Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
 Where do you think you're going Mr. Burris??? >

Where do you think you're going Mr. Burris???

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Where do you think you're going Mr. Burris???

Old 01-06-2009, 12:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Where do you think you're going Mr. Burris???

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28507873?GT1=43001

Possible federal lawsuit by Mr Burris against the Senate..this is good
Old 01-06-2009, 01:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Where do you think you're going Mr. Burris???

I have long been a conservative Republican. I am in no hurry to have another liberal Democratic senator ascending to power. I feel no deep affection for the coarse, ill-mannered, anti-gun rights Governor of Illinois. At the same time, I am aghast at what appears to be ready disregard and abandonment of the due process of law.

Blagojavitch is the legal governor of Illinois. It is in Blagojavitch's powers to appoint the replacement for Barrack Obama. Blagojavitch has appointed Burris. Burris meets the constitutionally mandated requirements. Game over. Nothing more needs to be said. I don't see how it is in the Democrats's interests to block the seating of Burris.

If anything reflects poorly on Democrats it is abandoning the due process of law. That appears to be happening. I hope Burris immediately takes this to the appropriate courts and get this rectified immediately.

I want to point out something about Blagojavitch. The public seems to have already found him guilty. But there has been no proper evidence produced. The stuff which was released by the US Prosecutor about a month ago, seems to me, was merely character assassination material. Not enough information and details there to make a case . . . only enough to lead the public to pile on and condemn this already disliked governor. That isn't the way it works, people. The guy is innocent until proven guilty. It smells pretty bad, in my opinion. Talking crudely and blusteringly is not a crime. You have to prove the conspiracy . . . and that evidence doesn't prove that.
Old 01-06-2009, 02:23 PM
Dominant Buck

To Denny's, they will seat a black man.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

This is a joke. It is not about right or wrong or that a governor tried to sell the seat. It is about the fact the dems know if they have an election now there done. They know if they let him in there done. I think they’re pushing it off till tony soprano wonna be get tossed out on his a**then locked up then the new Gov. can reappoint a new dem. That will have a chance at a 2010 reelection. That is why they told Burris he could come in if he did not run in 2010. That is like telling achild molester it is ok to go to the school just only do it once or twice and dams theactions that come from it
Old 01-07-2009, 06:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

I think it is going to hurt US Senate democrats who have opposed seating Burris. There is no legal basis for their opposition. They will be compelled by courts to seat Burris. It makes them look lawless and unprincipled, in my view. I applaud Diane Feinstein for speaking the truth andraising her voice to call for Burris to be seated. How senior political leaders -- many of them attorneys -- could get on the wrong side of this is a mystery to me. Its a no brainer. Disclaimer: on most issues I have no affection or fellow feeling with Diane Feinstein.

With respect to Blagojavitch . . . the more I think about that whole thing, the more I begin to wonder if it is simply a matter of Blagojavitch's political enemies trying to squeeze him out. The US attorney brings charges and releases some partial transcript that makes Blagojavitch look bad . . . but doesn't really read on a crime? I guess we tend to assume prosecuting attorneys are upstanding, don't have a political agenda, but let's not forget the case of the prosecuting attorney who chased those Duke Lacrosse team boys around for the better part of a year with really bad evidence from a stripper and buried exculpatory evidence. "No. That can't happen here. That has never happened before. Blagojavitch must be guilty! He has been charged with a crime!" And what has become of this impeachment proceeding in the Illinois legislature. Last I heard these proceedings had been put on indefinite hold. The impression given is that this is merely the briefest of pauses . . . but I didn't hear a specific resumption date or recess term articulated, leaving me to conclude that there is no specific date set to resume. So in the meantime, in the face of unsubstantiated and unproven allegations and challenges a popularly elected governor is supposed to give over his constitutional powers? That isn't the rule of law that I expect us to follow. And, again, I'm no fan of Blagojavitch.

Follow the friggin' laws.
Old 01-07-2009, 06:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

The Dems seem to have assumed that through their pressure, Blago would not make an appointment, and would have stepped down ... you know, do the honorable thing. Well, he didn't (of course) and now, their bluff is called. They will look bad in the end, no matter what happens now.
Old 01-07-2009, 06:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

I especially love one group of liberals calling another group racist over this. That's the most entertaining part, IMO.
Old 01-07-2009, 06:55 AM
Boone & Crockett

What is scary is the blatant disregard for our constitution.
Old 01-07-2009, 07:13 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Charlie P

What is scary is the blatant disregard for our constitution.
Hey charlie, 2/3rds of the federal budget represent a blatant disregard for our constitution so why should this shock you?
Old 01-07-2009, 08:13 AM
Dominant Buck

This is ugly for the Demos.. I dont see how they cannot seat him. No convictions have been made, and the Governer is still the governer.

I understand the Demos discontent and why they do not want to seat him, but legally they have no grounds. Just my oppinion.

Quick Reply: Where do you think you're going Mr. Burris???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.