Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
 HA! Rahm Emmanuel brought down Blago!!! >

HA! Rahm Emmanuel brought down Blago!!!

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

HA! Rahm Emmanuel brought down Blago!!!

Old 12-09-2008, 06:22 PM

Default HA! Rahm Emmanuel brought down Blago!!!

Looks like Obama passed his first integrity test. HIS STAFF blew the whistle--ON A DEMOCRAT!!!

The governor, accused of seeking cash for the political appointment of Obama's Senate replacement, is not a close associate of the President-elect. Indeed, in the affidavit, Blagojevich called Obama a "motherf&^%$%" for wanting him to appoint an official that the governor either did not like or wouldn't receive money from. Local news reports, meanwhile, suggest that it was Obama chief-of-staff Rahm Emanuel who blew the whistle on the governor.

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2008/12/feds_obama_wouldnt_play_ball_w.php
Old 12-09-2008, 08:18 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: HA! Rahm Emmanuel brought down Blago!!!

ORIGINAL: AlaskaMagnum

Looks like Obama passed his first integrity test. HIS STAFF blew the whistle--ON A DEMOCRAT!!!

The governor, accused of seeking cash for the political appointment of Obama's Senate replacement, is not a close associate of the President-elect. Indeed, in the affidavit, Blagojevich called Obama a "motherf&^%$%" for wanting him to appoint an official that the governor either did not like or wouldn't receive money from. Local news reports, meanwhile, suggest that it was Obama chief-of-staff Rahm Emanuel who blew the whistle on the governor.

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2008/12/feds_obama_wouldnt_play_ball_w.php
You mean the guy obama has publically endorsed in 2002 and 2006? Guess we can't trust bamas's decision making skills. Seems he is all the time supporting criminals.

But I don't blame them for whistleblowing, this way they try to distance themselves and take the credit. If they waited until say a republican did, then they would have looked kinda bad. AM, I can't believe you are not smart enough to see this crap. This is easy stuff.

Old 12-10-2008, 07:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Feds: Obama Wouldn't Play Ball With Blago By Zachary Roth - December 9, 2008, 11:05AM[/align] From Fitzgerald's statement:

[blockquote]In a conversation with Harris on November 11, the charges state, Blagojevich said he knew that the President-elect wanted Senate Candidate 1 for the open seat but "they're not willing to give me anything except appreciation. [Expletive] them." [/blockquote] Looks like Obama wouldn't pay to play.
[/align]
This is the entire article you linked to. It says the Obama admin knew the seat was for sale. Where does it say they blew the whistle?
Old 12-10-2008, 07:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

This is an Obama quote that is in about all the articles in circulation right now:

He pointedly distanced himself from the case Tuesday, saying, "I had no contact with the governor or his office, and so I was not aware of what was happening" concerning any possible dealing about Blagojevich's appointment of a successor.
So, is Obama lying? Was he aware, or not? Why lie about it? If his admin. turned the crooked gov. in, he should be proud of it, not lying to cover up his knowledge of the dealings ...

This really has me wondering now. If there's one thing I learned in the last 8 years, it's that the president is his administration, and the administration is the president. If the administration does anything, it's the president's responsibility...

So, the Obama administration is taking credit for turning him in, yet Obama claims that there was no contact whatsoever. I just wonder which one is the truth.
Old 12-10-2008, 07:37 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: etothepii

Feds: Obama Wouldn't Play Ball With Blago By Zachary Roth - December 9, 2008, 11:05AM
[/align]From Fitzgerald's statement:

[blockquote]In a conversation with Harris on November 11, the charges state, Blagojevich said he knew that the President-elect wanted Senate Candidate 1 for the open seat but "they're not willing to give me anything except appreciation. [Expletive] them." [/blockquote]Looks like Obama wouldn't pay to play.

[/align]
This is the entire article you linked to. It says the Obama admin knew the seat was for sale. Where does it say they blew the whistle?
Yep, Blagojevich called Obama a mother Fer because he would not help him sale the seat. Obama should have turned that over imediatly. Why was it his cheif of staff that did it? I find that question quite curious.

Old 12-10-2008, 09:43 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Blago must have known he was being secretly recorded, therefore he mentioned BHO on purpose to try and tie him into the scandal. Yeah, that's it--has to be--we know BHO would never lie about any of his associations (Wright, Rezco, Ayers, etc. etc. etc.)

Burnie, still willing to give him 18 months? I'm still betting on 6.

Chad
Old 12-10-2008, 10:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

Burn and ETO, Who has come out and said Obama made the call himself, you really think he doesn't delegate duties like that out? Especially with all the otherthings going on in his life right now.
Old 12-10-2008, 11:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Obama caused the governor's downfall because he backed an override of an ethics bill which the governor had vetoed. This left the governor only a few months to keep up the shenanigans before they became illegal. So Rod really started to act up.

"In a sequence of events that neatly captures the contradictions of Barack Obama’s rise through Illinois politics, a phone call he made three months ago to urge passage of a state ethics bill indirectly contributed to the downfall of a fellow Democrat he twice supported, Gov. Rod R. Blagojevich.

Mr. Obama placed the call to his political mentor, Emil Jones Jr., president of the Illinois Senate. Mr. Jones was a critic of the legislation, which sought to curb the influence of money in politics, as was Mr. Blagojevich, who had vetoed it. But after the call from Mr. Obama, the Senate overrode the veto, prompting the governor to press state contractors for campaign contributions before the law’s restrictions could take effect on Jan. 1, prosecutors say.

Tipped off to Mr. Blagojevich’s efforts, federal agents obtained wiretaps for his phones and eventually overheard what they say was scheming by the governor to profit from his appointment of a successor to the United States Senate seat being vacated by President-elect Obama. One official whose name has long been mentioned in Chicago political circles as a potential successor is Mr. Jones, a machine politician who was viewed as a roadblock to ethics reform but is friendly with Mr. Obama."

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/10/us/politics/10chicago.html
Old 12-10-2008, 11:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

Obama caused the governor's downfall because he backed an override of an ethics bill which the governor had vetoed. This left the governor only a few months to keep up the shenanigans before they became illegal. So Rod really started to act up.
So, bribery was legal in Ill. before Obama came along??? Please.

Burn and ETO, Who has come out and said Obama made the call himself, you really think he doesn't delegate duties like that out? Especially with all the otherthings going on in his life right now.
How many bad things were blamed on Bush because of his subordinates? How much credit is being denied him? Take Abu Grahb, for example. Bush is blamed for it, based on the actions of some power sick military personell. Forget the fact that the same military brought the charges and prosecuted those people. Did Bush ever get credit for that? No.

Looks like Obama will not be held to the same standard as Bush. No surprise, especially seeing who is posting about it.

Old 12-10-2008, 11:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

based on the actions of some power sick military personell.
Not really an accurate accounting of why now is it?

How many bad things were blamed on Bush because of his subordinates?
So what's your point his subordinate did a good thing.

Quick Reply: HA! Rahm Emmanuel brought down Blago!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.