Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
 Five Years From Now >

Five Years From Now

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Five Years From Now

Old 02-20-2009, 09:00 PM

Default Five Years From Now

What do you think America will be like five years from now? All jokes and crazy theories aside. Do you think America will be the strong country she has been for the last few hundred years, or do you think the current president will cause this country to go under?
Old 02-20-2009, 10:34 PM

Default RE: Five Years From Now

This country is already on the verge of going under are you serious? The saying is, it will get worse before it get's better is an under statement for us. Most of us on here can recall the story's of are grandparent's telling us about the depression and what they went through. I think this is the tip of the iceburgh. Obamma can print all the money he want's there's nothing to back it up, because the one thing in this world worse then a terrorist is the american buisness man. Who would sell his soul for a check. I just retired from the Navy, seen more then my share of pollitics in action, 5 years from now? let'shope, no pray it's better. My kid's and your's deserve better.
Old 02-21-2009, 04:30 AM

I think things will be alot better in five years. Obama will be in the beginning of his second term and if he keeps the focus he has now, and doesn't let up, the country will recover nicely. The average american, 'middle class', are finally getting the picture that the ' Rush Limbaughs, Shaun Hannitys, Ann Coulters ect. ect.', are not pulling for them. I suspect that in the next elections, more neocon republicans will be removed from office increasing the opportunity for stronger recovery and an increase in confidence of the majority of people. Term limits are really hurting the country now, or they would quickly be weeded out.
Old 02-21-2009, 05:16 AM
Dominant Buck

2010 you will see the Republicans back in control of congress. Most of this pork bill will be canceled and the Bush tax cuts will be made permenant. Obama will have to cave to this idea because quickly the American people are realising $13/ week now dropping to $8/week isn't going to buy anything except a happy meal. They are also faced with their taxes increasing by $2500/yr in 2011 won't help them either. Add in the rewards Obama is giving out to folks who were recklass with their money and bought homes they can't afford. 92% of Americans look at this and shake their head. They wonder, why aren't they the ones being rewarded. If that wasn't bad enough, renters are now demanding their cut. So the American people are wondering when does this nonsense end. Also, this stimulus plan had nothing for business to encourage any investment or hiring so don't expect job numbers to improve. They too are facing massive tax increases in 2011. This will also put pressure on Obama to reverse course with government spending and force him to cut taxes to spur on growth.
Old 02-21-2009, 05:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think things will be alot better in five years. Obama will be in the beginning of his second term and if he keeps the focus he has now, and doesn't let up, the country will recover nicely.
Rainman, Obama even said himself if things arent better in 4 years he wont be re elected, your getting a little ahead of yourself putting him in his second term.

The average american, 'middle class', are finally getting the picture that the ' Rush Limbaughs, Shaun Hannitys, Ann Coulters ect. ect.', are not pulling for them.
Rush ,Shawn, and Ann are entertainment, nothing else, even if everyone quit listening to them its not gonna fix anything.Same as the liberal news networks, they report what suits thier agendas and nothing else.Actually I take that back, if they had all quit reporting all together things could actually have improved, I think thier fear mongering has probably greatly sped up the current recession,they hammer people with horror stories everyday all day for months on end then wonder why people are afraid to spend money or invest in anything.

I suspect that in the next elections, more neocon republicans will be removed from office increasing the opportunity for stronger recovery and an increase in confidence of the majority of people
You should really hope thats not the case, it takes all checks and balances completley off the table and gives one party way to much power, it doesnt matter which party it is.If and when this stimulus package fails whats that going to do for the peoples confidence?

Personally five years from now I imagine we may begin recovering from this.But we wont be the same major player we have been in world affairs.Were gonna have a weak dollar, a lot of domestic problems to deal with, and high prices on everything.Unemployment will still be high, taxes will be high, and credit will be hard to come by.Jobs will still be leaving the country faster than they are now sped up by higher taxes.This will all be hand in hand with large scale govt intrusion into many industries and peoples personal lives.Were not gonna buy our way out of this, were not going to legislate it away, and its certainly not gonna be a quick fix.A lot of people will be dealing with the fallout from this for a long time to come and its gonna get much harder before it gets any better.
Old 02-21-2009, 05:49 AM
Banned

in five years ....

11,000 DOW
7-8% interest rates
30-50% inflation
about the same number of unemployment
we're still in Iraq [:@]
I will not be working for Sprint wireless
Old 02-21-2009, 05:55 AM
Boone & Crockett

We're not going under. Look at the rest of the world. They're doing even worse than we are. Most countriesare close to rock-bottom anyway. We at least have a 'cushion', if you will, in terms of our advanced economy, high standards of living, and relative freedoms.

In five years from now, I imagine that the GDP, after having fallen a few percentage points here or there, will begin to rebound. Americans, at least the ones who have a brain, will remember the crap we're experiencing now and perhaps think more carefully about the long term.

As far as international politics goes, we've been heading towards a multipolar paradigm for a couple decades now. I think we'll stay on top both in terms of power and influence, but competition will be tight, as it has been.
Old 02-21-2009, 06:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Most countriesare close to rock-bottom anyway. We at least have a 'cushion', if you will, in terms of our advanced economy, high standards of living, and relative freedoms.
Aught, I really have no idea what would happen but what if some of these other countries do rebound quicker than we do?As you said many of them are close to rock bottom now, we still have a ways to go to hit that point.And many of them arent simply printing more money to try to stay on top of this as we are.

Just curious because many of them already offer lower taxes, lower paid labor forces, and much less red tape to jump through to operate, throw in a somewhat stable economy while ours isstill struggling and whats to prevent corporations from leaving the US in mass?Wouldnt that further screw us over in the long run?
Old 02-21-2009, 06:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: stealthycat II

in five years ....

11,000 DOW
7-8% interest rates
30-50% inflation
about the same number of unemployment
we're still in Iraq [:@]
I will not be working for Sprint wireless
11,000 DOW after the adjustment for the inflation that is sure to come. Yikes! That aint too good.
Inflation alone might bump it up to 11,000, because it sure won't be because of any economic growth.

Our only hope is for a good mid-term election in 2010. We have to stopall the back ended spending in the so called "emergency stimulus bill." Of course, we may have two or three more trillion dollar Obama ideas to pay for by then.

In 5 years, we will probably be offering California to anybody who will take over payments.

C. Davis
Old 02-21-2009, 06:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

Aught, I really have no idea what would happen but what if some of these other countries do rebound quicker than we do?As you said many of them are close to rock bottom now, we still have a ways to go to hit that point.And many of them arent simply printing more money to try to stay on top of this as we are.
I'm not worried about that so much. Take China, for instance. They've been one of our biggest threates economically (although they've also helped us in many ways). Even with their double-digit economic growth, they still have a long way to go catching up to us. And man are they hurting right now. Twenty-plusmillion unemployed migrant workers (and growing steadily) roaming the country makes our problems seem fairly insignificant.

Few, if any, of the other top developing nations are likely to reacheven China's level at the rate we're going.

Just curious because many of them already offer lower taxes, lower paid labor forces, and much less red tape to jump through to operate, throw in a somewhat stable economy while ours isstill struggling and whats to prevent corporations from leaving the US in mass?Wouldnt that further screw us over in the long run?
Relative stability, that's what. Just because something's cheaper today doesn't mean that it will be forever. The stability of American democracy is our best asset. There's always a quick buck to be made somewhere overseas, but I wouldn't expect companies to pack up and move over it. The U.S. is the center of the financial world for good reason, even with the globalization of various markets.

Quick Reply: Five Years From Now

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.