Better-than-forecast economic reports on housing and durable goods orders this week have added to hopes that the economy is closer to turning around. Investors have also responded well to the latest plans from the government to stabilize the financial system."

http://money.cnn.com/2009/03/27/markets/markets_newyork/index.htm?postversion=2009032716

As far as the market being prediction of were we will go.... yea I agree with that.
Old 03-27-2009, 06:31 PM
Dominant Buck

I guess it's what you consider pork. For example: Most Republicans claim that replacing the federal fleet with hybridsis pork... well how's that? It creates jobs for people who make those cars, it saves the government money, and it saves the tax payers money.
According to Clark Howard, the tightest of tight wads in America (retired at age 34), those who keep their cars for 7 to 10 years instead of flipping them in 3 or four years retire 10 years earlier. Why get rid of a car just because it has hybird on the back? I have an Expedition with 315k on it and it runs great. A mazada p/u (last year for them) with 200k+. A Jaguar X-type with 160+. I getting ready to replace it with an awesome used sleeper car out there on the market. Then my S320 with just under 120k. All run great and like I said, only the Jaq I'm planning on replacing just because it's my wife's. I drive my car until it drops.

So no, that is pork spending at it's best. FYI, it also increases the motor pool.
There have a ton of job openings here in my location in AZ ( energy ).... reports have been claimed that the economy may be stablizing out.... never know though. But I have confidence.....
Get rid of the heavy nuke restrictions and not only would we have tons of new job, clean energy but it would get done with private investment. I haven't even got into coal energy yet.

"Better-than-forecast economic reports on housing and durable goods orders this week have added to hopes that the economy is closer to turning around. Investors have also responded well to the latest plans from the government to stabilize the financial system."
Who's the one doing the predicting?
Old 03-27-2009, 06:40 PM
Banned

Where was the DOW when Obama took office?
Old 03-27-2009, 06:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hybrids don't save Americans money. Last I heard, the initial cost is so high, it would take extraordinarily high gas prices to justify purchase. Maybe that's why millions are sitting on lots now. Having said that, IF the price of gas goes up again and hybrid prices fall further, it could eventually end up beinga net benefit only a handful of years into ownership.

As far as the market goes, it's nice to know some on the left here are now giving Obama ownership of where it goes. Most I hear from are saying this is a bear trap. I almost got in, since it WAS predicted, but missed out because I thought the S&P would go down 30 points before the rally. From what I'm hearing, upside is between S&P 880 and 900, and downside is about 50% by 2011.

As I've said before, if America fails, we all lose. But the market will be the litmus test to how successful Obama is as president, because it reflects how well the economy is doing and is expected to do.